Poll

What games will you positively 100% buy for Switch?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
34 (17.6%)
1,2 Switch
5 (2.6%)
Snipperclips
12 (6.2%)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
17 (8.8%)
Arms
12 (6.2%)
Splatoon 2
22 (11.4%)
Super Mario Odyssey
37 (19.2%)
Fire Emblem Warriors
13 (6.7%)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
28 (14.5%)
The as of yet Untitled Pokemon game which may or may not be Stars
13 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: 1st Party Switch Games: What will you realistically buy?  (Read 11077 times)

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Party Switch Games: What will you realistically buy?
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »
I'm 100% in for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey. We have no details for the 2018 Fire Emblem game which was announced for Switch today, other than the fact that it will be a mainline Fire Emblem game... but that's all I need to know to be 100% in for that game too. I plan to have all these games on day one. 

Fire Emblem Warriors depends on how much of the series I become familiar with before it comes out. As much as I've come to love the Fire Emblem series with the 3DS games, I still have very little knowledge of the earlier games, and I feel like much of the appeal of Fire Emblem Warriors is having a connection to the entire series. I plan to play at least Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia before Fire Emblem Warriors comes out, and I'll see where things stand after that. Even if Fire Emblem Warriors isn't day one, I'll certainly get it at some point in time, so it is 100% in that sense.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:18 PM »
I still say that they blew a BIG chance for a Donkey Kong Warriors game...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »
Thanks Kairon and Phil! The 3GB install doesn't matter to me, got a harddrive hooked up to the Wii U. Portability might be a bonus for the Switch version, but I also kind of like the idea of at least having one Zelda title on the Wii U (didn't buy Warriors or the remakes). Will see.

Yeah, I'm guessing as we get closer we'll get more in-depth looks at the exact graphical differences between the two. The Switch will obviously be better, but I really am not the kind of guy to pick out nitty gritties like extra grass or high or higher res textures.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 04:49:51 AM »

Dude, I'd love to play that game.

Offline Gamejunkie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 04:30:34 PM »
I'm definitely getting Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey day one. I'm most likely going to get Arms and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 day one but those aren't 100% definite.

I'm surprised many people are getting Zelda on the Wii U. I own a Wii U and I would definitely get it on that if I wasn't getting a Switch but I'm looking forward to playing it on the go and elsewhere other then at home so personally I rather get the Switch version not to mention that version is supposedly going to look better and probably will have better load times I'm assuming.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »

Dude, I'd love to play that game.

Donkey Kong Warriors blows my mind. GOTY!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 09:12:29 PM »
In the spirit of characters that actually do slaughter thousands mercilessly, I'd much rather have a Dreamland Warriors instead.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 03:51:44 PM »
I'm surprised many people are getting Zelda on the Wii U. I own a Wii U and I would definitely get it on that if I wasn't getting a Switch but I'm looking forward to playing it on the go and elsewhere other then at home so personally I rather get the Switch version not to mention that version is supposedly going to look better and probably will have better load times I'm assuming.

Yeah the potential for long loadtimes does worry me a tiny bit. But for me the Wii U version is still the most likely candidate since I don't see myself picking up a Switch right away (holiday this year earliest probably), but also don't wanna miss out on a brand-new big Zelda title. So if the differences aren't enormous I'll totally settle for the Wii U one.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 12:22:59 PM »
I'm disappointed in the lack of ARMS votes. :(
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
I'm disappointed in the lack of ARMS votes. :(

I think it looks very interesting visually and like it might be fun to play, but I'm waiting to see how much depth the single player has (assuming there even is single player).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
My votes:

1,2,Switch
Snipperclips
Arms
Fire Emblem Warriors
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Unnamed Pokémon Game (Stars)

BotW I'm already getting on Switch so I'm willing to pass on it for the Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe doesn't hold much appeal to me since I already have it on Wii U. While a different battle mode is nice, my brother and I actually found enjoyment in the battle mode of MK8 and didn't mind it that much although smaller contained courses would be better. Never got into Splatoon on Wii U and not interested in the sequel at the moment either.

To be clear, Mario Odyssey is the only game I see myself being willing to buy at full price. All other games I'd be willing to wait for a deal at some point. 1,2,Switch is the most iffy but for the right price, yes, I'd positively buy it. Snipperclips seems to be getting the most hype building for it and it is one of the most intriguing titles. Arms has sold me the more I've seen of it. Still have to play the first XC to be properly hyped for the sequel but the time spent with XCX buts me squarely in the buy now play later category anyways. I like Hyrule Warriors despite the repetition that can occur. However, I think Fire Emblem makes a much better fit and despite not playing an FE game yet, I'd be done for this title due to my Hyrule Warriors experience. And I collect Pokémon games. I don't play 'em but I've got them all except Sun and Moon currently.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 11:22:38 AM »
Re-did my vote. No longer sold on MK8D.  Not enough content to buy at full price.  I mean, I already spent like 80 bucks on this game for Wii U.  I'd pay another $10 (maybe) for the new content their offering.  But the up-port just isn't worth the full price to me.  So, unless there's a clear path to upgrading, it's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Also added 1,2 Switch.  I'm more like 90% sold on it, but I think it'll be a fun game to have and share with others to show off the system.  Snipperclips seems great too, but also one of those games that could ruin a relationship.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »
At the moment, Super Mario Odyssey is the only sure thing. I'll need to know more about Nintendo's paid online service before committing to Splatoon 2. The rest, they're all various forms of "need more info" and "if the right price comes along...!"

BotW I'm already getting on Switch so I'm willing to pass on it for the Switch.
Yeah, sounds like a solid plan. No reason to go for a double Switcheroo there.