Author Topic: Starlink Thread: The era of plastic has embraced the digital future.  (Read 2614 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Put a bit of time into this yesterday. It seems nice and fun. I'm still addicted to Monster Hunter so the amount of time I can put into this is limited ATM but this seems like a nice side game to have in rotation.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Starlink Thread: The era of plastic has embraced the digital future.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 12:22:03 AM »
I don't know if I can justify the price to myself with my current budget.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Starlink Thread: The era of plastic has embraced the digital future.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 02:23:32 AM »
I just paid 5 actual human dollars for an imaginary digital spaceship part. I am everything that's wrong with the gaming industry.

I'm liking this game quite a bit. I'd been getting the urge to go back and play more of No Man's Sky recently, but this is really scratching that itch with the big open star system and open-endedness. My only real complaint is I wish there were more control options, which feel fairly intuitive on a planet's surface, but I still find myself adjusting my ship's speed by accident when I push up or down on the left stick expecting that to control pitch.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
So the new DLC dropped. Has anyone tried it? I fell out of the game when other things came up and I'm keen to get back into it. Figure I'll pick up the StarFox DLC pack, but I'm not sure what it fully entails. I know it adds them as playable characters and also special mission for them, but do they have unique ships? I know that the extra DLC ships acted as "extra lives" of sorts, so will these three act as extra lives? I'm thinking of starting the game over and would be nice to play exclusively as the StarFox team.

I bought the physical starter because I wanted the Arwing, but I am also tempted to sell the physical game off and just buy the digital deluxe edition when it is on sale for like $20-$30.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Super KYTim89

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Any future games in this franchise will probably be exclusive to the Switch since it sold better on that console.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Exclusivity would probably reduce development costs as well as boost sales some since that whole "exclusive" moniker certainly seems to help with visibility and interest for games.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Super KYTim89

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Eighty percent of sales were on Switch.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Eighty percent of sales were on Switch.

DOMINATION

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
With how badly it did I just don't see a sequel happening. However it's very possible that Ubisoft Toronto will end up making a Star Fox game in the Star Link engine.