Author Topic: 1up has story about British Wii price and date  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
1up has story about British Wii price and date
« on: September 08, 2006, 10:49:47 AM »
Link

I 'm not familiar with the source they mention so I don't know how reliable this is.  November sounds about right but this is for the UK launch.  I would assume the US launch would be before that.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: 1up has story about British Wii price and date
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 10:56:03 AM »
IGN also has an article about that article.  So I'm guessing they both read MCV.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »
I don't trust 1Up at all.
They report Rumors as fact to offten, and to make matters worst they even use fan made up rumors that have no backing what so ever.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:1up has story about British Wii price and date
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 11:30:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Nintendo UK
(The claims are) only speculation, and definitely not fact. They’re not far off, but they’re definitely not right.

~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 02:33:11 PM »
With regards to Bill's post, I think that's fantastic news for us PAL gamers. The fact that a Nintendo exec has said the  details (price and date) are 'close but not right' implies that we will get Wii before the end of the year (price isn't that important to me).

The fact that the 360 and now apparently PS3 got delayed here by close to 4 months did not leave me with high hopes for an almost simultaneous NTSC - PAL launch. Especially considering Nintendo's past efforts here: N64 - US Sept 96 IIRC / AUS March 97. DS - US Nov 04 / Aus March 05.  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€