Author Topic: When is?  (Read 4639 times)

Offline 13lue

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
When is?
« on: January 01, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »
When is a review of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the gamecube going to be up. Sadly I don't have a Wii yet. But I still want to play Twilight Princess. But not if it's worse then it's Wii counter part.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:When is?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »
It'll be up as soon as you remove the image from you sig.  

From what I hear the GameCube version is perfectly acceptable.  Check out Windy's advice from a couple mailbags ago:  Clicky.

In my opinion, I would wait for the Wii version of Twilight Princess if and only if I was going to get a Wii in the near future. If you're not going to be getting one until later 2007, you're doing yourself a great injustice by not playing Zelda. The GameCube version is going to give you pretty much the same experience as the Wii version; the story is the same, the graphics are about the same (except for no widescreen on GC), and the feeling you get while playing it should be the same. Are you sure you can go a year and not have the game spoiled for you? Don't bet on it.

Get the GameCube version of Zelda right away. Play it, enjoy it, finish it, love it. When you finally get your Wii, rent the Wii version to see what all the fuss is about. You'll probably be aching to pop Zelda in again by then.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 07:29:28 PM »
Read for devastating news:
True story: I stopped playing midway through the Water Temple. For those who have it, they'll know how far in that is. And its not good. I'd rather play Wii Sports at the moment.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: When is?
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 10:10:14 PM »
I'm approaching (not entering yet because I still haven't got a purse upgrade and I'd like one of those before going for phat loot again) the 4th dungeon right now in the GC version, aside from the camera controls being limited in comparison to WW (only two zoom levels, lots of areas with forced camera angles you cannot change) and the slower aiming which makes some enemies a pain to deal with (you can lock on but sometimes you want to snipe them from outside your lock-on range) I don't think there's much wrong with it. There's occassional slowdown but it only seems to happen in transition areas where not much is happening anyway. You only have two item slots (Midna takes up Z) but item swithing is fast enough and you don't need to switch that often. Fishing is pretty simple from what I've seen, the movements mimic what you do with the Wiimote but I haven't done much with it since I really don't care about fishing. There's no clock to show the day/night cycle which can get annoying if you want to get into some stores (some are open 24h but some are not though I've run into the wrong time annoyance only twice so far) but I think that's not version specific. BTW, claims that you can't do the spin attack without charging are wrong, just do the circle motion with the analog stick if you don't have the time to charge it. This may need some progress in the game to do, I haven't been able to pull it off at the start (though that may have been me not rolling a full circle) but it worked later on.

Granted, I haven't played the Wii version but so far the GC version seems to have no big issues. Gamespot gave it 0.1 points more than the Wii version. And Midna has her right eye visible which means you'll understand why Bill needs Gannon Banning.

BTW, with the dpad being used for item slots, what brings up the map and item screens on the Wii?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 10:46:42 PM »
Just so Shifty knows, the two temples after that one are the best in the game  Although if you don't like it thus far I guess you'll never like it.  Bastard.  

You and Ty can go die in a fire

BTW, with the dpad being used for item slots, what brings up the map and item screens on the Wii?

1 - > brings up big map
2 -> toggles screen map on and off
-  -> brings up item screen
+ -> brings up collection screen
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:55:43 AM »
Shift key: What????? Go back and finish TP, immediately, that temple is easy. j/k, just take your time if you are feeling it is that hard

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 02:51:23 AM »
The boss is annoying, though. I just kept spamming attacks (well, the proper way to damage it but I won't spoil that here) at it in the hope that some hit because I couldn't get the camera to show me where those attacks land.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 05:41:24 AM »
Zero problems with the boss.  Objective was loud and clear, and so was my view. the H2O boss, i mean
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 07:15:49 AM »
Maybe I'd have seen what I threw the bombs at had I stood on the ground when throwing them but that just got me tentacle raped, what I did was swim above his mouth and grappling all the bomb fishes nearby, after a while he entered the second phase.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 07:28:58 AM »
I used the Iron Boots and stood within the Claw Shot's range of the boss's body in phase1.  I didn't want to take my chances swimming amongst other critters.  I noticed the eyeballs travesing in the tentacles early on (Ocarina of Time reference) and tried to target them directly.  The bomb fish were decoys that took away my Claw Shot's chance of grabbing an eyeball.  I'd grab a couple bomb fish just to get them out of the way, and relocate sideways to escape the blasts and get a better view of an eyeball.  After killing about 3 eyeballs, phase1 complete.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 08:24:11 AM »
Ah, 'k, I thought you were supposed to get bombfishes into the mouth. I guess I asploded the eye accidentally. I thought you only had to hit the eye to make it spawn the fishes.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 08:41:16 AM »
I stood on the ground and killed phase one before the bomb fish even showed up.  An awesome looking boss, but WAY too easy.  That seems to be the theme in TP
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 08:56:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
Shift key: What????? Go back and finish TP, immediately, that temple is easy.

That's not the problem. The problem is that it got boring. I'll go back to it, don't worry. I'm just busy at the moment.

And I agree with KN from what I've seen of boss fights. The horseback fighting has been cool though. Thumbs up at that.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 11:58:44 PM »
I found the horseback fighting to be pretty inaccurate, hard to control and not much fun. Yes, I had to push myself to continue in the water temple as well but it's not as horrible as the equivalent dungeon in OOT (belly of Jabu Jabu).

Offline 13lue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 09:44:23 AM »
Thanks for you're help everyone.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 12:40:13 PM »
Horseback is no fun and the story drops to nothing a little over half way through.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.