Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 359642 times)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
I didn't really know where to put this, but Nintendo was planning and had starting work on a console Wind Waker sequel!

This makes me seriously sad. I mean I liked Twilight Princess, but Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda and one of my favourite games of all time.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
This makes me seriously sad. I mean I liked Twilight Princess, but Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda and one of my favourite games of all time.
Don't be upset, bro. You can play the sequel to Wind Waker- even on Wii U!

It's called Phantom Hourglass
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
It's not the same.. :(
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Ign posted a story on this yesterday too. For some reason, it's the big news despite being a decade old and has to do with a presentation given in which Aonuma gave talking about the series with a slide showing Wind Waker 2 as the next game in development.

As a Wind Waker fan, myself, it is disappointing to know that. Yet, I'm not sure what to think of the news either. Part of why I like the game is because of the sailing and exploration/sense of discovery one gets from travelling the sea to find new islands and locate treasures from various maps. With the game now on land, that changes an element of the appeal. Plus, the game had the surprise of Hyrule time-locked in a bubble under the sea. The ending confrontation with Ganondorf seemed pretty definitive in finishing him off along with Hyrule Kingdom. Thus, it would be pretty hard to come up with story elements to top that. Phantom Hourglass showed one direction with a repeat of sailing to islands on an ocean as Tetra and Link continue to search for land. But, like you said, it's not the same for various reasons.

Spirit Tracks is an example of the story continuing on land. You could either have a story of Link exploring the land and ridding it of evil to make it safe for a new kingdom to be founded or do like Spirit Tracks did and set it in the future after it has been founded. While the DS may not be able to replicate the art style as masterfully as the GameCube or HD Wii U version, it goes to show that keeping the art style alone doesn't mean a Wind Waker sequel would achieve greatness. There are a lot of other elements blended along with that element which make it the great title that it is.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Lets be real here, the majority of the idea's they were going to use in Wind Waker 2 were more then likely used in Twilight Princess.  They even say in this new information that Wind Waker 2 was going to take place on land and they wanted to expand on Horse gameplay, it's not hard to look at Twilight Princess and put 2+2 together.

True the storyline would have been different and probably better but for the most part, we got to play what Wind Waker 2 was going to be, just with realistic graphics instead of cel-shaded.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Reggie shows off the Breath of the Wild Switch version for the first time + some Mario Run in the beginning.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
 :reggie: - "Kingdom Builder is where you get to build your own Mario Kingdom on your IOS device."

Does that mean it has a level builder? (EDIT: NO.) Dangit Jimmeh, get some answers out of him. Didn't even try prodding him about when Zeluda is coming out.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:23:16 AM by Beer Baron »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
I like how on twitter, Nintendo kept talking about Mario Run being shown, then this was just dropped all over us.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Wow, the Switch version looks so much better than the Wii U version.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
The most important thing they could have possibly done with this stage demo was have the handheld be untethered.

That was extremely wise and very cool.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I really like how Jimmy really proved he was on top of all the Zelda rumors. Reggie would start saying something and Jimmy would totally cut him off then complete the sentence because he's as obsessed with Zelda as we are amd already knew the stuff.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
It's hard to tell just how good it actually looks seeing as you're watching a screen through another screen...but it did look pretty damn good on the Switch.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Plus, the camera adds like 5fps.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
It's hard to tell just how good it actually looks seeing as you're watching a screen through another screen...but it did look pretty damn good on the Switch.

An easy way to see a difference is to compare the explosions. When Bill caused an explosion on the E3 Wii U build you could tell the framerate took a dip. You don't see that with this Switch build they showed.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
We need a "like" system.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Plus, the camera adds like 5fps.
Upvoted.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Apparently Jimmy is really into the Switch

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/806710980319162369

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile

An easy way to see a difference is to compare the explosions. When Bill caused an explosion on the E3 Wii U build you could tell the framerate took a dip. You don't see that with this Switch build they showed.

I was looking for any sort of detail that might suggest the Switch version is enhanced. I must admit the framerate did seem a little smoother. I'm looking for finer details, better textures, harder to find any jagged edges. Not seeing it yet, but the game does appear to run very smoothly.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'm torn now. I was getting the game on Wii U as hopefully a reason to keep it around other than as an emulator. But now I am thinking if I am getting Switch day one, which I am leaning towards doing. Then I might get this too. I did get TP on Wii but I still wish I had gone with the Game Cube then.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'm torn now. I was getting the game on Wii U as hopefully a reason to keep it around other than as an emulator. But now I am thinking if I am getting Switch day one, which I am leaning towards doing. Then I might get this too. I did get TP on Wii but I still wish I had gone with the Game Cube then.

How much did the waggle and world flip impact your feelings on TP?  Because those won't be factors here.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
If you're getting a Switch day one, get Breath of the Wild for it. If that's literally the last Wii U game you're looking to play, it's not worth buying it for that system just for that reason. If performance is that important or If you can't stand to hear performance nitpickers babble on about it here or elsewhere, then save yourself the trouble and get it for Switch. If you already have that system, you're more likely to replay it on that than Wii U, right?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
I have to admit; I teared up a bit on that story trailer for Breath of the Wild. It got me good.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Breath of the Wild is getting two special editions:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will provide players with a landmark Nintendo Switch experience on the system’s launch day in March, and will be available as a standard edition, Special Edition and Master Edition. The Special Edition includes the game, a Nintendo Switch Sheikah Slate Carrying Case, Sheikah Eye Collectible Coin, Relic of Hyrule: Calamity Ganon Tapestry and Weather-Worn Map, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sound Selection CD for a suggested retail price of $99.99. The Master Edition includes all of those items plus a Master Sword of Resurrection figure, and has a suggested retail price of $129.99.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
God... I want that OST! But for $40 more? Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
black fairy tales are better at sports

What's the betting that Link is still the "strong, silent type"? Even with Zelda speaking (and crying :'( ) I kind of still don't want Link to speak.
I am NOT MysticGohan.