Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 359635 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Not gonna lie. Hearing Zelda finally speak, after like 27 years, hit me right in the feels.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I have to admit; I teared up a bit on that story trailer for Breath of the Wild. It got me good.

I did too.  I'm not used to crying in a Zelda game!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Inject it into my veins.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Just incredible

Oh yeah and the Wii U version has been announced to also be coming out on the same day.  So everyone is going to get to experience Zelda at launch this time instead of waiting a few weeks like Twilight Princess on the Gamecube.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Yeah, that looked absolutely incredible, and more like an interactive Princess Mononoke than ever. If there was any single game that would get me to buy a console, it'd be this one, but I don't think I can override my adult circuits on this one.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) March 3, 2017
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2017, 02:07:42 AM »
I haven't pre-ordered a game in years but I did with this one. For Canadian buyers, Amazon.ca has the Wii U version at $69.96 which is $10.00 off retail. Probably the best deal you're going to find on this title. I decided to take advantage of the price and get it now. You may want to do the same if you aren't going to try and go mad getting one of the special edition or Switch versions.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »
If I can't afford to pay my preorder (dang Nintendo), it is tempting to just buy all those new Amiibo for now.  The Bokoblin one in particular is so cute.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »
I haven't pre-ordered a game in years but I did with this one. For Canadian buyers, Amazon.ca has the Wii U version at $69.96 which is $10.00 off retail. Probably the best deal you're going to find on this title. I decided to take advantage of the price and get it now. You may want to do the same if you aren't going to try and go mad getting one of the special edition or Switch versions.

Yeah, I didn't see it on Amazon earlier, but looks like it's back up for preorder.  $9 off of the retail price for me with a prime membership.  Yes please, I'll save some money.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2017, 03:04:14 PM »
I generally get excited about almost everything but this last trailer holy smokes man!

Zelda looks like it's caught up to the rest of the world and just leapt passed it! The dialogue from Zelda, the Deku Tree! YES YES YES!!!! YAHOO!!!

Two scenes that really gave me the feels beyond the dialogue. That lone Bokoblin riding after Link and swinging the sword over his head! It looked so smooth and so real! And then Link riding across the beach on his horse!

The presentation, the voice acting, the creatures, the gameplay, the scope! That music!!!!! Gadzooks man I have not been excited for a game like this in forever! I mean I always get ultra excited about Smash but for anything else and especially Zelda? After TP released the hype just died.

Notice how the Zora, Ruto and Gorons evolved? Shark people, full on bird men and frosty winter coats respectively!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »
Easily the best trailer for anything I've ever seen.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2017, 05:01:52 PM »
This looks like the Zelda game I've been wanting to play since '86. I went into last night thinking Skyrim would be the main selling point of the Switch and I barely even care about it anymore. Well I do, but I'm guessing it won't be touched until after 100 hours of BotW.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2017, 05:35:28 PM »
Notice how the Zora, Ruto and Gorons evolved? Shark people, full on bird men and frosty winter coats respectively!

Yes, when I was watching the trailer again the second time, I was catching the different races and realizing that's the Zora or the Kokiri. I also noticed the second time I was watching it how there was a seal frolicking on the beach. I hope I can take a Deku Stick and club that seal. :evil;

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
I hope I can take a Deku Stick and club that seal. :evil;

I hope that after clubbing that seal enough times an entire flock of seals descends upon you and kills your character. 
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2017, 06:05:27 PM »
I hope I can take a Deku Stick and club that seal. :evil;

I hope that after clubbing that seal enough times an entire flock of seals descends upon you and kills your character.
Actually, my uncle, who works at Nintendo, told me that when you club a seal, a Zora who looks like Pamela Anderson shows up and shrieks at Link until his ears bleed rupees. Then she devours the rupees and spits them back at Link like bullets until he dies.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2017, 06:29:23 PM »
I also pre-ordered the Wii U version since I think it's going to be limited. I have Best Buy's Gamer Club thing, so I still get 20% off. Not too bad.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2017, 06:33:21 PM »
With an absence of hyperbole, that may be the greatest trailer I have seen. Is is me or is the IQ significantly better than the Wii U?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »

Actually, my uncle, who works at Nintendo, told me that when you club a seal, a Zora who looks like Pamela Anderson shows up and shrieks at Link until his ears bleed rupees. Then she devours the rupees and spits them back at Link like bullets until he dies.

All I'm hearing are more good reasons to club that seal. I guess you guys really want me to. Maybe if Seabert the seal wasn't such a big dick, I'd be willing to live and let live but nowadays I feel like I really got to teach them seals a lesson every time I see one.

Look at the smug son of a seal. Knows he's immune with those kids around.  >:(

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2017, 08:07:44 PM »
Im so glad the game will be voiced this time.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »

It looks a lot like phone games when casting to a TV, but the art style is fantastic.  The price does seem increasingly nonsensical compared to other mobile devices I have, but not bad if you factor in an $80 controller set and a $90 dock.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2017, 01:19:04 AM »
With an absence of hyperbole, that may be the greatest trailer I have seen. Is is me or is the IQ significantly better than the Wii U?

Funny you should say that, Nile Boogie. Click on the image for a bigger look.

Looks like higher resolution, better textures, and more detailed shadows. I think the Wii U version still looks great.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2017, 01:34:01 AM »
I think it would be best to wait until launch to compare the versions. But right now, the switch version does look better

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »

I hate most Latin American Spanish dubs because they just seem way over-acted for my tastes. There's still a little of that here but it's still way better. To the point that I wouldn't mind playing with it. I'd still prefer Japanese first and I hope that's included in the NA version. But English is now really the third option.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »
I also really hope they provide the Japanese dub. It suits the game much better.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:13 PM »
I hope the English voice acting is more subdued. Zelda crying in the trailer is exactly what I hate about a lot of Japanese voice acting in anime. It's just too much and comes off as melodramatic.

« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2017, 12:32:06 PM »

All I'm hearing are more good reasons to club that seal. I guess you guys really want me to. Maybe if Seabert the seal wasn't such a big dick, I'd be willing to live and let live but nowadays I feel like I really got to teach them seals a lesson every time I see one.

Look at the smug son of a seal. Knows he's immune with those kids around.  >:(

It turns out that the seal is actually some kind of desert walrus, and Link eventually tames or teams up with one. He lassos it and kind of surfs the sand with it.
I am NOT MysticGohan.