Author Topic: Terminator is a lie... (some T1 spoilers... can you spoil a 30-year-old movie?)  (Read 10241 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
1 & 2 are awesome.

3 was a good action movie, with lots of explosions and crazy fight scenes, but took out the whole "caring about the characters" thing that made 1 & 2 so good.

4 was... interesting.  As a movie, I enjoy watching it more than 3.  As a Terminator movie... I just don't know.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

I am opposite, I like 1 because it is the first and introduces the world so it gets a pass for being new. I enjoy 2 but what I dislike about and prefer 3 is the action and the Terminator stuff just seems more sci-fi than 1 or 2. They were good action movies but 3 was a good science fiction movie. 4 was depressing and dreary but I enjoyed that it showed more of the future world. What I hated about it was they through all the continuity out the window and said **** it lets just make the movie our way and pretend the other 3 never happened.

Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Salvation is much better than Rise of the Machines, it's not even close.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Only thing like I said that I didn't like about salvation is that arnie is only in one scene, over then that I love it.
No wimpy Connor!

also check this out the Terminator is not as good as you think!
IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLjlnoAT_ns
Made you look ****.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
I thought Salvation was awesome and Rise of the Machines was crap save for the truck scene. The entire movie felt unnecessary, like those filler Naruto episodes prior to Shippuden!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
can you spoil a 30-year-old movie?

I think that's past the statute of limitations on spoilers.

Yes you can. There are plenty of 30 year old, and much older, movies I have yet to see.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

I need to read the fine print to believe that, I am pretty sure it states somewhere that you should always use spoilers as a precaution. The only exceptions are Disney films because everybody alive has seen those, and foreign films because, who cares.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I do not understand the hate for Terminator: Salvation.  I thought it was an inspired and great idea.  To me, it was like telling the story what was happening in the future that led up to the time travel.

So you have this awesome future story, Robots vs. humans, and you see the humans are losing and they need a leader to rise.  But, also...it points to Terminators about to send their first robot to the past.  To me this was fresh and cool.

Then the idea of a robot that believes he is human...and the robots are trying to make a new type of Terminator before settling on more of a cyborg killing machine was fun. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Meh.  The thing about Terminator is that it isn't about the future war - it's always about preventing it.

Sure, you can mix up the formula and *make* it about the future war, but what made the first and second movies succeed was the triumph of the human spirit over technology gone mad.  Taking out the unstoppable killing machine with pure gumption.  You lose all that in Salvation.  There's all this crazy future technology and humans flying around in jets and hanging out in nuclear subs.

Also, the scenes of poverty and wartime desolation in 1 & 2 just seem totally mis-matched with the world we were shown in Salvation.  That was off-putting.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
T2 is one of my fave movies ever, next to Matrix 1.

I do like T1, but is hasn't aged as well as T2.

T3 was painful to watch, it's barely a good action movie, never mind Terminator movie. I have deleted it from my memory.

T4 was a decent reboot attempt, but ultimately the story was all over the place and kind of pointless in the overall scheme of things. But waaaay better than T3 of course.

T5 looks to be more T4, with hints of T2 and Sarah Connor Chronicles (which I also really liked).

Also, can we have more S.C.C please?
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
T1 is awesome.

T2 is even better but it contradicts the first film.  The first film has the time loop where the action of going back in time seems to create the very future they're trying to prevent in the first place.  T2 does away with that and the heroes seem perfectly capable of preventing judgement day.  Uh huh.  And if judgement day never happens then how does Kyle Reese go back in time to knock up Sarah Connor in the first place?  Of course the whole time loop is dumb anyway.  Despite contradicting the first movie, T2's plot makes WAY more sense.  Well they're not the first action movies to be utterly stupid when you think about them for five seconds so I really shouldn't be hard on them.  They're two of the best action films I've ever seen.

T3 was pretty forgettable.  At the time it stood out simply because it was a very 90's style R-rated action movie made in the 00's.  After Columbine it was like action movies were dead.  No one seemed to be making them so when T3 came out I was like "YEAH!  Haven't seen a movie like this for a while."  But that novelty wore off and I have no interest in seeing the film again.  It's like the Expendables.  Fun for a quick return to action movies of old but not a good movie and not one that compares well to the classics of the 80's and 90's.

I haven't seen T4.  It's PG-13.  REAL action movies are rated R.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Here you go. All you can handle!
Oui, Mon Gars!

T1 is awesome.

T3 was pretty forgettable.  At the time it stood out simply because it was a very 90's style R-rated action movie made in the 00's.  After Columbine it was like action movies were dead.  No one seemed to be making them so when T3 came out I was like "YEAH!  Haven't seen a movie like this for a while."  But that novelty wore off and I have no interest in seeing the film again.  It's like the Expendables.  Fun for a quick return to action movies of old but not a good movie and not one that compares well to the classics of the 80's and 90's.

I haven't seen T4.  It's PG-13.  REAL action movies are rated R.

There is an unrated cut of Salvation on the Blu Ray, I watched both and to be honest I can't remember what was different. I think what you described about 2 and 3 is why I actually like 3, it just shows that no matter what they do they end up creating the future they are trying to prevent. Full disclosure I used to have a crush on whatshername from when she did that TV show on MTV. I am sure that at the time that played a hand in my liking it then.

I think I also enjoyed it because it was updated and more modern the other two are just really dated, hell T1 was dated when T2 came out. Those movies didn't age well at all.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Pretty sure the unrated shows boobs - because violence is A-ok, but boobies are a no-no.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It's something about nipples.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
T2 is one of my fave movies ever, next to Matrix 1.

I do like T1, but is hasn't aged as well as T2.

T3 was painful to watch, it's barely a good action movie, never mind Terminator movie. I have deleted it from my memory.
ew matrix (watch nostaglia critic...)

T4 was a decent reboot attempt, but ultimately the story was all over the place and kind of pointless in the overall scheme of things. But waaaay better than T3 of course.

T5 looks to be more T4, with hints of T2 and Sarah Connor Chronicles (which I also really liked).

Made you look ****.