Poll

Do you own a Wii U?

Yes, a Deluxe Set
Yes, a Basic Set
No, but my housemate/spouse does
No, but I plan to this year
No, but I might at some point if something else I really want comes out
No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Author Topic: 2014 poll: Do you have a Wii U?  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
2014 poll: Do you have a Wii U?
« on: March 13, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »
Now that's it's had two holidays, a few more big game releases, a price drop, and a few goodies around the corner, how many people here own a Wii U? I'm curious to find out. Sometimes it feels like no one does, but other times it seems everyone does, weird as that sounds.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 poll: Do you have a Wii U?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »
All of these NWR peeps have a Wii U. One kind soul here was nice enough to create an extensive list of (almost) everyone's Nintendo Network ID. Not everyone is a forum regular, but many are.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
Hm, true. I was also curious about the breakdown of Deluxe/Basic though, and to see who still planned to get one.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »
We really aren't indicative of the General Public on all measures.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 07:39:37 PM »
We really aren't indicative of the General Public on all measures.

Bias?  What bias?
I'm pretty sure that forums on this Nintendo fansite are a fair representation of the rest of the world.
;)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
All of these NWR peeps have a Wii U. One kind soul here was nice enough to create an extensive list of (almost) everyone's Nintendo Network ID. Not everyone is a forum regular, but many are.

That is filled with lurkers and other random people who appear and post their ID's and dash. I don't consider that to be a reliable tracker of who here on the forums owns a Wii U. Plus, though that is in the Nintendo Console section, NNID is for both Wii U and 3DS.

I got a Deluxe set post-price drop with the NSM&L U bundle.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »
I might pick one up after Hyrule Warriors comes out, if a couple more games show up that interest me, but with it's current line up I am waiting for a price drop, Mario Kart doesn't interest me that much, the last one I really played was DS and I got bored with that after about a week.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 10:17:46 PM »
Got a Deluxe at Launch.  I probably would have been ok with Basic if it weren't for the fact that it only came in white (the demo unit at my local gamestop was a basic, and it already was discolored before the system was even released).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 11:48:00 PM »
That is filled with lurkers and other random people who appear and post their ID's and dash. I don't consider that to be a reliable tracker of who here on the forums owns a Wii U. Plus, though that is in the Nintendo Console section, NNID is for both Wii U and 3DS.
I mainly posted that as a joke since Mop it up, who started this thread, compiled that list herself. Still, that list is actually quite helpful for what is being asked here, especially when lurkers and randoms can just as easily vote on this poll and anonymously to boot, the exact opposite point of this thread. Mop it up posted that list on October 7, 2013, over two months before Nintendo brought Nintendo Network IDs to 3DS. As of this writing, it's unedited. That said, every Nintendo Network ID on Mop it up's list had to be created by a Wii U owner. Any forum regular should be able to look at that list and pick out all the other forum regulars (and staff). It may not have every forum regular who owns a Wii U, but it likely has most of them.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 09:55:57 AM »
Deluxe Set since launch where I picked up FIFA '13, Darksiders II, and NSMBU as well.

I've loved attempting to beat records, times, and whatnot posted by the NWRers on NFS:MW, too. Brilliant game. Most of you should know me from Miiverse for my #SmashBrosInitiative drawings.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!