Author Topic: New Peripheral Announced by Ubisoft  (Read 4574 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
New Peripheral Announced by Ubisoft
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:30:35 PM »

IGN Wii: What can gamers expect from the racer GT Pro Series? The game seems to be exclusive to Wii. How does it use the remote to better the racing experience and what sort of features, cars and options can we expect in the finished product?

Laurent Detoc: GT Pro Series is inspired by a Japanese game that was never released here and Ubisoft is optimizing for the Wii. It will have more than 80 licensed cars, tons of tuning options and fluid drift-style controls and physics. Talk about how the Wii changes the way you play games, we're working to include an accessory in GT Pro Series that will make this game a must have. Stay tuned, literally.

I wonder what it is. Maybe some kind of wheel attachment? When I first saw the Wii-mote doing a racing game, i thought of using the mote like a shifter. (maybe that's cuz I love driving stick, and only miss automatics in traffic). Maybe they'll implement that somehow.

Oh yeah, the entire article is rather good if you'd like to take a look.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: New Peripheral Announced by Ubisoft
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
I think we all know that the attachment will be a pair of fuzzy dice...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 03:29:38 PM »
A limbless Rayman hand.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »
Radio thingy.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »
Dude! it's a water cooled tobacco pipe!

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
RE:New Peripheral Announced by Ubisoft
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 04:55:58 PM »
What if it were gloves, so you have a virtual steering wheel, and then a dock for the Wii-mote to act as the shifter, acceleration and decceleration would be controlled by your fore fingers. I don't know, but he made a pretty big statement in saying it would make this game a must have. I know he's tooting his own horn maybe, but in this day and age, not living up to a statement is video game suicide.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
I hope developers put thought into accessories they bundle with their games.  The only reason to add an attachment is if it adds to the gameplay.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 09:19:37 PM »
i definitely would love to plug the Wiimote into a slot for a gear shifter, which is connected to your steering wheel and pedals

too bad that = massive battery drainage... maybe you plug your wiimote into a hotwheels attachmenbt!
I'll shut up now...

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 10:43:38 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Dude! it's a water cooled tobacco pipe!

YES!

I was kicked out of a headie-shop twice for not replacing the word **** with "water cooled tobacco pipe."

Seriously though, that **** sucks!
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 03:14:38 AM »
he said "stay tuned, literally"

its gotta be a tool for tweaking your car parts
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:52:55 AM »
Airbrush.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 05:37:10 AM »
speaking of peripherals, who else wants a keyboard attachment? That would pwn for RTS titles
I'll shut up now...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 05:54:46 AM »
Or posting on the PGC forum. :P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 06:43:08 AM »
The one thing I DON'T WANT invading games is a Keyboard.  It is one of the major reasons I HATE Computer games.  

If a game can't be made without either the classic controller shell, or the Wii Pointer nunchuck attachmentl then I don't want it.

Seriously, the classic controller shell should be able to handle traditional games that need a more classic controller (Fighting games for example)

However, the WiiPointer should work nicely for RTS and PC type games.  Add the analog attachment and we are good to go.

The Keyboard will only be useful for surfing the net...which I will do on my computer thank you very much.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 07:06:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
The one thing I DON'T WANT invading games is a Keyboard.  It is one of the major reasons I HATE Computer games.

Ever play Animal Crossing?  You like having to keep selecting every letter (or number or other character) by moving a cursor around all day?

(I was going to say online games would benefit from a keyboard, a la Phantasy Star Online, but I guess we'd more often now be communicating via headsets instead of typing...)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 07:10:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang

If a game can't be made without either the classic controller shell, or the Wii Pointer nunchuck attachmentl then I don't want it.

The Keyboard will only be useful for surfing the net...which I will do on my computer thank you very much.
The Wii keyboard, which will be used strictly for typing, will most-likely be the DS w/ its touch screen. I personally think Nintendo should make that the only 1st party option for aquiring a keyboard.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 09:12:28 AM »
Animal Crossing is capable of using the Touch Screen DS which will be much better.

Or a virtual Keyboard or TypeWriter to be really cool and hip could pop up and you can use the WiiPointer to type.  

I just don't think it is needed.  And it isn't something that I want.  

Just my opinion.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »
To all you people that think a touch screen or pointer controlled keyboard is enough..

Have you played any online games?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 11:12:30 AM »
i just want a keyboard for the basics, like using Opera or as an option in RTS titles (just for assigning hotkeys or whatever)

or it could just be wireless, and considered to be controller 2. that way, between rounds you can set down your wiimote and pick up the keyboard.
I'll shut up now...

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 11:24:11 AM »
the Wii has USB ports, using a keyboard couldn't be any easier.....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 11:43:11 AM »
If nintendo wants a keyboard, i agree with just using the DS. The only thing is that screws people who don't own a DS (all 3 of them) because who wants to pay $120 for a keyboard? Well you get more, but for the purpose of the Wii and the game you're purchasing it for, it'll feel like you're buying a $120 keyboard.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 07:40:16 PM »

Originally posted by: MaryJane
If nintendo wants a keyboard, i agree with just using the DS. The only thing is that screws people who don't own a DS (all 3 of them) because who wants to pay $120 for a keyboard? Well you get more, but for the purpose of the Wii and the game you're purchasing it for, it'll feel like you're buying a $120 keyboard.
All I said was that as far as 1st party offering for keyboards go, Nintendo should only offer up the DS as a solution. 3rd parties on the other hand can have free range at it with keyboards and whatever crazy stuff they can think of. It would be like Nintendo throwing the scraps to the dogs, and when one of those dogs turns those scraps into a meal, Nintendo would reward them by making meal into the Official Nintendo Side Dish.

you know what I'm sayin right? Besides a keyboard woyuldn't get much support anyway unless Nintendo liscensed an official version and then made a game that used it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 07:40:02 PM »
Ubisoft's peripheral = Swiss-made penis enlarger pump. It's not my bag baby, I swear.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 10:26:13 PM »
Just make both keyboards and the DS capable of typing.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer