Author Topic: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. End Thread.  (Read 25142 times)

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. End Thread.
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
Ravio...

Care to share some of the RaviOKCupid profiles at this point?
- Certified Ravio Inc Customer Service Field Agent

Offline Great Deku Tree

• Slingshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 08:07:58 PM »
Also, Did I have the most money of any player at the end? I wanted to be richest corpse.

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
Ravio...

Care to share some of the RaviOKCupid profiles at this point?

In just a little bit. There were not very many made. I'm going to stream some Cuphead first, try to beat the game.
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 08:16:39 PM »
Also, Did I have the most money of any player at the end? I wanted to be richest corpse.

I had 150  Via Treasure chest 10 after finding Bow Wow. Then I voted out Tingle so that is extra 60. So 210.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:24:08 PM by Agitha »
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 08:19:48 PM »
That was a really good mafia game. I was stuck as a Mafia member, which is my least favorite role, but I still played it as a good guy. Cia was a Majora suspect early on, at the end it was between her, King of Red Lions and Tingle.

It was nice to be on the Suicide Squad, Ravio somehow knew I was mafia right away, but didn't seem to care. Killing Majora was the priority. In the end I asked that Agitha be spared, but Ravio took her out and double crossed me.

BTW, I am ShyGuy

This is kinda funny.  I made an offhand comment to Ravio  that Bomber, Lynal Bow and Majora found each other early on and told each other their roles so the kills could be targeted but it seems Cia/majora wasn't in there but it was Deku Tree/ Slingshot/ShyGuy.

I was honestly thinking that there was going to be some sort of betrayal from the three on Day 6 but nothing happened. Sometimes I think the games I play in my mind are more fun than what actually happens.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:22:16 PM by Agitha »
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »

Oh yeah, you went down with 210 rupees. No one else ever cracked the 200 mark. Way to go Scrooge McDeku.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2017, 08:24:56 PM »

Oh yeah, you went down with 210 rupees. No one else ever cracked the 200 mark. Way to go Scrooge McDeku.
Are we not counting the 60 from the Tingle vote?

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »

That's why he's holding the rupee bag... 

Congrats ShyGuy on the real victory. 

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
Also, it's funny that this game has the title it does, considering which character ended up as Godfather.

Offline Dampé

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2017, 09:36:17 PM »
Thanks for hosting this game Link Link, Dampé had a blast even though he got played by almost everybody haha. I talked to basically everyone except the townies.

Best example of that is probably me sending Fi a PM titled "thoughts on Hestu I'd like your take on", or the one where I almost apologetically explained Hestu why I voted for them, or when Ravio set me up with themselves for Tinderlight Princess and it turned out that happened to everyone.

I did go out carrying the most valued of items though...

The Miiverse stamp.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2017, 10:30:05 PM »
Before we say anything else, I really want to hand it to apdude one more time. He took this game to a higher level. It was very impressive, absolutely incredible the art he made up with just about no turnaround time. Huge kudos.

And Khushrenada hosted one of the most complicated mafia games we ever had and kept it all together very well. Another congrats there. Thanks for putting up with me when I laid out all the possible scenarios with items!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »

I'd scavenged together about 240 at one point, and went Bow Wow hunting crazy on Day 6 after getting 13 players right. Managed to find three heart containers. Had one before. It was nice to have a little insurance plan, just in case there was trouble.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »
RaviOCupid profiles:

Name: Hestu
Profile Photo: O_O
About me: Lives in forest
Likes: Seeds, leaves, nuts, trees, hide-and-seek, maracas, smoking
Dislikes: Swamps, broken maracas, rocks falling on my head, cold places, losing rhythm
Brief description of a perfect date: Forest at sunset
Reasons your match should go on a date with you: Master of dancing

Profile picture for your character.

-Chicks, worms, seeds, hanging out with friends

Dislikes:- Being constantly poked by pointy sticks.

Brief description of the perfect date. :-Grabing my legs and floating down to some previously unreachable location.

Reasons why your match should go on a date with you. :

-Or else...

Side note, love the piggie dressed as a cucco.

Dearest Ravio Inc.,

Through this writing I would like to join your new dating service. I have included the required information below!

Dampé

About me: Single houseowner in a quiet, peaceful neighbourhood close to Kakariko with plenty of space for a companion to join and spend the night moongazing with. Good with kids. Nightowl. Enjoy racing. Please swipe right.

Likes: Peace and quiet. Providing rest for those in need of it. Orderly arranged patterns. The outdoors.
Dislikes: Ghosts, phantoms, wraiths, spirits, spectres, the occult, and apparitions of any kind.
Perfect date: Sleep in during the day, then arrange a candle-lit, nightly stroll through the yard, free of disturbances by meddlesome presences or destructive boys who like to pull headstones.
Character quote: "I'm not going to give up. I'll keep asking you until you say yes. That's how I courted my current wife, you know."
Reasons why your match should go on a date with you: I can provide a steady income, since I am in an economy-proof trade, no longer live with my parents, live near a bustling town, and am known for Heart-Pounding events I am willing to share with a partner.

Thank you in advance for creating a personalised RaviOKCupid account for me!
Kindest regards,
Dampé.

And...

That was the hat Cucco was going to wear after my death, because he was sure I would die before at least some other people!

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 10:54:11 PM »
In regard to the RaviOKCupid image match-ups, apdude and I thought of the pairings before anyone actually submitted a profile. Everyone in the game received my profile as a match to theirs, so if you logged in, you could see it, alive or dead.

With the match-ups, we created reasonings. For example, Agitha was paired with Moblin because his dead body was attracting bugs. Dampé was with the pair of them, mostly because there was a dead body involved.

Mipha and Navi were also an easy pair. Both of them wanted Link's attention! Maybe they could work out a scheme together.

Great Deku Tree was sad and alone because he unsubscribed from Ravio Inc's mailing list.

Cia & Dark Link just made sense together. The picture apdude featured them in was definitely funny.

Tingle always voting me got him paired up with a horse's ass. That was apdude's idea. Definitely a great one.

I said the Happy Mask Salesman and Hestu should be together. All the little Koroks wear masks! They have to be getting them from somewhere!

And of course, who else but Ravio & Cucco, making huge amounts of money and swimming around in it Scrooge-McDuck style would be a pair?

Also, in regard to Ravio's bag: In Link Between Worlds, once you buy all the items in Ravio's shop, you can investigate a bag with a picture of a rupee on it. Ravio describes the bag as containing something more important than life itself. At the end of the game Ravio trips and falls, dropping the bag and spilling its contents: It had a small handful of rupees inside.

In this game, I wanted to pretend my bag was full of rupees, but in the story, upon my death, the bag would be investigated by the voting players, or the mafia, or the killer... and then KABOOOM! Would've been a nice touch in the story.

Aside from that, I was planning on leaving a will to name Cucco my successor had I died. I got awfully close once. Khushrenada okayed it, as I wasn't intending to do anything based on spoilers. Hard to believe my initial plan was to try to make everyone think I was Khushrenada, looking to play in the game was managing!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:58:38 PM by Ravio »
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2017, 01:07:43 AM »
This roleplay thing really didn't work out for me

Offline Tingle.

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2017, 04:00:14 AM »
it was me! LUCARIO!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »
Fun Fact: The first round I guessed you and Silenced as your respective characters, and it took a little while for me to figure that out. I was so sure Stratos was Linebeck. I was wrong.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2017, 01:12:11 PM »
Apparently my sentence structure gave me away to some people.

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »
I still maintain that I played like a townie. The problem was, everyone else was playing like they were Mafia, which ironically made me stick out for trying to be a townie. Whoops.

Also, Cucco, it's too bad you and I couldn't have gotten together sooner. We really could have had lots of fun if we had! I never targeted you because I enjoyed your contributions to making this game fun. I wanted to do more of that myself but it didn't work out.

That is true.  With so many 3rd parties and potentials to die from out of nowhere, most people did try to come off as semi-trustable but possibly mafia to make it hard for the Killer or Mafia to target them.  By seeming as a possible mafia member publicly they seem usable for the Killer/Mafia.  This is the main reason I was trying to take out people on the periphery to keep me as maybe the 3 worst threat and a hard person to vote against.  I imagine it was hard to be Mafia this game as you were forced to try to keep all the different angles in check.

I was trying to also be useful to everyone and I did PM you (and Ravio) day 1 and would have been receptive to any teamup as I was just trying to cause as much chaos as possible as it made for the most fun day threads and add a bunch of noise to sift through.  Sorry I didn't follow up with you later but that would have been fun, plus we may have been able to stop Ravio together! 

I feel I was fair with giving help whenever I could as probably Agitha, Dampe, Fi and Ravio could attest to, but no one else really approached me.

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
Also, yes, a big thank-you to Khushrenada for hosting this game. I'm sure it wasn't easy and you put a lot of effort into getting it set up, not just with all the accounts but with everything else too. It was a lot of fun and I appreciate your efforts.

For those wondering about my hit choices, the first one was pretty much a random choice, after that I chose people I thought may have a role.

I was trying to also be useful to everyone and I did PM you (and Ravio) day 1 and would have been receptive to any teamup
I had actually kind of forgotten that had happened. I probably should have done more with PMs this game, but I was worried about not having the time to keep on top of all that.

I was stuck as a Mafia member, which is my least favorite role, but I still played it as a good guy.
Same here. I was really hoping for townie in this game, that way I don't feel any pressure and can just goof around.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »
The real key is to take whatever role you have and just goof around anyway.

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2017, 02:54:03 PM »
Sure, that's what I do anyway. It's just that being Mafia means I'll let my team down if my antics go against them or if I get myself voted out. A single townie matters a lot less than one Mafia.

Offline The King of Red Lions

• Spirit Flute
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
Hey all, apologies for going AWOL, but had a legitimate medical issue go down with my dad. He's been in the hospital ICU, but he is finally getting discharged. Congrats Thatguy on the massive win!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2017, 09:05:59 PM »
Thanks! That's too bad about your father. Definitely worth more of your time than this game. I'm glad he's getting better!

Now... Link Link, isn't it time you announced who was who?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2017, 09:13:30 PM »
I was Fi just to be clear.