Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Life on Mira.  (Read 125499 times)

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
Re: X. Monolith Soft's Next Game.
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 01:50:52 PM »
THIS is the type of game I would consider getting a console for, any console. I will keep an eye on this one, I will be making my console purchase in January so hopefully Nintendo can impress me with more games by then.

As for the graphics comparisons thats all crap, there are Sega fans who honestly think Dreamcast looks better than Xbox, people are nuts. Perm hit it right on the nail, my parents have an HD TV and HD cable and they still watch the SD feeds for some insane reason.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Walking Simulator 2015 (Xenoblade Chronicle X)
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2015, 05:15:43 PM »
Well we had the 24 Minutes of the game in Japanese.

I haven't found a good full synopsis but:

4 Player online Quests (Note this is the same number as PSO and MonHan)
32 Player online interactions.
Mechs ala Eureka Seven (Wonder where the Gekko State is.)
April 29th Japan Launch Date
WiiU Bundle in Japan
Subdivisions.
Some sort of Resource thing.
There are 5 continents Black Steel Continent, Forgotten Canyon, Luminous Forest, Primal Wilderness, and White Tree Continent.
720p with Keyboard Support
22.7 GB and will be available in Japan with Preloading.
Looks like different text is already in English and has what the Japanese is besides.  Which setting wise makes since.

Some of it looks interesting but I need someone who know's Japanese to really weigh in.  I'm having a hard time finding good articles.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:01:55 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X. Monolith Soft's Next Game.
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »
Great thing about this game? It's not a walking simulator.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Walking Simulator 2015 (Xenoblade Chronicle X)
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »
I normally have nothing against people starting up threads I already started and am all for thread proliferation. But I can't abide this thread title.

Here's your Xenoblade Chronicles X thread: https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=41815.0

I think we can all appreciate the fact that it exists preventing this near catastrophe from happening.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2015, 07:29:52 PM »
Until there is a trailer that largest part isn't walking I stand by my statement.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »
The idea of 32 player passive online is intriguing enough to want to give it a shot.

Also, this is a game that definitely needed pre-loading.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:06 PM »
Until there is a trailer that largest part isn't walking I stand by my statement.

Try the two hours of Treehouse footage. I love how people can find everything to complain about with a great looking game.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39:22 PM »
THE SCALE! I haven't played an RPG since Skies but I am so here!

We have massive differences in the definition of the word "simulator"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:53:49 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2015, 10:01:32 AM »

Try the two hours of Treehouse footage. I love how people can find everything to complain about with a great looking game.

I love how you didn't actually read my original post.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »
Glad to see the online play confirmed, I'm now looking forward to this game.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2015, 07:01:33 PM »
Glad to see the online play confirmed, I'm now looking forward to this game.
Yeah the announcement of 4 Player Quests is probably done more about me getting this game then anything in the past.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2015, 09:29:24 PM »
4-Player quests like PSO and MonHun?!? I was already there but now I will be on day one! Just please release later this year...N3DS + amiibos are killing my first half-of-year funds for gaming.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 01:13:55 AM »
The latest trailer/nintendo direct about the game has been translated and subtitled. You have to make sure closed captioning is on. There are few grammar mistakes here and there I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNzxuly294

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »
The latest trailer/nintendo direct about the game has been translated and subtitled. You have to make sure closed captioning is on. There are few grammar mistakes here and there I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNzxuly294

Thank you kindly. It's not the best English, but it does the job.

Given how the video is titled "Over View / Field", we can expect more like it in the future. In fact, the next Over View will focus on the battle system. Judging from the timing of this video and the game's Japanese release, I suspect we'll see at least two more Over Views. I suspect the third one will detail the online multiplayer features.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2015, 07:02:12 AM »
More video and pictures.  GoNintendo compiled them into a list.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/247105-xenoblade-chronicles-x-more-videos-and-pictures

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2015, 12:07:12 PM »
Everything about this game makes it poised to be a really special event. Lets hope NOA does its job and pushes this with some great marketing.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
Everything about this game makes it poised to be a really special event. Lets hope NOA does its job and pushes this with some great marketing.
I've come to realize that it must not be NoA's Primary job.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
iYakku on youtbue has put the translation directly on top of the video. No need for turning captioning on now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjTzuqyQZlc

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2015, 03:25:22 AM »
http://xenobladex.jp/news/specialmovie/

Like clockwork, another Overview stream one month later. This one should be about the battle system.
It will be streamed on Friday, March 6th at 2200 JST. That's 0500 PST, 0800 EST.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2015, 06:17:04 PM »
Gessenkou and iYakku has done an English translation of the 2nd Over View video that focused on Battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3l9Vp62KX4

Gessenkou is a portal of translations on many of the updates on Xenoblade.jp and you can read them here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vmQ7tYhSygyO1V8STQ_N9pWGEppVJUvvHz4bCAk-hSg/pub

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2015, 07:30:06 AM »
Have I mentioned how badly I want this game? Because I do, in fact, want this game very badly.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:24 AM »
http://xenobladex.jp/news/specialmovie/index.html

Once again and for probably the final time, there will be another Xenoblade X promotional movie streaming on Apr. 10, 10 PM JST. That's Apr. 10, 9AM EDT, 6 AM PDT.

This promotional movie will focus on the Doll, the mecha of the series, and Network features.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2015, 05:59:15 PM »
Since they didn't mention this game in the Direct, I'm worried it's going to be the November release for the US. I hope it's sooner!

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2015, 12:37:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE_l9baH2w&list=WL&index=34

iYakku has uploaded a video with English subtitles for the DOLL / NETWORK promotional movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I16IarGHHg&list=WL&index=39

And subtitles for the Story trailer as well.

- - - - -
The is game is continuing to be within the middle of my expectations of a successor to Xenoblade Chronicles.

Two ongoing major concerns that I think will play out poorly:

1. The game attempting to break the MMORPG mold of tank-DPS-heal by shifting the healing to procs between party members (Soul Voice) still looks dangerous. While the battle video has shown that the Soul Voice set up will be editable for all party members, I wonder if that will be enough. I fear that having Soul Voice being the primary means of healing will be too obtuse or random to the point of frustration. Good on Monolith Soft in attempting to mix up the holy trinity of tank-dps-heal. But as observed with Dragon Age: Inquisition's shield and armor system, I don't know if Soul Voice will go over well with some players.

2. I see enough griping about the character design and animation that I think it is a huge barrier for some of the potential audience. The blank, doll-like faces and eyes haven't changed since early footage of the game. Adding to that, there appears to be no or very little lip-syncing at all during cut scenes. Finally, all the game animations, from the humans to the Dolls, have jerky transitions. These jerky transitions aren't uncommon in games such as World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, but Xenoblade X looks unfavorable when compared to Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.

Granted, the character design, look, and animation of Xenoblade Chronicles were arguably the weakest parts of that game's visuals. That Xenoblade X is not a significant improvement in this area is not outside expectations.

Still excited for this game, and I think indulging in the promotional materials has been helpful in keeping my expectations and hopes in check. Now, all I wish is that the story does not become another slaying of a God or Ancient Space Evil. It would be a pleasant change for a JRPG to end with killing some monumental, non-deity asshole.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2015, 01:45:20 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by "jerky transitions".

I have also never cared for the "holy trinity" of MMOs. Just because it makes sense to specialize in those three areas doesn't mean healers are necessary in a game. Sharla was extremely fun to build offensively after I realized that heals don't matter much in the Xenoblade combat systems.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.