Author Topic: Mafia LXXI: Dick Tracy. Day 7 - The End.  (Read 8857 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXI: Dick Tracy. Day 7 - The End.
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:14:27 AM »
Story Post. I never give up the dream that I will complete a story. No matter the odds against it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXI: Dick Tracy. Day 7 - The End.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 03:14:39 AM »
Announcements:

The following players have died:

Nickmitch - Townie (Death by Mafia)

That just leaves:

Stratos - Townie
TOPHATANT123 - Big Boy, the Mafia Godfather

With a 1 v 1 tie achieved, the Mafia has won the game and defeated the townies. This means the winners of Mafia LXXI are TOPHATANT123 and Stogi on a MAFIA VICTORY!

Congratulations on an improbable win!

I do apologize on the lack of energy this game. I, myself, didn't have the time I normally do or try to have when hosting a game. For me, this became a bit of a formality of just a matter of doing my duty and hosting the game to get it done and keep these games moving along and regular on the drive to 75 like I've been promoting. I recognize that doesn't lend the game a fun atmosphere and I am sorry about that but this just wasn't a good time for me and the spare time I did have I let myself get distracted with other things. It was about early November last year I tried to host the Animal Kingdom game for the first time but there was a low turnout and so it got shelved for awhile. It may be that November and December should be designated rest periods for the game since we had low sign-ups again for this game and then there wasn't that much activity with those who did sign-up.

Anyways, with the game now over, everyone can come on into this thread and make their thoughts known.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:35:18 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 03:42:09 AM »
Congratulations on an improbable win!

Improbable, you say? Consider: On Day 2, Silenced was part of the voting block that took out Stogi aka Flattop. On Day 3, Silenced then received the names of two townies selected at random that were verified as legit townies so he didn't have to wonder if maybe they were the godfather. The townies selected were Nickmitch and Stratos. Silenced then posted that information publicly on Day 3 and told everyone they were legit townies verified by him through me. I didn't think it was a smart idea but as a host I couldn't say anything. Incredibly though, TOPHATANT123 never placed a hit on them. I thought he would want to remove the verified townies from the game but he went after other targets. When he submitted the hit for Pokepal148, I thought he had just lost the game because it left the final day with 3 players, himself the godfather and the two verified legit townies. It should have been obvious what everyone's role was and a quick two townie vote against the godfather to get a majority vote and end the game in a townie win. Amazingly, that didn't happen.

I'm not sure what happened with Stratos but this is going to go down as one of the biggest Townie failures of all time and he is the one who made it possible. That is why I have always told players that no matter the situation, never give up and why I've never given up if I can help it. Something may happen to let you pull off the impossible.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 03:54:56 AM »
No hard feelings from me. :smug:

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 04:00:06 AM »
STILL BETTER THAN SAFE WORDS 11!
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 04:15:55 AM »
I legitimately thought it might have been Dasmos though because I saw him lurking around the forums even though he never actually posted. I figured he was just laying low and letting us all destroy eachother.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 08:36:38 AM »
Oh my gosh! I actually won, it's my first time being a godfather as well. I really don't know how I pulled it off.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 11:19:56 PM »
Wow, what a way to go, living to the end due to life. Don't think I have ever pulled that off. Has anyone really pulled that off? Winning while being inactive?  :Q

Well played Tophatant!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 06:02:52 PM »
I guess no one wanted to vote with the experienced mafia veteran.

Congrats, Tophatant123.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 04:28:03 AM »
Whoop, whoop! Tally another one in the win column. Tophatant, you killed it!

I'll have to look back over the game to see what happened, but as for me, I was called out the first day and I thought I responded decent enough. Silence, that lucky bastard, then made his case and I planned to write a point by point rebuttal but I simply forgot or had **** to do, I'm not sure, so it went unimpeded. Considering it was the first day there wasn't much to lose for anyone to vote for me. So yeah, dead Stogi.

What I'm curious about is if the doctor (who was the doctor?) ever stopped protecting Silenced.

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
Stevey did protect Silenced the whole time he was alive. He did his duty.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »
Congratulations TOPHATANT123!

This game had some of the worst activity so far... it's no wonder we'll soon be ending the games. I can't even tell if anyone else noticed that Nickmitch and Stratos were both confirmed townies.

With the small Mafia though, it did turn the game into more of a guessing game which may have contributed to the lower activity. One of the two Mafia was outed the first day so the whole time it was just one person and so there wasn't a factor of deducing who was working together.

That said, TOPHATANT123 did become my top suspect by day 4 because he voted for Nickmitch and not Silenced, plus some other reasons I won't divulge. Unfortunate there was nothing to be done as it would have been too risky to vote for anyone but Silenced for that day, so I decided to wait before making a case. In hindsight, I should never count on being around another day especially with the number of active players dwindling, so I should have said something anyway.

Has anyone really pulled that off? Winning while being inactive?  :Q
Yes lots of times. Non-participation is unfortunately a quite successful strategy.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »
You know, one thing I always wanted to discuss a bit further in the last Mafia game but left it alone at the time because it was a hot button issue was in regards to my Day 1 vote ruling. Silenced went on to post the following:

I can only assume you were upset I got a successful investigation so quickly that you wanted to keep things interesting. Anyone can tell that was a vote cancel.

Things worked out pretty well for you; the game was extended and Insano died.

Technically, your death was a certainty until the host decided to manufacture tension.

I left it alone at the time since I really didn't want the game to bog down in that minor controversy. However, I do want to address the fact that I did it to manufacture tension or was upset that he had a successful investigation. I've hosted games where things ended very fast with the Mafia achieving a quick victory or the Townies achieving a quick victory. Heck Mafia 12 which was meant to be a quick game ended after 1 day because of a role I put in place that could allow an instant win if that player was voted out. My Hollywood Mafia game (I wanna say 52?) was probably the greatest Townie victory since Lucario's last game. All Mafia members were eliminated in the first 3 days and only 1 townie may have died although I think all the townies did survive that game and achieved the first perfect Townie Victory. I know that a host can create a special role or envision a great strategic situation only to have it evaporate based on who is voted out or eliminated on Day 1. It comes with the game. Sometimes you get a lengthy war and sometimes it is a blow out. All you can do as host is set up the situation but the players will determine how it unfolds.

So, no, that wasn't a ploy to "save" the game or create tension. The ironic thing about it is that my ruling was actually a benefit to Silenced but he didn't see it that way. If things had gone Silenced's way on Day 1, the mafia still makes their hit on Insanolord and Silenced get's the identity of two confirmed townies. That means there are 7 possible suspects out there to be the Godfather. All his ability can do at that point is find the doctor and make it a pool of 6 suspects. Because of the additional day in having to vote out Stogi, the mafia killed Insanolord on Day 1 then killed lolmonade on Day 2 who were both townies. This meant that when Silenced gets the two confirmed townies on Day 3, there are only 6 identities left to uncover with one of them being the doctor which means it is only a pool of 5 suspects to target. It hurt the Godfather's ability to hide.

However, Silenced made it hard for himself by revealing his identity and targeting Stogi early. This kept him from being able to see who Stogi might vote for and target thereby allowing him to deduce who else may have been a townie since the mafia probably wouldn't target each other in a 2 man game. Instead, he had to hunt blindly for the godfather. As well, by revealing his role and then revealing the names of the two verified townies, it allowed the Godfather to narrow down on targets of who the doctor could be. Eliminating the doctor was the key to eliminating Silenced and maybe getting another mafia member. As it turns out, I don't think the Godfather was paying attention to all that info and was able to just successfully eliminate Stevey the Doctor in time but by doing so, Silenced's outspokenness came back to hurt him. He didn't see the downside to revealing himself on Day 1 but the truth is that it he had to rely on the Doctor being active and protecting him from that point on while hoping the mafia never eliminated the Doctor or he'd end up in the situation he did end up in. I just don't think he saw that coming and instead thought it was a result of my not eliminating Stogi Day 1 when I think there was a good chance he'd have ended up the same situation with Stogi eliminated on Day 1. Both him and the Godfather were hunting for suspects in basically the same pool and he was feeding the Godfather a lot of info by being so open about roles.

Anyways, always wanted to clarify that accusation and point out what I saw as the true problem why Silenced was later eliminated. I do like the idea of the Mafia gaining another member by hitting the detective because I think it could help silence the detective from revealing himself in order to expose a mafia member which has happened in games since Mafia 11 at least. It really sucks when you are the mafia member exposed but I guess at the same time it provides an interesting challenge to see if you can survive it and I have had some experience in being able to stave off elimination after that happens which does feel like a victory in its own way. Still, if I use that rule, I think it works best in a game like this with a low mafia count.

That concludes the main thoughts I had on Mafia 71.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 09:53:46 AM »
Or I just tried to have fun and realized this game is ****?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
I guess we'll never know. It is the mystery of the dance.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
Not very mysterious to me. I wanted to speed the game up and decided not to play 100% serious so I could try and enjoy one of these things for once. Most people told me to lighten up a bit anyways.

Ironically, by trying to have fun everyone got upset. How about that?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 01:21:30 PM »
Really? See, in the Lucario Waluigi game, you seemed to be having fun in that one and joining in a bit in the madness. With this game, you had an early gif post but after that you seemed pretty serious and then you seemed kind of miserable after Day 1 so I never saw it as you having any fun or trying to have fun. I've had times where I was upset with how things went down in a game and there have been other players who have had similar frustration. When that it happens, I found it hard to get back into the mood of playing. It seemed to be the same for you. You may have come in with the intention of having fun but it never seemed to have much of a chance to come through and the last impression is that you were frustrated.

I think this means you should try again. ;)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »
Thanks, but no thanks.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »
I'd like Silenced to play the next game, in part because he's one of the active players.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 09:57:48 PM »
That's why I wanted to let him know there are no grudges or hard feelings towards him and he can play again anytime he chooses. Sometimes, people just want a break or get disinterested as well so if he doesn't feel like participating that's his right as well.