Author Topic: Zelda ad at my school  (Read 3036 times)

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda ad at my school
« on: March 06, 2003, 12:16:20 PM »
In my high school's lobby, there's always these three poster things that get changed periodically, and they're always ads for something.  Since I'm never in the lobby, I don't know how long it's been there, but I saw a Zelda: Wind Waker ad there today.  It was an aerial view of like, this forest, and in the middle of all these trees was a castle with a huge tower.  at one corner of the ad, it said "YOU", all through the forest in various places it said "THEM", then at the tower of the castle it said "HER."  I thought that was so  awesome.

Last year or the year before, there was a GBA ad with a Tony Hawk game, and it said "Study hall advanced."  And back in 2000, there was a Paper Mario ad at the poster things near the gym.

It seems that Nintendo does a lot of school advertising.  Too bad the only other person I know in my school who owns a GameCube is this girl who only has 1 game (Pikmin).
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline hari

• View Profile
Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 02:21:43 PM »
At a middle school that I work at frequently, there is a Gamecube ad in the cafeteria, the one with the huge eye and a square pupil.  

Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 05:10:56 AM »

Originally posted by: matt oz

It seems that Nintendo does a lot of school advertising.  Too bad the only other person I know in my school who owns a GameCube is this girl who only has 1 game (Pikmin).

You can change that.  oz, here is your mission.  Go to everyone's house that has a PS2 or X-box.  And steal it.  Then the next day, tell them all about gamecube.  Because of suggestive selling, they will WANT a gamecube.  Since they don't have a gaming system anymore, they'll go buy a gamecube. Thus, everyone in  your school will have a gamecube.  Then you can sell their PS2's and X-box's for a hefty profit, and live happily ever after for the rest of the week.

it was time for a change.

Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 11:31:11 AM »
I really want to see that "You-Them-Her" ad

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 02:02:26 PM »

Originally posted by: matt oz
Too bad the only other person I know in my school who owns a GameCube is this girl who only has 1 game (Pikmin).

As long as she isn't drooling all over herself, that's the one to go for.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Chrono

• View Profile
Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 11:01:23 PM »

Originally posted by: The Caucasian Cubist
I really want to see that "You-Them-Her" ad

Check out the new issue of EGM (It's the April issue, and it has Link's face on it), the "you, them, her" ad is in it somewhere, though I don't have the issue in my hand so I can't check for the page number. But there should be an ad index in the back if you dont want to look through all the pages, just look at the page #'s for Nintendo ads.

Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 03:52:52 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Chrono. I picked up EGM when I was at the grocery store yesterday and saw the ad. It was pretty cool.

Offline babble

• View Profile
Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2003, 02:16:17 AM »
Well I just read EMG and didn't notice the ad, so I went back and looked again. It's on page 85.

I must say it's the only ad in this month in EMG that didn't catch my eye. It's sad. The concept is good but the artwork is bad. It's to dark and cheap. The new zelda game is a colorfull game, why don't they use an art style for the ads that looks either like the game or like the art style from the booklet? They need impact!
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Zelda ad at my school
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2003, 02:33:36 AM »
Sounds interesting that Nintendo is advertising in schools. Then again, a lot of teens make money, and they want to spend it. I don't know too many who actually want to save money. So, advertising in schools is a good way to get their product out and sold.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com