Author Topic: Mario Party 9  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Mario Party 9
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »
Looks like a new Mario Party is coming to the Wii! I know not everyone is a fan of this series but I enjoy it and am glad there's another one coming. I'll update this post when more information is available, but for now, here is the trailer and some screens:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2011/04/mario_party9/index.html

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Party 9
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »
Count me in as someone who is excited. My hope is that with the hiatus they are going to evolve the series a bit.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:17:39 PM »
I'm glad Mario Party is back, but I kinda wish this was the the WiiU. It's one of those games that gets people to come over and play and would be a great way for people like us who will buy the WiiU in the launch window to show off to friends/family who wouldn't.

Still excited, though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
I see Daisy!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »
Havnt played since part 2, I think I will give this one a go. Those mini games sure do look fun.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »
Did anyone else pick this game up? It's pretty good overall, however... Have you ever seen something where there was just one thing wrong with it, but that thing keeps reoccurring and it brings down the whole thing? No, I'm not talking about Star Wars and Jar Jar Binks. The boards are good, the new board setup is interesting, the minigames are fun, the graphics are nice, the boss battles range from decent to awesome... but everything is woven together with a system based entirely on luck, that it makes everything up until the final moments feel pointless. This system is way more luck-based than Mario Party has ever been, to the point of absurdity.

Oh well, it's still a welcome change to the formula, and the group I payed with seemed to like it, so it should still provide some more multiplayer fun down the line.

EDIT: That's what I get for trying to be fancy with my post... weird formatting errors.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:55:34 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »
Did anyone else pick this game up? It's pretty good overall, however... Have you ever seen something where there was just one thing wrong with it, but that thing keeps reoccurring and it brings down the whole thing? No, I'm not talking about Star Wars and Jar Jar Binks. The boards are good, the new board setup is interesting, the minigames are fun, the graphics are nice, the boss battles range from decent to awesome... but everything is woven together with a system based entirely on luck, that it makes everything up until the final moments feel pointless. This system is way more luck-based than Mario Party has ever been, to the point of absurdity.

Oh well, it's still a welcome change to the formula, and the group I payed with seemed to like it, so it should still provide some more multiplayer fun down the line.

EDIT: That's what I get for trying to be fancy with my post... weird formatting errors.
Hmmm, so a change to the system that makes the whole game, outside the last part, feel entirely pointless is a welcome change.  Good to know. :)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 07:17:35 PM »
The luck part of it isn't the only change to the formula. The car is fine in concept, the board designs are good, the boss battles are a great addition, etc. The luck stuff doesn't ruin the game and it's still a turn in the right direction, the next game just needs to take these ideas and find ways to lower the luck factor. Also, being pointless doesn't mean it isn't fun, as spectacle can be fun with the right crowd. But it isn't a game that can be played competitively, not that Mario Party was ever good at this, but the luck wasn't this much in previous games.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »
I understand what you were trying to say.  I just thought it sounded funny the way it was worded. ;)