Author Topic: Lost Magic - New Wifi game from Nintendo?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Lost Magic - New Wifi game from Nintendo?
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:05:02 AM »
I skimmed through the site and couldn't find any mention of this game anywhere, so I thought I'd just post this here.

Over at NintendoWifi.com, there's a page for a Wifi-enabled game called Lost Magic.  Here's a little snippet from the site.

Peace in the world is challenged by a new evil force. The only hope lies with the wizard Isaac and the seven magic wands left behind by the creator. Time to experience strategy like never before!

Monsters wield unimaginable power, and you will use the stylus to unleash magic spells and command numerous squads of monsters in magical real-time strategy battles. Control your monsters using an interface similar to one PC strategy gamers have enjoyed for years.

This sounds interesting to me, but I've never been able to get into RTS games.  I might still get it because I have to start somewhere, just like I had to with Fire Emblem -- one of the best games ever!

Edit: Nevermind.  I've just checked IGN's site and the game is developed by Taito, and published by  Ubisoft.  Why is this game missing from PGC's release dates?
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Lost Magic - New Wifi game from Nintendo?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:18:01 AM »
They had an article about it on PGC recently.

And yes, it looks like quite an interesting game. I wondered how long it would take for a RTS using the stylus to emerge with online play.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Lost Magic - New Wifi game from Nintendo?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:24:22 AM »
You mean this game?  It definitely  looks like it has promise.  It remains to be seen if it will pan out.  I have my doubts Taito will be able to pull it off.  But if nothing else, I'm sure the mechanics will be stolen by someone else who will put it to good use.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:35:19 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
You mean this game?  It definitely  looks like it has promise.  It remains to be seen if it will pan out.  I have my doubts Taito will be able to pull it off.  But if nothing else, I'm sure the mechanics will be stolen by someone else who will put it to good use.

Hey be fair... Taito's been in the business for 30+ years now, they must be capable of doing something right.

Of course, the only Taito game I've bought in the past decade was a Bubble Bobble compilation for the GBA.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »
But if nothing else, I'm sure the mechanics will be stolen by someone else who will put it to good use.

Like Peter Molyneaux? Oh, wait. Then uh... How about Ocular Ink?

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
Trying to pick this one up... seems to be in short supply.  Both EB's I checked only had 2 (b/c no one preordered, I guess that's all they get) and were sold out by lunch.  I usually get games at Circuit City, but the lady there said that it wasn't in the system so they're probably not going to stock it (?!), and ironically told me to go try EB.

Any chain getting an ample number of these?

Offline Cap

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 09:02:58 AM »
this game actually looks pretty good, but i dont like the fact that there doesnt seem to be any reviews for it yet and the game has already been released.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 04:29:04 AM »
Looks like Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit City don't carry it (or at least not yet)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 09:57:46 AM »
Seen it in Media Markt today. I didn't buy it. Until I hear that the pathfinding is fixed I won't even consider it.