Author Topic: Wiimote used during GameCube play  (Read 2523 times)

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Wiimote used during GameCube play
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:14:00 AM »
Ok, probley not that big of deal but I thought I would share my story.  I went to play a gamecube game on my Wii.  Stuck it in, and used my Wiimote to click start from the Wii menu.  The game was Lego Star Wars II in case anybody wonders.  Went to play it with a wired gamecube conroller when I glanced over and noticed that my Wii mote was turned on.  I don't know if it turned back on after the Gamecube game started or if it never turned off.  The only bad thing was I didn't try plugging in a classic controller to see if it would work.  I did try hitting all the buttons on the Wiimote and nothing happened, but!!!....I was able to hold the power button down and turn the system off (like normal).  

So this kinda proves that the blutooth wireless inside the wii isn't completely turned off during gamecube play.  I should state though that I haven't been able to achieve the same result again.
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
RE: Wiimote used during GameCube play
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:28:28 AM »
That doesn't directly mean the wii remote is "active" and that the cube hardware can see the remote.

It only means it's powered.

Offline NeoThunder

• View Profile
RE:Wiimote used during GameCube play
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:51:40 AM »
ya but I kinda thought it was as if all of the Wii hardware turned off that wasn't gamecube
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>

Offline Edfishy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 01:03:58 PM »
Although everybody would love Wiimote functionality in GameCube games, I think Nintendo's going to make sure they make some more money off of GameCube controllers for a while.

It's funny though, after playing with the Wiimote for so long I now play a game with a normal GamePad and just feel restricted, I wanna play with my Wiimote on every game now!

Offline NeoThunder

• View Profile
RE:Wiimote used during GameCube play
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 01:38:30 PM »
Well, I like playing my GameCube games with a GameCube controller, I don't think I would want it any other way.  The only thing I wish was my nice wireless Wavebird controller, had rumble....but since I love rumble in my games, gotta stay wired.
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 04:02:45 PM »
they should make an option where the wiimote nunchuck work as ful functional gamecube controller, make the camera stick the angles you hold the two (mote and chuck) in angles, i have skipped buying some vc games due to not wanting to switch controller.... its annoying imo to the  point of not playing the game all togehter.