Author Topic: Zelda: Wind Waker was it a let down?  (Read 43018 times)

Offline robofish

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda: Wind Waker was it a let down?
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2003, 09:57:08 PM »
You mean, with the GBA thing?
Avatar courtesy of http://www.darthfergie.com

"I want make change world melody.  Keep on singing, it's my goal in life.  I want make change world melody, don't need anymore string of f***ing lie."  - Mongol 800

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Zelda: Wind Waker was it a let down?
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2003, 09:32:21 PM »
Haha...That's cheating!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2003, 09:55:48 PM »
You really just have to do it over and over till you get the timing down on all the tornadoes and stuff. I think I played it like 80 times before I won. It cost like 10 rupees each time right? Well I know I spent like 80 rupees or more on it. In fact on the time I finally won I was kind of pissed because I could have sworen I had went farther before. Oh well.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2003, 12:12:50 PM »
I got it after about my third time, just using the tornadoes. . . I had upgraded magic, but no Tingle.  And make sure that the wind is blowing the direction that you're going.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline robofish

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2003, 04:48:08 PM »
Yeah, I finally got it.  It actually seemed kind of easy after I just sat down and worked at it for 10 or 15 minutes.  All that for a piece of heart!  I worked that hard for a piece of heart!  Oh well, I had fun trying to get it, so thats all that matters.
Avatar courtesy of http://www.darthfergie.com

"I want make change world melody.  Keep on singing, it's my goal in life.  I want make change world melody, don't need anymore string of f***ing lie."  - Mongol 800

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2003, 04:40:36 AM »
Anybody have all the upgrades, items and all 20 hearts?  I do. hehe.
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2003, 06:14:21 AM »
Of course!  What's the point in playing if you don't collect everything?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2003, 12:34:54 PM »
I have them all except for a few heart pieces, which I may get after finishing up stuff on F-Zero GX and Kirby Air Ride.  Both of which are proving to be quite a challenge.  Or at least a very time consuming ordeal.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline popkorn1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2003, 06:01:25 PM »
Yes, it was a disappointment for me.  In fact, I'm thinking of trading it in for credit, I have little desire to replay it.  I beat it, and yeah it was a lot of fun, but it was just missing something that I can't put my finger on.  I did think the graphics were outstanding, and I was never and still am not a "cel-hater" ... but alas, in the end after looking back on it, I would have loved the game so much more if it were a more realistic style.  Oh well.  I'm probably not going to trade it in, but only because its Zelda.  If it was the same game under any other name, it would be gone.  As a standalone game I'd give it a B+, maybe A- .. but in comparrison to the others, maybe a B-.

On a side note, I'm shocked that Metroid Prime isn't on any of your top 5 lists.  Shocked!  My #1 of all time, by a long shot.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2003, 08:57:57 PM »

On a side note, I'm shocked that Metroid Prime isn't on any of your top 5 lists. Shocked! My #1 of all time, by a long shot.

Yeah it is really awesome. I can't possibly make a real top five.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Polemistis

• Pirate Commando Elite Space Pirate Shocktrooper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2003, 04:24:03 PM »
Yes popkorn1, Metroid Prime was awsome!
Heres my top 5:
1) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
2) Metroid Prime (GCN)
3) Age of Empires: The Conquerors Expansion (PC)
4) Counter-Strike (PC)
5) Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask (N64)
Currently Playing: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Most Wanted: Next Cubed Zelda

What the hell? An Aezbit?!? PRESS L+R+B TO REBOOT SYSTEM!!

Offline -GANON-

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2003, 03:13:52 PM »
ya i might sound like a complete retard (although it might just be a result of cheap drugs) but my fav game waz majoras mask. I musta repalyed it more that 10 times. I know there waz a major lack of storyline...and the fact that hyrule,zelda or ganon waznt in it suxed but its soo dam fun to play (since when did the topic change to our fav games?)

Offline phatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2003, 02:22:34 PM »
I didn't enjoy MM very much.  I hated having to go back in time all the time.  When you completed something, it always looks like you didn't do anything.  I really liked all the masks, however.  Especially the ones that let you be the deku scrub, goron, and zora. It let you see what it's actually like to be them.  But that's all I really liked in it.
I love the gamecube like a fat boy loves his cake.

Fourth in command of the dragon squad. Responsible for making armor and items for the dragons.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2003, 07:00:40 PM »
Yeah, the mask idea was extremely cool.  I hope they think of something like that again, for WW2.

Offline phatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2003, 10:40:22 AM »
I doubt they will, for WW2.  Since we didn't have them in WW, we probably won't have them in WW2 since it wouldn't go really well with the story. But it would be really cool, I have to admit. I wish we still had the Ocarina though.  I don't really like the wind staff that we have now.
I love the gamecube like a fat boy loves his cake.

Fourth in command of the dragon squad. Responsible for making armor and items for the dragons.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2003, 03:57:40 PM »
Zelda: WindWaker was perfect in its graphics, sound effects and plot/storyline... but I find that there were only 2 letdowns for it which just didn't make it my number 1 game.

First of all, as basically everybody has mentioned, it was far too short compared to Ocarina of Time.
Thats why Ocarina of Time is one of the best Zelda Games... because of its length and its difficulty.
The only thing I ask for in a future Zelda game is a difficulty level.
So that first-time players can go for an Easy, while the ones who want extra challenge can go for a Hard.
If it is set out like that, then I'd imagine that it would have much more lastability, as everyone would want to beat the Hard mode... maybe to unlock something?

The other thing about WindWaker is the sailing.
Yes... I know it is new and it is good to have it in there, but I manage to get bored when your always sailing so far distances... sometimes only to find out that you headed in the wrong direction. It is all set out good with the sounds of the breeze while sailing and how the seagulls fly above your boat just like dolphins would swim below a ship.
It was all set out great... except for the fact that you were doing it for about 40% of the game.  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2003, 06:40:19 PM »
I was disappointed with Wind Waker but it took me a while to figure out exactly what I didn't like about it. I had a fairly long list of bitches about the game but I narrowed it down to one. The ocean. It was just way to big and you had to sail on it for way to long. Having the over-world made up of like 90% blue nothing gets f@cking annoying and boring fast. The game as a whole didn't bring about those good old fashion feelings of playing a Zelda game that I usually get from playing Zelda. Again this was the oceans fault.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2003, 07:03:57 PM »
I agree with you on the ocean.
I prefer Zelda Games to be 'More Land' over 'More Water'.

Whats WindWaker 2 Going to based around?
Hyrule taking liftoff and then istead of sailing great distances we are going to have to fly them?

I want them to go back to the land... but seeing they stuffed up parts of the story of Hyrule being flooded, where else is there to go?

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2003, 02:37:15 AM »
One thing I haven't mentioned is the Wind Waker itself. I honestly can't grasp what made someone think it was better than an ocarina or another instrument. One that has rhythm. I know the WW can do 3/4, 4/4 and psuedo 6/8, but that wouldn't be hard to implent with a different instrument. It might seem pretty minor, but I enjoyed playing around with the ocarina, and having to wait for the beats to line up every time you play a song is annoying.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2003, 06:44:35 AM »
I think it was too short but it if Nintendo make WW2 much bigger then WW1 will be a perfect bridge to introduce you to this age.

Offline Ocarina_Jedi

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2003, 11:39:34 AM »
I got the same complaints everyone else does.  Too much sailing in WW. It was a good idea, but in the end it doesn't hold up.  In WW2, I would much rather sail around maybe 10% of the time.
From the very begining I didn't like the baton.  I just tried to accept it, but now that I see I'm not the only one who didn't like it, I'll say my piece.  WHY does Link conduct the wind?  That has to be the dumbest idea ever.  I think that controlling the wind was a great gimmick for the new game, but with a conducters baton???  Why not a kazoo for crying out loud?  The ocarina should have been brought back for WW, and it should be in WW2.  That is the perfect item for Link in any game.
You wanna know something that I missed in WW?  There were no masks.  (The Hero's Charm doesn't count.)  I had grown fond of masks because of MM.  I'd like to see some again.
Plus, am I the only one who thought that Ganondorf was kinda easy?
(Don't get the wrong idea.  I really liked WW, I'm just saying there was room for improvement.)
I've gotta say what I've gotta say, and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2003, 11:19:34 AM »
Well now they know what people want, they can improve.

Less Sailing
Masks
Ocarina
Multiple Tunics (like the zora and goron ones)

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2003, 11:21:22 AM »
Well now they know what people want, they can improve.

Less Sailing
Masks
Ocarina
Multiple Tunics (like the zora and goron ones)

Offline silverdonut

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »
What was the point of that double post, Jade?

I hate the baton.  It took me forever to get itright.  I loved the ocarina.  I loved making up new songs and stuff. I also loved the masks too.  I especially loved the way you can be the deku scrub, goron, and zora.  It gave you an idea of what it might actually be like being one of them insead of a human. The difficulty level was ok.  Not too hard, yet not too easy. I liked it that way.

Does anyone else agree with me in saying that the first boss was harder than Ganon?
WARNING! Never attempt to directly fax anyone an image of your naked buttocks. Always photocopy your buttocks and fax the photocopy.
-Warning label on a fax machine

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2003, 08:11:05 AM »
I accedently posted twice and I dont know how to delete it

THE NAME IS JALE, J-A-L-E not Jade

I agree. Ghoma was difficult becuase of the annyoing moving tail, but Ganon was too easy. It was like fighting a harder Darknut.