Author Topic: 2D needs to make a come back...  (Read 6750 times)

Offline snorgasmo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
2D needs to make a come back...
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2003, 01:28:11 AM »
if i get a new 2D mario.. or even 2.5D mario i can die a very happy man... we should all email nintendo and be annoying and tell them we want a new 2D mario.. i mean christ, if not for gamecube at least for gba.. stop porting old marios.. make a goddamn new one.. please!
-- COMMODE7 - we write about videogames.. or something...

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2003, 02:25:07 AM »
I really want a new 2D Mario game.  It would make me wet my pants!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2003, 06:51:35 AM »
do you know how insanely realistic you can make a 2d game with prerendered sprites and prrendered backrounds?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2003, 08:14:30 AM »

do you know how insanely realistic you can make a 2d game with prerendered sprites and prrendered backrounds?
Resident Evil meets MarioTalk about crazy.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2003, 02:59:29 PM »
Just like the new Mario and Luigi RPG on GBA. They need one for GC. Which is more than just solving puzzles, but timely positioned actions.

Offline Samwise Gamgee

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2003, 08:19:24 PM »
"but I'd rather see 2d for others like metroid, mario, castlevania etc"

i think metroid converted realy well to 3D, and they are still making 2D metroid games too! zero mission looks great!

thats what they should do with mario! they have the 3D mario, but the side scroller was the game everyone loved! i want to see a mario game using the GBA hardware to its potential before we get one on a high end system!

Viewtiful joe is great! i cant remember the last time i'v been so addicted to a game! and i'm only playing a demo! the game is so simple to play, yet the way you play it is so diverse! like today, i was fighting one guy, went to slow, dodged him, gave him an upper cut, started fighting the guy beside him, the guy i upper cutted hit and knocked down the chandeleer and kills the hurting other guy for me, once i was done w/ him, i jump up in the air, and did an air combo killin the other guy!

and i know thaty there are so many other abilities that u'll be able to unlock in the final version! i cant wait, this is the best game in a long time, i think for sure should win game of the year!

but i dont think it will sell! people will dismiss this game the second they see the name! but if its advertised and people see the game in action, it will kill!
"I made a promise! A promis; Don't you leave him Samewise Gamgee, and i don't mean to, i don't mean to!"

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: 2D needs to make a come back...
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2003, 09:02:40 PM »
i actually think Viewtiful Joe is a cool name, it reminds me so much of 16bit times, but hey we will see (allthough i want to see very soon, that isn't the case)

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2003, 01:53:33 PM »
I told my friend the name, and he was like "What a f******* dumb title." Although he still likes the game because he is addicted to side scrollers.