Author Topic: BUNK COMCAST, I GET 80 OTA CHANNELS!  (Read 13187 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: BUNK COMCAST, I GET 80 OTA CHANNELS!
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
The ESPN thing is nice, but a lot of the sports I'd want to watch are on other channels, like NBCSN or Fox Sports 1 and 2. I wish there were an option for things like NHL GameCenter Live or MLS Live where I could get the nationally televised games on there, even if it meant paying a bit more. If I could do that and also they got rid of blackout rules I'd be perfectly happy witout cable.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
Here in Philly, there are only 2 "real" internet providers, Comcast and Verizon FiOS . And the way they snag you is if you only want internet you gotta pay 69.95/m for something solid (40/5) but for $30 more you get 180 channels and a home phone( Not bad). ITS THE MADE UP TAXES AND FEES THAT REALLY PISS ME OFF SENDING MY BILL OVER 160. 

Thinking I might go Fios. 79.99 triple play 2 years no contract.  Plus since Comcast is still using coaxial, they tend to compress the hell out of the image to some greasy, barley HD hogwash. Hockey in HD is really, really awesome  but besides the Winter Classic and the playoffs there are hardly enough games OTA to enjoy.

Comcast is a juggernaut of epic proportions in this city owning 2 teams 2 stadiums the tallest building not in New york or Chicago and soon to build another skyscraper about the size of the Chrysler building.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »
You think in what seems to be your home city all your services be cheaper so you win it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 03:03:12 PM »
You think in what seems to be your home city all your services be cheaper so you win it.

U wot m8?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 03:16:52 PM »
He was talking to Nile Boogie, who's in Philadelphia, which is where Comcast is based.

J.P. Corbran

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
So now Fios is upping the ante! some movie channels, HD-DVR, 25/25 internet, home phone AND a $400.00 Visa gift card( w/2 year contract) for $79.99. NOW that's an offer! I guess they are having a hard time getting footing here and are offering deals that are really hard to pass up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:34:50 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 02:45:23 PM »
...and thats a go ladies and gents. FioS is on the way. Can't pass up a deal this good and I Comcast picture quality is pretty bad in HD I think its a solid move. And my bill will be under 100 w/tax till 2017, when the star hip AngelsMoon will have returned by then ...I've said too much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »
I assume that doesn't include CSN Philly, though, right? That'd be a killer in that situation for me.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
I just had to rip into Comcast again over my girls new account with them....

Wrong price quoted. Charged for free installation. Charged for equipment that was "free" at pick up. Channels that brochure says were included weren't.

Hot mess.
Think I came out way better in the end, but won't know for sure till Monday.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 08:45:46 PM »
Thought I would revive this thread, not for the update of the above post, which I will update anyway, but to ask

"What is the best over the air antennae for the cheapest possible price to get?"

as far as an update on the above post. 100mbs+ internet + modem rental for $40.00 month.
I'm currently looking into the best modem/router combo (combined or separate), but no one on here  responded when I asked in the computer thread, so I'll ask again here.

what is the best Modem and/or Wifi router combo that can be had for ~$200 or less?

I did just purchase a wifi router...
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router for $90, because I needed something to expand wireless over a large house, but I could still use a new "combo" unit for my girls place as well to kock $10mo off that comcast bill.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 09:25:49 PM »

"What is the best over the air antennae for the cheapest possible price to get?"

Honestly, it kinda doesn't matter. The cheapest Walmart $20 antenna will do you fine if you live in a relatively dense area. If you feel like it, Youtube has awesome  videos on how to build you very own powerful antenna out of coat hangers and 2x4 for pretty much no effort at all. So there's that.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
ultra thin indoor antenna for < $10 is good for 80 OTA channels?

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:45 PM »
ultra thin indoor antenna for < $10 is good for 80 OTA channels?

No doubt. Long as you not in some "Digital dead zone" (40% of Philly can't get ABC OTA since the signal gets washed) you should be fine. I wouldn't spend more than 30bucks on a Antenna.

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

Link will give you an idea of the types of signal in your area and what you may need.