Author Topic: 2 New Pokemon games coming this christmas is Japan.  (Read 11100 times)

Offline Fish

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
2 New Pokemon games coming this christmas is Japan.
« on: September 04, 2003, 02:43:06 AM »
According to RPG Fan.com Nintendo announced that they are going to release 2 Pokemon GBA games this year in Japan, Pokemon Midori (Green) and Akai (Red/Crimson).

So this is the million seller this year, Pokemon. Never saw this one coming.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:2 New Pokemon games coming this christmas is Japan.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 03:51:04 AM »
This news sounds iffy because I doubt Ninty would release two more AAA titles in this absolutely packed last quarter.  Hopefully the news is true and they push it back a bit...

edit: I did a little research and found that this could very well be the case.  The games will most likely be remakes of the original Pokemon games.  I was actually hoping they would do remakes for the GC  Oh well, I hope they add lots of new stuff to make it the best yet if this rumor comes clean...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 04:58:06 PM »
Oh, remakes of the originals would be nice.  I tried to play the old ones the other day and I just couldn't stand the old "sprites" (they weren't really sprites, just drawings).  I hope these come stateside.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: 2 New Pokemon games coming this christmas is Japan.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2003, 06:46:28 PM »
Could this be how we get old pokemon in ruby/saphire???
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 06:32:04 AM »
I was thinking the same thing Pale...We can only hope

*prays for Nidoqueen*

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 07:58:49 AM »

I hope these come stateside.

If it Pokemon, its coming statestide.  It's too popular here for that to not happen.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 04:25:53 AM »
What the hell? Two new Pokemon games already?

Sounds a bit fishy though

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2003, 07:00:00 AM »
Hmm, I have my doubts. Why remake a game that you can already play on the GBA (abeit not as 'purty') and a game that came out only five years ago? Especially since they'd probably charge $30 for each, when you can get a brand new copy of the old games at Wal-Mart for half that. The only possible way I would buy them is to get the old Pokemon back, but Pokemon Collusium is set to already do that.
This could also be just another crazy rumor. I remember a couple of years ago, there was a rumor that Nintendo was going to re-release Gold and Silver in actual Gold and Silver colored metalic cartridges. And that didn't happen either.
If anything, this could just be another "Crystal" or "Yellow" style game, with a few key differences from Ruby and Sapphire.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 09:19:48 PM »
Actually we dont know is Pokemon Colloseum will let you unlock the older monsters
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 03:53:51 AM »
OK, let's compare a "port" and a "remake"

A port is just a transfer from one system to another.  A remake is a completely new game, possibly with new gameplay mechanics, minigames, as well as a graphical overhaul.  People will buy the remake if it's something new, plain and simple.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 03:58:15 AM »
Hell, Pokemon Blue/Red with R/S graphics?  I would snatch that up in a heart beat.  Squirtle to the rescue AGAIN.  =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2003, 03:34:16 AM »
I would not under any circumstances an updated port/remake, whatever you want to call it, of Red/Blue. Besides they did one of those, it was called 'Yellow'
Why not just play your old game on GBA?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2003, 03:42:24 AM »
Because this game will most likely be updated a great deal.  Link

"-Pokemon Fire Red (release Date N/A)
-Pokemon Leaf Green (release Date N/A)
-Both titles are under development
-Both titles are compartible (Linkable) to Ruby/Sapphire
-Both titles are compartible (Linkable) to Pokemon Colesseum
-The background is beautiful, battle zone is looked like GB version (no big change??)"

Offline Animelee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 10:11:47 AM »
If we take in to account the GSC Pokemon available in RS, and the evolutions of Pokemon from GRBY that were available in future games, let's see:

386 Pokemon in total.

202 available in R/S.

386 - 202 = 184

There are 151 available in Leaf Green/Fire Red.

184 - 151 = 33

Then you have evolutions/pre-evolutions for Pokemon from GRBY that appeared in future games:

Blissey
Steelix
Umbreon
Espeon
Bellossom
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Magby
Elekid
Smoochum
Scizor
Slowking
Kingdra
Porygon2
Crobat

That's a total of 16.

151 + 16 = 167

So if we assume 167 are available in the remakes, then:

184 - 167 = 17

We know that Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr are available in Colosseum, so we have another 3, plus their pre-evolutions, so, that means 9.

167 + 9 = 176

186 - 176 = 10

Hmmm, where are the remaining 10? It'd be pretty low for them to make a GSC remake with only 10 remaining Pokemon, so it's safe to say that Colosseum and Leaf Green/Fire Red will let us get all 386 Pokemon.

Unless...

We take these 3 hidden Pokemon into consideration:

I think those'll be in Colosseum, e-Cards, promotions, or Leaf Green/Fire Red.
The biggest Pokemon fan of all time.
Proud Nintendo fanboy.
"If it ain't from Nintendo, then I automatically hate it."

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 12:39:33 PM »
wow, i'll admit, i know nothing about pokemon other than what i've gathered from super smash brothers melee, and that really hurt my brain animelee.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 01:07:06 PM »
Since the games are going to be "re-makes", I would have to make the assumption that Nintendo would stick the GSC exclusives (Totodile, Chikorita, Cyndaquil and the like) in the game so you could also unlock them (like Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander in Pokemon Yellow). Unless of course you are able to unlock them with Pokemon Colussium.  I am also assuming that they are going to incorporate some of the "advanced" features into the old games, like the improved Pokemon storage and item holding, much like how they are putting Metal Gear Solid 2 moves into the MGS1 remake.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2003, 03:27:37 PM »
And the website is revealed!

Link

Looks real nice so far.  I hope they add a lot of new stuff so it'll be worth the purchase

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2003, 08:10:42 PM »
I'm doubting that they'll be simple ports with upgraded graphics and compatibality, I know the things such as the beauty pagents and breeding will have to be added.  I'm also sure that some pokemon from GSC/RuSa will be in it.  

I JUST WANT MY EEVEE!!!!  ::huggles his eevee evolutions::

I'm going to buy it, regardless of how similar it is.  I'll be annoyed if GSC come out as another remake later on though, because I still believe those games are undoubtedly the best of the pokemon so far, espicially with the Time options and much larger world map.

Hell, i could even be hoping a bit too much and this game might make it to the Islands that were on the second season of pokemon.  As i said, I'm hoping too much.  (Johto islands?)

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 05:15:26 AM »
I want the wireless link up things. Then I can link my GBplayers
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2003, 07:33:06 AM »

Originally posted by: Syl_Aran
Hell, i could even be hoping a bit too much and this game might make it to the Islands that were on the second season of pokemon.  As i said, I'm hoping too much.  (Johto islands?)

It was the Orange Islands in the second season of Pokemon. And I think they could build a sweet mini-game-themed game for the Cube based around the Orange Islands (since most of the battles in that series were like little challenges instead of actual battles)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2003, 09:20:33 PM »
Ya know what I want out of these games?  A built in pokemon transfer instead of just starting over again...wouldn't it be cool if it took your info from ruby saphire, copied everything exactly into these new ones, then upped teh difficulty of all the wild pokemon and such based on the levels of the pokemon you transferred in?  I think that would be pretty sweet.
---------------------

Offline Animelee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2003, 01:57:39 AM »
Okay, I'll try to give you guys the low-down (sp) on these new games.

Basically...

It has all 151 Pokemon, including the evolutions and pre-evolutions for the Kanto Pokemon that were in Johto -- Cleffa, Igglybuff, Politoed, Umbreon, Espeon, Bellossom, Blissey, Scizor, Steelix, Kingdra, Magby, Smoochum, Slowking, Porygon2, Elekid, Tyrogue, and Pichu. That's a total of 167 Pokemon in Leaf Green/Fire Red/Water Blue. It'll also be updated to correspond with the Ruby/Sapphire and Colosseum games, and it'll feature all of the movies, items, Pokemon, and features that Ruby/Sapphire has, such as Pokemon Contests, and breeding.

Oh yeah, Nintendo and GAME FREAK have also registered "Water Blue".

The rest of the Johto Pokemon will be available in Colosseum. Y'know, Snubbull, Sneasel, Lugia, Celebi, Ledyba, etc. That's a total of 100.

Leaf Green/Fire Red/Water Blue/Ruby/Sapphire/Colosseum = "cross-compatible".

Well, it looks like we know how to get all of the missing Pokemon (all 386), items, berries, features, and the National Pokedex.  
The biggest Pokemon fan of all time.
Proud Nintendo fanboy.
"If it ain't from Nintendo, then I automatically hate it."

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2003, 02:51:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure that we will be getting Water Blue instead of Leaf Green, since we never got Green in the first place...

I just want Nidoqueen

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2003, 11:26:24 AM »
I just want to get Farfetch'd again. I was seriously bummed out the day I learned that little duck wouldn't be in Ruby/Sapphire.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2003, 01:16:31 PM »
You use Farfetch'd too!?  A lot of people never used him because he was weaker than Pidgeot...

Pikachu, Nidoqueen, & Farfetch'd > all