Author Topic: I'm back in black or something like that...  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I'm back in black or something like that...
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:58:48 PM »
I have learned to things from these forums
1. don't roleplay or u will get banned.
2. Shaymin's an ass

yeah a made an extra account but would never have happened in the first place if i hadn't been banned for something stupid as **** as speaking in caps lock, and i wanted to get my point across.

but hey what the hell, still waiting for that apology sshaymin ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:57:23 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back in black or something like that...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:12:09 AM »

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 12:14:55 AM »
Picture? can't see it!
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 12:19:57 AM »

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 12:20:42 AM »
nope maybe my swag blocks it :rolleyes:
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 12:26:34 AM »
oh yeah forget to say that adrock's a dick too...
[/OOPS!b]
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 12:54:09 AM »
Actually though, while I think everyone here agrees about point number two Zing!! to be fair, it was UncleBob that banned you.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:44 AM »
[/OOPS!b]

So, Khush, how would you handle this?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 01:02:36 AM »
Simple. Nothing.

People post things all the time on these forums calling out or insulting other users and unless there is a report to the moderator, I don't think any of those other posts are ever moderated or corrected. Plus, it's in the funhouse where there was a "fanboy euthanization station" to call out or imply stupidity of other posters who posted over the top happy thoughts on Nintendo. A lot of the Off-Topic thread is people making snarky comments at other users. Lucariofan99 is back and wants to vent and is doing so in a funhouse thread that can be easily ignored and isn't distracting to any other threads and conversations. Thus, I see no reason for action on the part of a moderator here nor would I be concerned as a moderator.

What would you do?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:05 AM »
I think it's a little different than the typical passive-aggressive comments that typically go around vs. flat out launching unprovoked attacks (that isn't even criticizing an opinion they expressed, simply name-calling) on two different members of the forum, neither one of which has even posted in this thread.  On his very first day back.

And yes, there is a small history of issuing warnings against members who launch attacks that consist of nothing other than name-calling against other users here.  Not a lot of history - mostly because most members here are a slight notch above that.

Plainly, Khush, do you want a forum where members launch unprovoked "dick" attacks against other members who aren't even in the thread where it takes place?  Is that the kind of forum you're fighting for?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 01:22:56 AM »
Over a month later and you're still salty that I said you were justifiably banned for spamming the forums. Let it go, Elsa.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »
Welcome back, Lucariofan. Hopefully we can put all this behind us and you become a model member of our forums. Word of advice: try not to hold grudges over this kind of thing, that'll only get you into more trouble.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 02:54:53 AM »
So, it would be better if he made the attacks in the same thread that those users are posting in or where the "events" sort of took place? It obviously comes from his reading the Off-Topic thread so would it be better if he just posted it there?

If where he posted it doesn't matter, than all that matters is what he posted. In which case, I say that this type of commenting has been made before. If you need examples of this, I can dig some up but examples seem to bear no weight with you no matter how many or on point they are. These "dick" attacks may be blunt but they are hardly as incendiary as other comments made by one poster to another poster which wasn't moderated in the past. I realize there have been some cases where moderation took place but I think those are almost the exception to the rule. It's not like he's spamming these comments either. If it was me being attacked by another user like this, I wouldn't even care. Those comments aren't provocative to me. Maybe they are to the user they are directed to but I'd be surprised if that was the case. Frankly, Shaymin has long made it clear that he doesn't care for Lucariofan99 and hasn't bothered to hide that fact. But as long as it is done in a passive-aggressive way, I guess you are saying it is all right. That's the kind of forum you want?

Recently, having watched a bit of hockey again, I noticed something I hate about the refereeing. If there is a player who has a tendency to provoke other players or take liberties at them, the referees have no problem calling that player on any penalty he may cause or be part of. However, when blatant penalties happen to that player like being tripped or slashed, the referees won't call it and let the guilty party get away with it because the victim is usually more a trouble causer. To me, it should be called. The idea of differing player treatment is another reason why I've stopped watching a lot of hockey. You don't have to like the comments made by Lucariofan99 but, unless there is a call to moderate them by another user, I would not moderate them because other posters have been able to do the same without warning. Unless you want to start going down a rabbit hole of what can be an "acceptable" attack against another user versus an "unacceptable" attack. Passive-aggressive or blunt, it's an attack either way. And then when sarcasm comes in, hoo boy. I wouldn't want to go down that road.

It is surprising that he's made these comments on his first day back. He's had like 40 days to follow everyone's posts and the events that happened from his banning. I don't understand what could have caused him to wait so long to finally post his thoughts on it or why he wouldn't have read them..........

I think the more important question is that when the Aura Ghost posted here and said he like Shaymin and didn't hold grudges, why do we now see Lucariofan99 potentially holding grudges? What's the deal there Lucariofan99?

I think I've made it clear what type of forum I'm "fighting" for on a few occasions. It is one in which there is more openness to speak one's mind and to not be so harsh on newer members or those who are young and make the same youthful posts that most of us did when we first started posting here. I think if a lot of users looked at some of their posts from 2000-2005, they'd see a lot of ideas and comments which they would now mock and criticize if they were posted here. Heck, Animecyberrat recently came to an epiphany doing that. In many ways, we do have that on these forums and I do appreciate many of the allowances made by moderators.

People have different tolerances of what is the boundary between whether a post should be left alone or action taken. Obviously, there are some rules that have to be followed and I don't have a problem with most. I'm not advocating more politics talk or religion talk. I'm not saying we should post more about illegal activities. Yet, even in these cases, there has been leniency by the mods from time to time.  I do know that from time to time, I have called out another member. Ian Sane has probably been the victim of that more than any other user. As I've mentioned before, I'd rather argue against a point made by him in a humorous way or exaggerate his tendencies than a harsh attack. I don't flat out post that he sucks but I do call him a bargain bin expert. However, the rules clearly state: "You may not personally insult another user." So, I guess I've broken it. There are times where I've insulted other users just as a joke. It's still an insult so I've broken the rule. In your view of the rules, are you saying I should be banned or penalized? It's a breaking of the rule just like Lucariofan99 right now. It also means that nearly every member here should be penalized including some of the mods. This is that rabbit-hole I'm talking about of what constitutes an insult or attack.

The forum I'm fighting for is one where moderation happens because it is necessary or requested. This might mean that we can get more humorous or offbeat postings in Talkback or the Console sections of the forum. It may also mean that we get immaturity from one poster upset at another. However, if that poster only makes the comment once and moves on and isn't spamming the boards with this attack or continuously bringing it up in other threads when posting elsewhere with this person and no one else is retaliating or asking for moderation by reporting it, then I'd let the post be. There was a case with a user MetalMario2 and someone else that started getting into a real flame-war with one another. It was very much a competition of who could most insult the other. Insanolord posted a warning to both members and it was completely justified. They clearly were going overboard and Lucariofan99's posts here aren't even close to that level of vitriol. Which is another reason why I can't believe you feel the need to comment on this or make a big deal out of Lucariofan's posts. Out of curiosity, how many of the warnings issued to a member over an attack came from a post in the funhouse? Going back to the Insanolord example, MetalMario2 and the other member then ended up going right back at attacking one another after the warning was made and got banned. No problem with that. So much of their posting was clearly over any acceptable limit both before and after the warning.

To sum up, my take on the situation is this. Lucariofan99 is back. He's read through a lot of posts that he missed while away. This would include comments by Adrock who complained of his all caps posting. He obviously wanted to reply about this. He did so in his own misinformed way (still not realizing Shaymin wasn't to blame) yet with a bit of what he thought was humorous. (The giant caps-locked OOPS.) He's made his comments to the people he thought responsible for his ban (and returning banned people complaining about the other users that led to the banning is not something new) but he hasn't made a continuous deal to harp on it yet. He's said his bit and moved on. I'm hoping that stays that way. Adrock has posted his piece that Lucariofan99 needs to move on. And everyone else is ready to do the same.

If you think his speech is so shocking, then give him a warning about it UncleBob. That's something which has happened once in a while in the past. However, I just think it will keep adding to a continual forum drama cycle because Lucariofan99 has consistently shown a lack of understanding as to why he gets moderated or how the forums work. We have his image posting to attest to that. It's like how he continually asked for title changes but never understood how or why they got changed. I finally suggested that the mods just wipe it as asked and there has been no complaints or postings from Lucariofan99 regarding titles since then. If you an issue a warning, it's just going to keep the cycle going of Lucariofan99 being upset at you and then he keeps making comments about you or Shaymin which will probably lead to more warnings and another ban and the cycle continues. No warning probably means he will move on. I don't think anyone here really takes Lucariofan99 that seriously to be offended by him except perhaps you these days.

The forum I'm fighting for is one with more leniency and understanding than maybe a poster even deserves at some point. Yet, unless it is absolutely blatantly crossing a line, (and there are plenty of things I don't argue against because I agree with you and the other mods) then I'd say the rest of the forums seem to be cool with it, no one is complaining or flaming over it, it isn't causing any ripple effects or escalation and it is something that will be forgotten about it pretty quickly, so I guess I'll let it be. But that's just the kind of person I am I guess. I'd deal with what matters like merging the Miiverse Posts and Miiverse Artwork threads into on and then unpinning them because they are dead threads cluttering up the main page that only get a new post once in a blue moon and can just be bumped for those occasions and ignore the two quick jabs a poster made at two other users in a section of the forums not read by most users which is known for its sarcastic and semi-insulting and rule-bending nature in a thread that will be forgotten about once people stop posting in it over something which has a lot of grey area. Heck, TJ Spyke was given the custom title of Ass. So, if Lucariofan99 calling a member an ass is a warning offense, I guess the moderator who gave that title will also be punished? I could go on but I've posted more than enough here. Gah! You want to fight the worst battles sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:57:00 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 03:19:06 AM »
But why let me be the only one to weigh in on this? Let me open it up to our other forum members and ask how they would handle that post.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 03:27:32 AM »
I tend to agree with you, Khush, that moderation here should ideally be fairly lenient overall, but at the same time, if someone's had repeated issues in that regard, it's not that outlandish that they're going to get looked at a bit more closely. At a certain point you lose the benefit of the doubt.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 06:00:03 AM »
I'm going to steal and restructure someone else's idea and change a bit.

Taunts by the number
Stubborn by the score
Everyday you love me less
Each day I love you more
Yes, I've got taunts by the number
A game that I can't win
But the day that I stop baiting
That's the day my world will end.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 10:54:47 PM »
wow thanks khush...
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 11:02:09 PM »
Over a month later and you're still salty that I said you were justifiably banned for spamming the forums. Let it go, Elsa.
plz no frozen references, it's people like u who have destroyed that movie!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »
it's a grudge khush only because they still hate me I think they have made that obvious.
Made you look ****.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 11:58:24 PM »
I have a dream... that one day... Lucarios will walk the surface of this planet not in the face of oppression. To walk into open arms and be embraced into society.

I have a dream.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 12:04:49 AM »
Hey Lucario, how do I capture the Lucario in Pokemon Shuffle?

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 08:36:44 AM »
plz no frozen references, it's people like u who have destroyed that movie!
No it was pretty crappy anyways.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 08:35:13 PM »
Hey Lucario, how do I capture the Lucario in Pokemon Shuffle?
It's impossible! :'(
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »
[/OOPS!b]

So, Khush, how would you handle this?
so I get banned for speaking in caps lock bob? and to think I actually liked you...
Made you look ****.