Author Topic: I have a job interview.  (Read 1240 times)

I have a job interview.
« on: March 12, 2015, 11:33:05 PM »
I began the application process to transfer from my current school to UNL the big one in Lincoln Nebraska. I decided it wouldn't hurt to go a head and call ahead to the news stations in Lincoln and see what they might have going on. Based on a quick phone conversation with the news director she already asked me to come in for an interview and told me she already has a position in mind, full-time, that I would be perfect for. If I get this it means I will be moving sooner than I originally planned but a full-time job is a very tempting offer.

My current job is about two hours from Lincoln so in order to conduct and interview I will have to schedule some time to drive over there on one of my days off.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: I have a job interview.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 01:01:29 AM »
I love the feeling of getting a new job and just knowing the person in charge of hiring you instantly has a good feeling about you. Sounds like they already like you. Good luck!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 10:13:48 PM »
Just started my new gig last week and new job feelings are awesome!

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 11:21:05 PM »
Well it didn't work out exactly. I decided to wait until August to leave so I had to turn down the job and stay here. I will apply again over the summer when it gets closer to the moving date. I just didn't think I could make it work right now I need to get school settled first. The good news in all this is we had one guy up and quite in the production department so that means I get to pick up some of his shifts for the time being until they replace him. I also spoke with my summer employer about returning this season and they put me on the roster so I will be back to doing the wedding thing starting in May so I should be able to save up money for my big move hopefully.

Trying to be a better person, honest.