Author Topic: 20 games for Revolution Launch  (Read 8299 times)

Offline Magik

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:20 games for Revolution Launch
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 06:03:11 PM »

Originally posted by: jasonditz
Maybe one of Crossbeam's games will make the launch?

They don't even have a REV dev kit let alone have a game ready for launch.

As for the launch itself, I'd rather have Nintendo release 3 games instead of 6 and have the remaining 3 spaced out monthly so the attention is kept on the REV and the hype and attention continue to build.

I don't like the idea of having 6 franchises released all at once.  3 or more of those titles are bound to be over shadowed and could potentially really hurt sales.

Also, if those franchises have online capabilities, the strain it would put on their servers would be enormous.  

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
RE: 20 games for Revolution Launch
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 07:46:33 PM »
A new platform plus 20 games? Jeez my family is going to have a crappy Christmas.
"wow."

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 08:08:21 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor I don't expect MP3 to be launch title and even to some extend in the launch window, Id actually wouldn't mind to wait if they need time to fully explore the controller.

Me neither.

I think having it as a launch title would be a bad idea, considering we know that Red Steel (and possibly other FPSs) already have the FPS genre covered.

Ideally, you'd want to have as many genres covered as possible on launch but to avoid overlapping each other so as not to steal thunder.

You want platforming, racing, FPS, shooting (like top down shooters), adventure (TP?), flight, sports, fighting, RPG and maybe even a strategy game of some kind. Besides, Nintendo needs to space out the first party titles as much as possible, although I don't think it'll be as big of an issue as it was with the Cube. You can already tell that they're going to have much more 3rd party support this time around, unless Ubi's support is a bizarre anomaly and they're one of the few 3rd parties doing Rev projects.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 09:06:49 PM »
I dont think that MP 3 and Red Steel can be described as "same genre", or at least I really hope not.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 09:35:46 PM »
That's a "wait and see", but I think both of them will be using similar controls in terms of aiming and shooting and that's what the general market might think. I don't want to see either MP3 or RS lose sales because both are released at the same time.

In terms of priority, a Mario title and a SSB title would be ABSOLUTELY highest for Nintendo, IMO.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006, 09:35:59 PM »
That is true mantidor, but gamers may view them as being both FPS whether it is the right perception or not. Also I think it would be dumb for NIntendo to flood the market with a bunch of their 1st party killer app franchises at launch, that could hurt game sales.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 10:05:56 PM »

I dont think that MP 3 and Red Steel can be described as "same genre", or at least I really hope not.

Actually, I remember hearing Red Steel being described as a "first person adventure" some place...

In any case, I don't know whether to expect MP3 at launch. Normally, I wouldn't, but recently, it seems like Nintendo has been exceeding expectations a lot, so I'm kind of expecting the Rev launch to be like my wildest dreams x 100.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2006, 09:09:05 AM »
I seam to remeber saying a while back that teh rev should launch with 20 or so games and alotof peopel jumped on me saying thee woudlnt be mroe than five or so. Anywyas I seen this coming and its one mroe reason why I am expecting tthe rev to totaly kick ass also I just realised I need to start saving money for this system before its too late.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2006, 10:54:47 AM »

Originally posted by: animecyberrat
I seam to remeber saying a while back that teh rev should launch with 20 or so games and alotof peopel jumped on me saying thee woudlnt be mroe than five or so. Anywyas I seen this coming and its one mroe reason why I am expecting tthe rev to totaly kick ass also I just realised I need to start saving money for this system before its too late.

That's cause we just love jumping on you.

But back then, it didn't seem likely that the Rev would have as much support as it appears to be getting now.

Like I've said in other threads, Ubi isn't a developer which normally pushes the standards of gaming and tries out new ideas, but if even THEY are developing something which already promises to be new and different, I can't wait to see what the companies who typically produce the new and different games have brewing...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 10:48:35 PM »
Alright, i've updated the original post, there's already 20 now, and no doubt more to come.