Author Topic: Got a used Xbox 360 Jasper model. What games should I download?  (Read 12453 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Got a used Xbox 360 Jasper model. What games should I download?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 03:56:34 PM »
Damn that's quite a list! Which ones are you excited to try out?
I was serious when I said I was looking forward to playing the Burger King games! I've now played all three of them, they're surprisingly decent games. In fact I dare say Sneak King is the best stealth game ever created.

After that, I've started up Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, a game which any old Nintendo enthusiast would likely be curious about. It seems to be more about figuring out the right sort of vehicle to complete various challenges rather than racing, which is a good thing. I think it could be a good game in itself, but it does feel like a strange choice to have used Banjo-Kazooie for this idea.

When I'm done with that game, I'll probably check out Kameo next, I'm mildly curious about that as well. I'll also check out DooM 3 since I never had much chance to try it before. Beyond that, there's nothing in particular which jumps out at me. There's a reason I never had an Xbox 360 before, hee hee.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2018, 12:24:03 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Ghost_Recon_Advanced_Warfighter

This is an early 360 game that I randomly got with my first foray with the console, and I surprisingly liked it quite a bit. It doesn't play like the later Clancy games and has an actual focus on broader tactics, directing support units and airstrikes and such.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2019, 05:07:17 PM »
Slightly more than a year later and now the disc drive has stopped working completely, refusing to open no matter what, not even the eject method with a pin in the eject hole. I decided to take the risk and pry the thing open, and inside the disc drive, I noticed there's a crack on the plastic piece which slides left and right, lifting the disc spindle into place to spin the disc. However, I'm not sure if this is actually the cause of the problem, as the disc tray will close fine if I turn on the system with it already open. There also appears to be some damage on the bottom of the tray, and so I don't think it's bumping the plastic slider into place. This then causes things to become misaligned and it can't open again.

Unfortunately, replacing a disc drive isn't so easy since they each have a special key which matches the system it's from, so to replace a drive the circuit board from the old drive needs to be installed into the new drive, which requires a bit of soldering.

But I'm not sure I need that anyway, since the laser and the spindle and such still work fine. Is it possible to just get a disc tray on its own? Or would I still need to buy an entire drive and rip out the disc tray from it? Can the gears be replaced? The slider piece I talked about looks like it could just pop out if I'm careful, but I'm not sure if the other gears can come off (though they may not need to as they don't appear to be damaged, but I can't know for sure with the rest of the assembly not working).

I s'pose it's a long shot, but does anyone here know anything about this?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
Good luck fixing it!

I hardly use mine, but once you get it fixed I'd be down to try out some multiplayer games.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2019, 02:47:08 PM »
I don't have very many multiplayer games. In the mean time, I have Perfect Dark and Halo Reach as digital if you have those. Hopefully Games With Gold offers some co-op games at some point soon...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2019, 12:53:26 AM »
I don't have either, but I have been meaning to buy it. Probably as good of a time as there ever will be.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2019, 06:57:35 PM »
Success! I fixed it! Drives are cheap enough that I just bought a replacement and took parts out of it, and so I replaced the disc tray and gave the insides a good cleaning, plus applied some ceramic grease to the moving parts to keep things moving smoothly. Using the replacement as a reference, I also noticed some metal pins were out of line, so I bent them back into shape.

It will probably get messed up again after some use due to the wear it's sustained, but perhaps with this knowledge I can realign it a few more times.