Author Topic: Miyamoto Confirms Revolution Control for Zelda  (Read 41589 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Miyamoto Confirms Revolution Control for Zelda
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2006, 08:04:33 AM »
The media has access to more than just the released games so ragging on the Rev because of the launch games would require a deliberate choice to be negative on the Revolution. I don't recall the media ragging on any system for bad launch titles if some major titles were expected soon. I mean, look at the freaking XCircle. What did the media speak about? Exactly, DoA 4, TES4: O and Halo 3. It is possible to find supporting points for any desired position so if you see mags rag on the Revolution it's not because of anything Nintendo did, it's because they want to rag on the Revolution.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2006, 09:08:07 AM »
KDR, you've almost convinced me to go republican! Darn liberal out-of-control media!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Miyamoto Confirms Revolution Control for Zelda
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2006, 12:07:12 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering

Originally posted by: mantidor
dont think TP will be a bad game. When I said that the GC version will "suffer" because of the functionality, I mean that the standalone GC game, the one I care about, could be better if all the focus is on GC, which is obvious.

No offence, but, to me, this is a bit like reacting to the unveiling of the TP boxart with 'The box art is fantastic! This is terrible! How could Nintendo betray me like this? If they had focused more on the game and less on making good box art, the game could've been even better!'

I think it would be terrible if their effort on the rev controls is the same as the one put in a box art, and at the same, it would suck if they give them considerable time. The first case implies poor rev functionality, which would be make the press say the controller is just a gimm!ck, the second is the one that pisses me off personally, because as I said Ill rather have extra dungeons and sidequests than this remote functionality, if you were Nintendo what would you do? focus on the rev part of course, thats why Im expecting them to give the GC counterpart less importance, it makes sense for them. do they caare if the pissed off GC fans? not really.

You people have way to much hope for the controller if you think than in a couple of weeks of development the device can do wonders for games, it mostlikely takes a lot of effort andtime to exploit the controller at its best, but the results this way are of course superior.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2006, 12:26:14 PM »
Mantidor, it's said that TP as a gamecube game is basically finished. I don't see how a finished game can get neglected.

If anything, they're using this extra time to implement a Rev-controller overlay option, and to implement a lot of ideas they normally wouldn't have time to put in. Let's not forget, Retro did that MP2 controller demo in two weeks. Even with TPs added complexity, they have at least another 6 months! I'd be pretty surprised if by the end of an ambitious game project you didn't have whole list of awesome ideas you'd love to put in if only you could convince your release-date hungry publisher for more time.

In fact, this revolution forward compatibility may have been just the excuse they needed to give you those extra dungeons and added content that you yearn for. Ironically, you may be getting exactly what you want because Nintendo decided to use TP to leverage the Revolution.

In fact, I'm coming to view this as quite the win-win situation. The Rev gets a huge title that's compatible with its controller and is a big deal, and the GC game gets the luxury of extra time to get polished, get perfected, and get extra dungeons due to the release date being pushed back to coincide with the Rev.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2006, 11:23:17 PM »
KDR, you've almost convinced me to go republican! Darn liberal out-of-control media!

Huh? "I hate pink so I went with magenta"? "Sony's business practices are so evil I've decided to buy an XBox"?

The first case implies poor rev functionality, which would be make the press say the controller is just a gimm!ck

So you think any sane person would judge the Rev on an enhanced last-gen game only while completely ignoring native Rev software released and coming? Did people say "That XCircle doesn't deliver anything new, if you put in Halo 2 it looks no better than before"? The only people applying this logic will be the ones who want to bash Nintendo and if they hadn't got Zelda they'd make up something else. "You can't play traditional games on it!" "It's weaker than the XCircle and won't get a single multiplatform release!" "OMG that rod has only two buttons!" "It can only do WiFi!" "Nintendo is for kids!"

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
oh god, I have to beat this dead horse once more...

"Mantidor, it's said that TP as a gamecube game is basically finished. I don't see how a finished game can get neglected."

Jesus thats even worse! so we could have the game now but have to wait several months to get it just because they are adding the rev part? f!ck that, Ill rather have the game now without it.

"So you think any sane person would judge the Rev on an enhanced last-gen game only while completely ignoring native Rev software released and coming? "

It is the gaming press community, Ill call them anything but sane :P sorry, pgc, not you, but you have had your moments though
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »
So the only reason you're angry is because you have to wait? That's a little naive of you. More than a little, actually.

Nintendo has never been about giving you stuff when you want it, just be happy they're giving you stuff that you'll want.

~Carmine M. red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2006, 05:43:03 AM »
Its not just waiting, is waiting for something I dont want and something I wont be able to use. Then again, I think is impossible that the game was finished last year and Nintendo decided to sacrifice the christmas sales to make it a rev launch title, that would be a really dumb thing to do.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2006, 05:54:34 AM »
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a line-item-veto in buying videogames. Like congressional bills, you either buy into the whole thing, or you don't.

I can understand your disappointment and frustration, but your anger is misplaced and useless in the face of the realities of the situation.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com