Author Topic: F-Zero AX  (Read 4086 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
F-Zero AX
« on: September 06, 2003, 07:00:13 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this. Does anyone know when and where it will be realesed. Nintendo needs to make a site that tells u where to find them at cuz I need to know. O Yea, F-Zero Owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: F-Zero AX
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 11:14:24 AM »
All i know is i want to buy a cabinet for my home.  =)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 12:30:55 PM »
Me too!  How much will it cost?  Cause I've got $1,000,000 just burning a hole in my pocket!  I just NEED to spend it!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 01:13:10 PM »
I'm guessing it will be like 5 grand plus another grand to ship unless you can pick it up.. =/

::edit::
My guess comes from how much DDR cabinets are going for because I figure they are similar in size and such...
Here is a DDR machine on ebay....  eesh thats expensive...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
RE:F-Zero AX
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 04:47:41 AM »
F-zero AX deluxe costs $8850......F-Zero AX

Also....if you live in the San Francisco they have F-zero AX!!!! At the Riptide Arcade at Pier 39. It's the standard model  not the deluxe, but it's still cool as hell. The best part about it, is I work there!!! Yeah free F-zero for me! The game costs $1 to play and $1 for the card. And it does include the memory card slot.

I was told that we are the only place that has it right now, and we are testing it for Sega. Most likely because Sega's office is located in San Francisco.

Come on by and play. The more people that play the game, the faster Sega will release it!!!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 05:43:10 AM »
Jesus thats expensive.....What is the difference between the two models you are referring to?
---------------------

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 08:31:14 AM »
The standard one looks like Initial D, actually same cabinet...here's a pic of the Initial D machine..Initial D

Although it still has the cool steering wheel. Also the seat does not move on the standard.

I talked to the owner and he told me there are two F-Zero's out there. We have one and Sega is using the other one for a big arcade show later this month.

EDIT: Weird, it didn't put in my edit...oh well. I found this pic, the page is in Japanese but you can see the difference. F-Zero AX Deluxe vs Standard

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 09:04:50 AM »
Me and a friend were thinking about taking out a loan and buying the University Arcade a while ago.  That kind of never worked out though when I found out I had to leave town, and neither of us wanted to call the people who currently owned it and explain that even though we had no money, we wanted to buy it.  

We were planning on having two main games....  DDR, and Soul Calibur II, with an intention to get F-Zero AC at a later time.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 12:18:32 PM »
That standard version is not near as cool as the big one, but how much does that go for?
---------------------

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 04:57:07 AM »
Why do you want to buy it?
Play it!
It is sooooo coool!
It moves, and you have to hang on for dear life!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 04:23:24 PM »
You mean you have to pay a dollar to play the arcade machine even if you own the game? How long does that dollar give you?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 08:07:39 PM »
lol... if you own the game, I am sure you can set a DIP switch to give you free plays.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 08:58:10 PM »
i dunno about free plays, since GX isn't out here yet.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 06:55:26 AM »
great pun Grey Ninja...=P  I hope that was on purpose...cause its pretty classic...

DIP

=)
---------------------

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 12:26:15 PM »
Ha ha, me get.  Uh, F-Zero GX is fun, but I don't much play arcade games. . . it's gonna be a living hell unlocking all the AX tracks and characters and stuff in GX. . .
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>