Author Topic: Castlevania Double Pack  (Read 3847 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Castlevania Double Pack
« on: January 27, 2006, 02:25:20 PM »
Game Pak-
-plastic
-well built
-sturdy
-no rattle
-ultimate cool when you have it along with Dawn of Sorrow in your DS at the same time
-very boring, but very functional art design.  Well, text design, since there is no art

8/10

Manual-
-one manual for both games
- cool flip design thing, on one side is the Harmony of Dissonance manual, flip the book over and you get the Aria of Sorrow manual...
-...or so they would have you believe.  It turns out they screwed up the manual royally.  When I open up to the Aria of Sorrow side, I get the information for the opposite game, and vice versa.  This is very sloppy work Konami.
- not only that, but the manuals are exact photocopies of the originals.  That means the manual for Aria of Sorrow tells me to "insert the Aria of Sorrow game pak into your GBA" while the HoD manual tells me to insert the HoD game pak into my GBA.  In reality, there is only one game pak.  This was very confusing, for a while I thought I was missing an entire game, I even reached my hand into the toilet to find it, and then a toilet snake bit my finger off along with a very expensive ring I was holding for a friend , this is a very bad situation.
- black and white

0/10  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Castlevania Double Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 05:19:56 AM »
I can't believe you rated it so high...Are you a fanboy?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Castlevania Double Pack
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 05:23:20 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I can't believe you rated it so high...Are you a fanboy?
HE'S A PLANT

GET HIM

I open up to the Aria of Sorrow side, I get the information for the opposite game, and vice versa.

Lol, it's no Strider 2

But yeah, that manual sounds like king laziness.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:50:57 AM »
I demand more manual reviews
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 05:09:51 AM »
How about this:  All GameCube manuals fail for not having MONSTER LISTS, except for Pikmin, which had a hilarious photo of Olimar, a Pikmin, and I think a pencil or something for scale comparison.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 03:16:45 AM »
Manual report on the European version: The manual is single sided and has an index saying where you can find what manual in what language. It seems to be correct.

The rest: I already have Aria of Sorrow, I wish this was the first GBA Castlevania and HoD instead.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 12:53:43 PM »
Just bought this the other day.  I haven't even looked at the manual - that's pretty weak.  The whole thing reeks of rush job, right down to the logo selection at the start of the game.  It's like, come on, couldn't you at least put a cool opening screen in there, and maybe add something like a Castlevania timeline?
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 08:01:40 PM »
I'm more annoyed with them having splash screens before the selection and having more splash screens after the selection. Okay, so HoD needs that Konami splashscreen for the Konami code but still...