Author Topic: 2013 Platinum and Gold status Choices up.  (Read 6290 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
2013 Platinum and Gold status Choices up.
« on: July 15, 2013, 06:42:08 AM »
This year getting Platinum and Gold was made a little harder but, for a lot hear that was not a problem.  For your Troubles you have your CHOICE of:

Platinum:Gold:This is the only other text on the page:
What is Elite Status? Club Nintendo members with super Coin-earning power can become Elite Status members. Earn 300 Coins between July 1st and June 30th to earn Gold Status, or 600 Coins to earn Platinum Status. Reach either of these milestones to get an exclusive FREE gift, only available to those with Elite Status.
Source: https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do 
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Platinum and Gold status Choices up.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:47:31 AM »
I wanted to seperate my opinion from the facts.

Honestly with such a poor showing this year I personally think that Platinum members should be getting all the Gold Rewards then their choice of the Platinum ones.  Notice their is absolutely nothing Wii U exclusive here.

This is Nintendo of America putting in the absolute MINIMUM amount of effort into something AGAIN.  NCL said to have this many Platinum and Gold level rewards so here ya go.  Talk about staying out of touch.  Its like they don't know what fans are really keeping them afloat.

This just feels like a spit in the face instead of a reward.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:49:08 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 07:20:55 AM »
You're complaining about a free gift. Wow. Really, Ceric?

I'm thinking Sakura Samurai.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
Hmm... I thought the prizes this year were a step up from last year, but don't totally disagree about showing little real effort.

Let's look at the good news:
  • By my count, more than half of the downloadable games haven't been offered through Club Nintendo before. Fingers crossed that those games will be available for coins in the near future.
  • CD soundtracks are something that many people have been requesting for a long time, so this might be a step in the right direction. Hopefully there will be enough interest shown that Club Nintendo offers some better soundtracks in the future. I'd still love Mario Galaxy or Skyward Sword soundtracks as a prize one day.
  • Many people thought that rumors for an impending Majora's Mask remake were quashed with Wind Waker coming out this fall. No way! Let the rumors live...
The choice wasn't automatic for me. I'd love WarioWare DIY Showcase for free after finding the DS game for a buck, but also wanted to leave a vote towards more soundtrack prizes (and a possible remake) even if I don't much care about the music from Majora's Mask.  In the end, the CD soundtrack won out.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »
You're complaining about a free gift. Wow. Really, Ceric?

I'm thinking Sakura Samurai.
The thing is these aren't "free".  They cost X amount of my time doing those surveys. Remembering to do those surveys.  If it was just the simple act of registering the games I would be inclined to agree with you but I lost 40 coins this year from Fire Emblem because my survey did not get saved.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:16:05 AM by Ceric »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
$20 Nintendo Points card for whomever wants to sell me their poster set. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 09:11:49 AM »
I lack the requisite give-a-crap to pick from the options I don't already own (which is the posters, calendar, soundtrack and WarioWare DIY). So you're picking for me. Have fun.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 09:16:31 AM »
$20 Nintendo Points card for whomever wants to sell me their poster set. :D
I may take you up on that.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »
Lemme know.  I'll PM you my mailing address, you can order it to ship directly to my house and you don't even have to re-ship it.  I'll send you the $20 code when the posters arrive. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 09:27:03 AM »
I went with the Majora's Mask Soundtrack, despite already owning it, just because the lineup this year was so poor.  I figured I might as well get an updated version of my 12 year old soundtrack CD.  The selection could have been worse (such as the pins two years ago & last year's crap), but man Nintendo of America really hasn't given a damn about the Platinum rewards since the Mario Bros. figurine set.  Hell, I can't remember the last time NoA gave a damn about the Club Nintendo rewards in general.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »
The thing is these aren't "free".  They cost X amount of my time doing those surveys. Remembering to do those surveys.  If it was just the simple act of registering the games I would be inclined to agree with you but I lost 40 coins this year from Fire Emblem because my survey did not get saved.
Just to be clear: the Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum rewards aren't free because you have to remember to do the surveys and then do them.

You've cat to be kitten me right meow. You decided to complete those surveys for a mystery prize. Stop acting like Nintendo slighted you. Just be glad you're getting something when the alternative from most companies is nothing at all.

"I DIDN'T GET THE PONY I WANTED. MY LIFE IS OVER!" People will bemoan anything these days. I propose a trade to anyone disappointed in the choices: send me your Club Nintendo reward and I'll buy and mail you a box of tissues and a Lisa Frank diary so you can express all of your feelings.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »
What's up with overly bitching/complaining in these forums. All the Microsoft and Sony fanboy really bring the morale down every single post turns into a bitching fest.  Nintendo is giving me free **** but it's just a poster so I'm going to rant.

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
I think the two platinum rewards are cool. So, of course, I only made gold status this year.

I already have Zelda DX and Super Mario Land.

Sakura Samurai got gamerankings average score of 71. Meh.

WarioWare DIY got an average score of 79... and I don't feel particularly interested in it.

I don't really want a calendar.

I don't like Smash Bros. but it looks like the best option.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »
Lemme know.  I'll PM you my mailing address, you can order it to ship directly to my house and you don't even have to re-ship it.  I'll send you the $20 code when the posters arrive. :D

If Ceric decides against it, I would be interested in this deal.  Nothing on this list is more compelling than 3DS eShop money I could use towards something I'd get better use out of.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
Adrock: I find these lacking for the effort put in.  I didn't know that expressing my opinion on a forums was grounds for harassment.  Heaven forbid that I'm not just a Sheeple.  To you they may be worth it.  To me they are not.  Not to mention having to wait till next year to receive the physical rewards.  If these are fine for you great.  To me they feel like token effort for the raw information and dedication to the company obtaining these statuses show.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 12:55:05 PM »
I have the original Nintendo Power catalog Majora's Mask soundtrack, but I went ahead and ordered this new one.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »
Both of the platinum rewards look pretty cool to me.  However, I only made gold so I'm debating between one of the downloadable Wii games and the calendar.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 06:55:55 PM »
i got the three poster set, sweet.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 10:12:30 PM »

I might take you up on that offer too, but I can't think of anything that I might want to own on the Wii U that is being released digitally....
I still have $14 stuck on the Wii side of my Wii U that I have no use for.

Could I also gift you some Wii games and you just make it an nice and easy $35.00?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
I still have something like $50 in my Wii Wallet. ;)

My offer is closed now, since Ceric has taken me up on it.  Sorry. :(
Although I'm sorta tempted to get a second Majora's Mask CD. :)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »
So, I don't think I have any interest in the platinum items, but below are the games I don't own already. 

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »
So, I don't think I have any interest in the platinum items, but below are the games I don't own already. 

Never played it either, but it has decent reviews http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/sakura-samurai-art-of-the-sword
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA