Author Topic: this forum is the best.  (Read 8490 times)

Offline RahXephon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
this forum is the best.
« on: February 19, 2003, 07:05:47 PM »
I am by NO MEANS SUCKING UP.  I have visited MANY a forums in my day but this is the only one that actually functions.  The setup is very clean, the words are very ledgible, and i have seen some forums where the background was black and the letters were bright yellow, and it is easy to sign up.
I tried to get into one foreum and for the life of me i couldn't, i had to know names of peole i never heard of and sign up for all these newsletters which i didnt want.

One question though.  Do you have a newsletter.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 07:22:38 PM »
Would you like a newsletter?  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 07:29:46 PM »
i would like one.  Since you are the best Nintendo only webpage out there, You put nIntendos site to shame, i think it would be something of value to get maybe extra spice in a newsletter.  also i believe many others would sign up for it.  
So My answer is yes, i would very much like a PGC newsletter, because unlike many sites, your stories are shorter, but much more comprehensive.  
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 05:54:43 AM »
A very very good idea. ManI thought PGC had everything .
But if u visit the site once in awileyou will now whats going on.
ANd big projects/games/events are well talked about here.
But I sometimes read overthings whichI then read in newsletters.
So yeah, Rick sign me up for the newsletter

El Pollo Diablos.
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

this forum is the best.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 09:06:28 AM »
RahXephon, you have something brown on you nose.  Would you like a tissue?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!  lmao  lol, really, just kidding, no offense.

Really though, what does the newsletter consist of?  If its just stuff from the site I don' think I need it.  I visit everyday. (oh wait, I need that tissue, I have something on my nose now.)
it was time for a change.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 11:44:36 AM »
HAHAHA
dude that made me laugh so hard.
anyway i think it could consist of the same stuff, but possible more in-depth.  
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 09:23:34 AM »
Ey Marcus ,isur name the son of the deacesed emperor in Gladiator or the old emperor himself?

El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 11:59:52 AM »
these forums are great, thanks to the input of forum members and of the hard work by the pgc crew. don't take it as flattery, I'm merely stating the obvious

one thing I think this forum could use:

when replying, have the posts below sorted in an opposite order. instead of having the first post be right below your message box, have it be the most recent post. that way, in case you're replying to the most recent post, you can easily refer to it without scrolling down past a bunch of other posts.

just an idea. perhaps this could be a customizable feature?
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2003, 09:29:53 AM »

when replying, have the posts below sorted in an opposite order. instead of having the first post be right below your message box, have it be the most recent post. that way, in case you're replying to the most recent post, you can easily refer to it without scrolling down past a bunch of other posts.
just an idea. perhaps this could be a customizable feature?

I thought it already was?
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2003, 09:51:55 AM »
nope, when I reply I see the starting post, in this case RahXephon's.

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 06:01:54 PM »
These boards are awesome! My only complaint is there aren't enough people, but what can you do about it?

EDIT:

The picture at the top of the page says "Planet Gamecube Forums." The link is to PlanetGamecube.com. It would be nice have it link to the forums home or have a second link.
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 05:04:39 PM »
that would be nice, yeg0, but there is already a Navigation bar, and the "home" link up at the top of the page.

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 06:26:43 PM »
Yah...but it is kind of small...

Avatars would be nice. There should be an option in the customize menu to turn it on and off. Then everybody is happy!
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

this forum is the best.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 04:00:36 AM »
Some of my friends call me Marcus Arillius so I don't know who its suppose to be, I just liked the name.
Avatars would make the site run A LOT slower. We don't want those.  Trust me.

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2003, 01:12:36 PM »
the pgc forums run very smoothly without avatars. keep it that way

also, glad to see you eliminated the double-posting problem. I accidentally hit the post button twice, and a window popped up saying "double posting is not allowed". major kudos!

Offline Sean

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2003, 10:41:22 AM »
I was just thinking.  What if we were brown-nosing when we complimented PGC and its forums?  What exactly would we get out of it?  The respect of the forum community?  Hahaha...I'm sure there are other and better ways of doing that.  

So, the truth is, unless we've been bad boys and girls and are about to be IP banned, then whenever one of us says something like, "Billy Berghammer is monster cool," we're actually speaking from the bottom of our silly little hearts, and not out of some ridiculous plea for free games and prizes from PGC. <<<*cough* hint!! *hack*>>>  Because again, what good would it do?*  Just a thought.

*Rick, please send free games to those who say nice things about you and these, the most blessed of forums lorded over by the most gracious and intelligent and handsome mods ever.**

**Yes, I'm secure enough in my manhood to say something like that.***

***Even though I haven't seen any of the editors except Agent Cooper.****

****Come on, it's okay for other guys to compliment other guys on their level of attractiveness.  Isn't it, mommy?

PS--Best Poster Of The Month Awards are in the works right?  ;-)  Hahaha...*ahem*
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2003, 11:35:50 AM »

Some of my friends call me Marcus Arillius so I don't know who its suppose to be, I just liked the name.

Well, you spelled it wrong, but here's some info for you.  

http://members.aol.com/Heraklit1/marcus.htm
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2003, 06:09:58 PM »
Well Sean i will tell you.  it does me no good at all to compliment the site.... none.  However, there are many members of PGC who work very hard to keep all this up and running.  If you did that wouldn't you like to know that the people  you are working for truly appreciate it.  Not everything has to be about personal gain.  Sometimes cominents liek teh ones we have given make the job more enjoyable.
When i worked at a film developing company, someone once said when they dropped of film that, "This is by far the best place to get film proccesed.  I drop everything off here.  You allways do a great job."
Now what did she have to gain from that.  Nothing really.  However, i enjoyed the job more knowing that my work was appreciated.
And i was not about to get my IP banned, the tolerance here is much better than that.  
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Sean

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2003, 06:08:39 PM »
Rah, I thought it was very clear that I was just joking about self-consciousness when being complimentary.  *cries*

;-)

In fact, if you'll check THIS POST, you'll see that I say something very close to what you're talking about in your initial post above.  See?  Don't you feel better now?  No one's on your back.  It was just me joking about something involving a thought I've had lately about how hard it is to say nice things without being taken for a suck-up or a sap.

And believe it or not, I helped moderate a videogame board once.  It's a thankless task, and a tiring one if you do it right.  Even if I hadn't done that, I'd understand.

By the way, please read my offending post again.  I'm sure you'll find it perfectly hilarious this time!  I swear!!!!*

*Okay, I make no guarantees.  

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2003, 06:41:27 PM »
i thought you were joking, but when the words start poring in my head i got put them on paper, it didn't necesarilly have to pertain to you, it was to all who call this brown nosing, and i am sure there are some.  I have this problem that when i start typing, or i get an idea going, i take it to crazy extremes, just look at what i said under the GC discussion area under M. Night making a game.  I am a philosopher and i have to analyze everything.  Sorry if you thoguth i was attacking you, i wasnt.  I was just going off on my thoughts.
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Sean

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2003, 04:45:35 AM »
Rah, good to hear.  Glad you aren't trying to kill me.

Just remember though, that a philosopher is a thinker first and a writer second, which means, as I see it, that he should think very carefully both about what people have said before him and think even more carefully about what he is going to respond with.  Philosophers are not rash and uncalculating.

Don't take offense to that, as I am not claiming you are rash and uncalculating, but I understand that sometimes thoughts rush into the old mind until it seems about to burst at the seams and that many things are better left unsaid for a time until you can get to the heart of what you want to say and say it in the best possible way.

this forum is the best.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2003, 08:42:40 AM »

Originally posted by: RickPowers

Well, you spelled it wrong, but here's some info for you.  

http://members.aol.com/Heraklit1/marcus.htm

I know.  I went to the Walters Art Gallery in Baltimore with my friend after I made my name and saw it spelled Aurelius on an exhibit there and I realized that I spelled it wrong here, but its too late now.  I don't need the information, but thanks, that was nice of you.  I'm glad its different though, its like I'm not directly copying off of the emperor, although I intended to.  Hmph.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
this forum is the best.
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2003, 10:19:02 AM »
Anyone else have a problem with the fact that Marcus Aurelius was definitely no democratic ruler, yet in Gladiator, that was his whole schtick?  I love historical inaccuracy.  Bah...

It was a fun movie, though.  Basically a really beautifully filmed wrestling match.  ;-)