Author Topic: USB Repair Program Offered to Fix Dragon Quest X Errors  (Read 872 times)

Offline Aaron Brown

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
USB Repair Program Offered to Fix Dragon Quest X Errors
« on: March 02, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »

Fix 'em up.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36728/usb-repair-program-offered-to-fix-dragon-quest-x-errors

A USB Memory Repair Program is being offered to fix errors in Dragon Quest X via the Wii Shop Channel in Japan.

It has been rolled out to fix problems with the game's installation error code DQ-100-822-X. When updating from the Internet or installing from additional packages, error messages stating there is insufficient USB memory are possible, when that may not be the case.

The program is free and only for players using the game's Wii version on the Wii U; players running the Wii U version do not need this fix.

If you need the repair, the four step process and full details can be found here.

Aaron R. Brown
Previews Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: USB Repair Program Offered to Fix Dragon Quest X Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:05:42 PM »
I do wonder if a point has been or is being planned to discontinue Dragon Quest X on the Wii to allow for a better focus on PC and Wii U. You can see the limitations of the PlayStation 3 hampering some aspects of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, either specifically to the PS3 version or to all versions. Square Enix has talked about this subject with FF14-2 with the PlayStation 4 version of the game entering its public beta test phase.

MMORPGs is a relatively new ground for consoles (keep in mind, there is a PS2 version of Final Fantasy 11), so I'm curious as to how publishers, developers, and platform holders will manage them.