Author Topic: Problem with Planetgamecube's front page  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
Problem with Planetgamecube's front page
« on: May 07, 2003, 02:52:45 PM »
I know this is probably something wrong with my computer, which is why I didn't post it in "Tech," but everytime I try to view www.planetgamecube.com I am redirected to a lousy internet dialer...

I did a check with ad-aware, and my virus scanner... but nothing... anyone have any clue what could be doing this? It seems to only happen with PGC, just my luck -_-  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Problem with Planetgamecube's front page
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 03:12:25 PM »
Yeah, I think it's something on your computer.  There's nothing on PGC that would be doing that.  Get yourself a good pop-up killer is my only real suggestion, but it sounds to me that you've got something running on your computer that shouldn't be.  Make sure your Ad-Aware is up to date!
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
Problem with Planetgamecube's front page
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 03:32:34 PM »

Originally posted by: RickPowers
Yeah, I think it's something on your computer.  There's nothing on PGC that would be doing that.  Get yourself a good pop-up killer is my only real suggestion, but it sounds to me that you've got something running on your computer that shouldn't be.  Make sure your Ad-Aware is up to date!

I just updated my adware to the latest, and still the problem happens. Also its not a pop-up, I already have a pop-up killer, it redirects me away from PGC to a page with the dialer, which is even worse as I can't even view PGC... -_-
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE: Problem with Planetgamecube's front page
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 01:40:21 PM »
Not sure what the pages stance is on "double posting"... but this is still a issue and not being able to look at the front page of PGC is really starting to get on my nerves. I did a virus scan, and I did a check with Adaware... if anyone has any other suggestions I would be more than willing to try them out.

Thanks in advance.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk