Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1044963 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #3100 on: December 14, 2018, 02:44:29 PM »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3101 on: June 11, 2019, 08:18:17 PM »
Check out Nintendo's E3 eShop sale: https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: June 12, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »
For those on the fence for Civ 6, it is now cheaper to buy on the eShop than the owest price the physical has been. Amazon has physical for $37.25 but will charge sales tax. eShop is at like $40.37 and since I pay no sales tax there AND get the 5% gold coin kickback it ends up being less. Was planning to wait for the DLC to be confirmed or a Gold Edition to drop, but a buddy picked it up on Switch so I think I will just cave on it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: June 13, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »
Remember when one of the selling points for digital content was that it could be less expensive since you removed any physical media, shipping, or costs associated with middle-men?

And the reality: digital delivery almost always costs more, because they monopolize the market and buyers have no competition.

**feeling salty**
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3104 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:15 AM »
Part of the problem there is the middle men are still are big part of the business model. Retailers don’t want to be undercut by digital shops, so games are often priced the same. While it’s a little counter-intuitive, prices on physical games can go down below digital if there’s really poor turnover and retailers want to clear out inventory. So that is one way retail can be cheaper.

But I think the eShop sale is a good example of then digital is cheaper. I think DKC:TF still has an msrp of $60 even though you can find it for $50. But Nintendo is has it on sale for like $42 right now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: June 20, 2019, 11:25:43 PM »
Rebel Galaxy is free this week on the Epic Games PC store, but I can't seem to find our general gaming deal thread. Its sequel is coming to Switch down the road so figured it was worth a shout out for those interested in trying this one before the new one releases later this year.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3106 on: June 20, 2019, 11:46:20 PM »
In case anyone missed it, the following games have been added to the voucher system:

Pokemon Sword/Shield
Dragon Quest XI
LoZ: Link's Awakening (yeah, it's $60)
Daemon X Machina (might've been there before?)
Astral Chain

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 13, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »
Walmart has the physical version of Bloodstained on Switch down to $32.96.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: August 18, 2019, 12:41:30 AM »
I just bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 from Wal-Mart for $49.96 in store.
listed at $59.96 on their website and everywhere else I looked online

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: August 18, 2019, 05:01:11 PM »
Walmart seems to be marking down a lot of Switch stuff in store. Even Three Houses is $49.96 in store.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:03:29 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: October 18, 2019, 08:59:16 AM »
Hive Jump (Wii U) is marked down to $1 in the eShop right now.

The game didn't review particularly well, but after coming to grips with the controls it seems like a very decent little action/platformer. Plus, it's one of the rare KickStarter projects that actually saw final release on Wii U; how can you turn that down?!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: October 20, 2019, 07:47:40 PM »
Hive Jump (Wii U) is marked down to $1 in the eShop right now.

The game didn't review particularly well, but after coming to grips with the controls it seems like a very decent little action/platformer. Plus, it's one of the rare KickStarter projects that actually saw final release on Wii U; how can you turn that down?!

Eh... after playing more... well, I'm not sure this is an amazing deal or not.

I really like the concept of Hive Jump. The action should be fast and furious, and when it is the game scores pretty well by me. But there are some real technical issues in play here. The gameplay seems like it was designed for local multiplayer, but the game can barely keep up with just one player. It's also glitchy enough that you can't really count on being able to finish stages - sometimes freezing entirely, or having collision detection fail and your character suddenly being permanently stuck inside a wall or floor.

The ideas are still good, even if the implementation doesn't feel nearly polished enough.
But it's hard to truly recommend given the technical shortcomings...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3112 on: January 09, 2020, 05:18:33 PM »
Nintendo is having a New Year's sale from now until 1/16, at least in NA.  Looks like an extension of the holiday sale, but if you missed it and have enough space on your SD card, it's worth a look.  30% off some first party titles like MK8D.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: January 09, 2020, 05:34:14 PM »
I got MK8D for $30. Canadian. That's an amazing deal. (And that's about what you should pay if you'd already bought the Wii U version and DLC. Maybe even a bit less.) Talk to me when Nintendo is doing a 50% off sale on 1st party titles. Then I'd be amazed.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: January 10, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
A game I was waiting for to go on sale has done so at its best price yet. Grim Fandango for Switch is 75% off. Now that's my kind of deal.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: January 17, 2020, 02:48:22 AM »
Nintendo is having a New Year's sale from now until 1/16, at least in NA.  Looks like an extension of the holiday sale, but if you missed it and have enough space on your SD card, it's worth a look.  30% off some first party titles like MK8D.

I just bought a bunch of games in that sale just now....
My only question is, why can't I put them all in a cart an make one purchase?
Enter my CC info just ONE time? Not 5 or 6 times.... or how ever many games it was I just bought right now.... it was enough individual purchases that my card had to decline one and text me to make sure fraud wasn't happening on my card... resulting in me entering my card info 2 more times to complete the purchase.

I'm really hoping I was just missing something and Nintendo still isn't this far behind on all the little details.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: January 17, 2020, 03:08:22 AM »
One at a time has been Nintendo's handling of purchases since the Wii Shop Channel. I'm not sure if there is a reason for that technically but if you don't want to make individual purchases on your card then you can add an amount of money on your account like $50, $100 or $200. Then when you purchase games, it just subtracts from that total until you need to put more money on your account again. At least that way, your card isn't being charged each time. Only for when you want to add a new amount to your account. I think the Switch eShop allows you to make payments through Paypal as well but not sure if having a bunch of Paypal purchases at once would also cause a fraud check or not.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: January 17, 2020, 07:46:19 PM »
I'm now curious, do the shops on the other systems have a cart system where you can pay for more than one game at a time? I honestly don't know, as the only modern non-tendo system I've used is the Xbox 360 (and I'm pretty sure it's also one at a time).

Anyways yeah, Khushrenada's suggestion to add funds is a good one for not entering in data each time. I thought there was a way to save card info though I've never tried it meself as I always add in eShop funny money, so maybe not.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3118 on: January 18, 2020, 01:19:29 AM »
In case anyone missed it, the following games have been added to the voucher system:

Pokemon Sword/Shield
Dragon Quest XI
Astral Chain
I am totally out of the loop.  What is this voucher system for the Switch?

Also there is 2 games on my list which I want to get. Pokémon Shield and Astral Chain.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: January 18, 2020, 01:34:59 AM »
I'm now curious, do the shops on the other systems have a cart system where you can pay for more than one game at a time? I honestly don't know, as the only modern non-tendo system I've used is the Xbox 360 (and I'm pretty sure it's also one at a time).

Anyways yeah, Khushrenada's suggestion to add funds is a good one for not entering in data each time. I thought there was a way to save card info though I've never tried it meself as I always add in eShop funny money, so maybe not.

I don't know if other systems use a cart system or not, but I'm an Amazon shopper.... I used to throwing **** in a cart and checking it all out at once.

I was just browsing the sale, and wasn't really sure how much I needed or even intended to spend, so I didn't really want to pre-pay a Nintendo Card where the money is trapped for all eternity until I decide to use it on another eShop game.
I also didn't want to save my card info on the Nintendo eShop just incase my daughter ever decided to be crafty and go in there and start purchasing stuff.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3120 on: January 18, 2020, 09:49:35 AM »

Pokemon Sword/Shield
Dragon Quest XI
Astral Chain

Also there is 2 games on my list which I want to get. Pokémon Shield and Astral Chain.

A system where Switch Online members can get digital versions of full-priced games in packs of 2 for $100 or equivalent.

They're available to buy everywhere that isn't North America, which stopped selling them on July 31.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3121 on: January 18, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »

Pokemon Sword/Shield
Dragon Quest XI
Astral Chain

A system where Switch Online members can get digital versions of full-priced games in packs of 2 for $100 or equivalent.

They're available to buy everywhere that isn't North America, which stopped selling them on July 31.
Thanks Shaymin.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »

So frustrating they discontinued this! I'm on the verger of converting to fully digital and got a 512gb card over the holidays to do this and discovered they removed it. Hoping it comes back at some point.
My Game Collection

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #3123 on: March 01, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »
I just picked up the SNES controller joy-cons. I did not get them when they first released and I think they were unavailable for a while. Well they are back in stock.
https://store.nintendo.com/super-nintendo-entertainment-system-controller.html
You do need to be a switch online subscriber to get them.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing