Author Topic: 2007 First Party List  (Read 6447 times)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
2007 First Party List
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:02:30 PM »
 * Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007
* Wii Health Pack — 2007
* Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007
* Mario Party 8 - 2007
* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007
* Wii Music - 2007
* Super Mario Galaxy - 2007
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007
* Battalion Wars II - 2007
* Forever Blue - 2007
* Mario Strikers Charged - 2007
* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007
* Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007

http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html

Ummm...heck yes.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:2007 First Party List
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »
This is just for Japan. Don't hold your breath to see all those games come out worldwide this year (I'm look at you, Prime 3).

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: 2007 First Party List
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 03:15:58 PM »
* Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007

WHAT

HOW COME I HAVE NOT HEARD OF THIS TILL NOW

GOTY

YES
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »
I'm willing to bet anything that some of these will get delayed till early next year.

I can see Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and the next wave of games in the Wii series being released this year. Sadly, I see Brawl being delayed into next year (unless its true what Kojima said about the game being nearly complete).

We'll see, just don't get too excited or else you'll be severely disappointed one you learn that some of these were delayed.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Shift Key
This is just for Japan. Don't hold your breath to see all those games come out worldwide this year (I'm look at you, Prime 3).

Metroid always comes out in Region 1 first. Who cares about Europe and Australia?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »
Hmm... Nintendo: make it happen.

Also, a lot of those games won't come out in Europe 'till 2008. What will tide european gamers over till then? Will you guys have a Holiday season of Super Paper Mario and Godfather?

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »
I think Nintendo realizes it needs to make a huge splash the first year to really lock in a strong user base.

Everyone believes that Nintendo possibly can't or wouldn't release its 3 big guns this year.  

But, those three big games (Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3) are the games I most expect to make it this year.  The other games I would be skeptical of.

What people seem to forget that each one of these games is being developed by completely different development teams and that they are all most likely being polished up and completed as we speak.  We also know that Nintendo has been trying to shorten development times for their games.  Many of the games on this list have been in development before the Wii even launched, possibly several months before it launched.  

Finally, Nintendo already announced they have 45 Wii games in development right now.  This release schedule is literally just a fraction of that number.  Therefore Nintendo will have know games to save for 2008...and these games aren't small fry games but will be big name games for Nintendo...games like: Kirby, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, Mario Kart, Pikmin, and Zelda.  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 04:47:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Therefore Nintendo will have know games to save for 2008...and these games aren't small fry games but will be big name games for Nintendo...games like: Kirby, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, Mario Kart, Pikmin, and Zelda.

[fanboi]

HOLY MIYAMOTO!!! ALL THAT IN 2008?!?!?! If that happens then Nintendo's wonzors!

[/fanboi]

But seriously guys, with such a dense release list when do third parties get to release their games this Holiday season? I'm not too worried about Japan, the only third party to clear out for there is SquareSoft really, but how about American third parties?

Which month this fall will be designated "third-party-month" like March was this Spring?

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 04:55:22 PM »
Look for Brawl and Disaster next year.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 06:02:41 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Look for Brawl and Disaster next year.

No!  Not listening to you, if I can't hear you then its not true!  la la la la la, Santa is bringing it to me I just know it

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Disaster delay, paired with some type of Xenosaga release this year.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 09:00:51 PM »
Even if Brawl or MP3 were delayed until next year, that was is one heck of a lineup. My guess is that you will get 2 out of the big 3 AT LEAST, and maybe all 3 if Nintendo has them ready. This could be one interesting battle between Wii and Xbox 360 which has 3 potential blockbuster titles (Halo 3, Mass Effect and Too Human). Not sure I can say the same about PS3 though, there is nothing to get really excited for this year except maybe LBG and um Lair?  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »
Hey remember when Nintendo said Twilight Princess would come out in 2005 AND IT DID!??!

I'll believe it when I friggin see it.  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »

Originally posted by: TrueNerd
Hey remember when Nintendo said Twilight Princess would come out in 2005 AND IT DID!??!

I'll believe it when I friggin see it.
lol TP is a Wii game, it'd be pretty stupid to release a Wii game without the Wii.  
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 02:33:28 AM »
I wasn't trying to say all those games would be released in 2008.  I was giving examples of the big name titles still left to be released, so that people realize that release is doable.

I believe Nintendo realizes it must have a diverse and large release lineup THIS year more than any other year.  2007 is the year that will either make or break Nintendo Wii.  Next year will be too late because the PS3 may actually have get good games to play, and possibly Sony getting its act together.

As well in 2008 Xbox 360 may look attractive to gamers in Japan and abroad.

However, if Nintendo can release all those games in 2007 then it shows the world that Nintendo will have great variety in the exclusives available for the system.  And many of those games are in fact system sellers that can bring surges into the Wii console sales.  I know they don't need that now, because they still aren't manufacturing enough, but soon Nintendo will be...and then system sellers are important.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 03:17:32 AM »
I'm going to say this, and get lynched, but Nintendo knows exactly what they are dealing with with Too Human.  They bank rolled some of the development.  Also looking at those titles anyone else notice that their is few non-games.  No that doesn't look like a release list geared towards Japan.  That looks like a list geared towards North America and Europe.  Which I can understand.  Japan seems like a lock-down for Nintendo right now.  Time to try to expand the other markets.

Also I'm sure that Nintendo is hoping to release these big names now and they be good enough to have the staying power of SSBM.  Considering that I know for a fact that game netted Nintendo a LOT of money, it must of ran circles around all the other Cube games, having multiple titles like that with an expanded user base would sound delicious.

Personally I'm most excited to see these two:

* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007
* Battalion Wars II - 2007

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 04:41:47 AM »
Until there's a day and month adjacent to the year, I'm not throwing down any bets.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 05:50:31 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
This could be one interesting battle between Wii and Xbox 360 which has 3 potential blockbuster titles (Halo 3, Mass Effect and Too Human). Not sure I can say the same about PS3 though, there is nothing to get really excited for this year except maybe LBG and um Lair?

PS3 has Heavenly Sword, i.e. God of War with boobies and nicer more dynamic animation... and of course MGS4.

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Until there's a day and month adjacent to the year, I'm not throwing down any bets.

But what about Nintendo's recent policy of not giving hard release dates to games until the quarter of their release?

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 05:54:53 AM »
Don't forget PS3 and 360 have GTA4 coming out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 06:06:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
Don't forget PS3 and 360 have GTA4 coming out.

Well, if we're gonna start adding multiplatform releases, let's not forget Devil May Cry IV.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 06:13:00 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
This could be one interesting battle between Wii and Xbox 360 which has 3 potential blockbuster titles (Halo 3, Mass Effect and Too Human). Not sure I can say the same about PS3 though, there is nothing to get really excited for this year except maybe LBG and um Lair?

PS3 has Heavenly Sword, i.e. God of War with boobies and nicer more dynamic animation... and of course MGS4.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Heavenly Sword could be a huge bust in my opinion, already the game looks more like a graphics demo for the PS3. MGS4, we'll see if it even makes it out in 2007, I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved to next year, and more than likely go multiplatform.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 06:25:09 AM »
"But seriously guys, with such a dense release list when do third parties get to release their games this Holiday season?"

If the userbase is large enough I don't think it will matter.  The "problem" of first party games killing the third party titles seemed to only occur on consoles like the N64 or Gamecube where the userbase was small.  Notice that this problem never occured on the GBA or SNES (I'm excluding NES because Nintendo limited the amount of third party games per year) and isn't brought up with the DS.  The whole thing is just an excuse as third parties didn't give real support to the Nintendo consoles that weren't threatening the market leader, got burned, and then pointed fingers and looked for excuses rather than admit that they were the ones that f*cked up.

When the userbase is big it's more varied and different people buy different games.  It isn't like on the Cube where Nintendo fans outnumber everyong because only Nintendo fans are willing to buy such a struggling console.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 06:40:52 AM »
Heavenly Sword isn't going multiplatform because the developer has been grabbed by Sony, not sure if it was a buyout or just a publishing contract with some financing but I don't expect that game to end up on a non-sony system for a while.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 06:43:31 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Heavenly Sword isn't going multiplatform because the developer has been grabbed by Sony, not sure if it was a buyout or just a publishing contract with some financing but I don't expect that game to end up on a non-sony system for a while.

I didn't think it was, I was talking about MGS4. Heavenenly Swords does give me a "massive damage" and "giant crabs" feeling though.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 01:41:28 AM »
IOW, Dynasty Warriors? DW-like games seem to be all the rage lately since you can show off the "next-genyness" of your game with loads of enemies. Not that last gen's Earth Defence Force didn't have huge enemy numbers or Demon Chaos for the PS2 claims to have 65000 enemies onscreen at the same time (probably with one sprite representing an army since the PS2 couldn't even handle that many single-polygon objects).