Author Topic: What is your favorite beer?  (Read 5055 times)

What is your favorite beer?
« on: March 07, 2015, 10:38:59 PM »
If you have a favorite please share. I am going to start drinking and I need to decide what beer to devote myself to. I have had a Mountain Dew addition since I was about 7 years old so I am finally ready to try something different.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: What is your favorite beer?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 11:31:04 PM »
I'm 29 now, and I must admit that I don't care for the taste of alcohol. I also don't care for the taste of chocolate. I'm just weird that way!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:09:54 AM »
I'm 29 now, and I must admit that I don't care for the taste of alcohol. I also don't care for the taste of chocolate. I'm just weird that way!

I hardly ever drink I hate the taste but I also hate the after effects. Chocolate I am okay without I don't hate it but I am not a big fan to be honest. I like chocolate milk but that is weird in itself because I don't care much for milk either.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »
The only beer you need is my home-brew; Dan Draught.

Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 06:43:53 AM »

My beverage of choice.  2 of these badboys per week.  Straight out of the bottle.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »
My favorite's Stone Brewing Company's Ruination, but that's probably not a good place to start for someone who's never had any beer before.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »
Red Racer IPA is my current fave. I also like a Guinness now and then.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 07:48:49 PM »
There's so much crappy beer out there. I honestly can't understand how anyone could every drink a Guinness.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 08:40:31 PM »
I've been repeatedly told the Guinness in Ireland is amazing, but all the Guinness I've ever had in America (which is brewed in Canada, just so they can legally call it imported) has been awful. I'm not a big stout guy in general, but I enjoy one now and then, and there are tons of better ones than that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 11:20:26 PM »
The only beers I have ever tried were Bud Light because that is what everyone I know drinks, and Corona because I lived in a town with a lot of hispanics who drank mostly Corona. I didn't care for Corona but I could get through Bud Light okay if I was in a drinking mood.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »
Diet root beer.

I'm a diabetic with a family history of alcohol problems and all of the beer I've tried tastes like something I flush.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 08:44:27 AM »
I like Guinness quite a bit, but I didn't like it when I was younger.  A lot of dark beers are heavy or have a bitter taste, so you may want to just give one a shot sometime to see if it meets your tastes.

Most people like the Bud Lights of the world because despite the counter-culture, it's light, has a fairly innofensive taste, and is easy to drink.  If you like that and you're in the right region of the U.S., Id suggest giving Yuengling a try.  I've only seen it in the east coast, though, couldn't find it when I lived in Illinois.

If you want more lighter  beers, I'd suggest looking into Leinenkugel beers, usually pretty light and have various brews that are very flavorful, some almost don't taste like beer if you don't typically like the taste of beer.

I'd personally avoid something like Heineken.  They often taste a little "skunky", for a lack of a better word.  I've been told it's partially because they ship in Green bottles, and if they sit in the sun/heat too long, it'll penetrate the glass & affect the flavor of the beer, although I don't know if that's 100% true.

Beer is something where you'll realistically have to give a few a shot and learn.  Your tastes may change over time as well.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
Corona is not beer, it is piss and water mixed together. I don't even see the point in drinking it at all, you seriously may as well just drink water or even O'Douls (do they still make that?) or something. By drinking Corona you're saying "I don't like beer and I don't want to get drunk anyway."

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 11:42:18 AM »
Corona is not beer, it is piss and water mixed together. I don't even see the point in drinking it at all, you seriously may as well just drink water or even O'Douls (do they still make that?) or something. By drinking Corona you're saying "I don't like beer and I don't want to get drunk anyway."
They do make O'Douls still.  Saw it recently at the grocery store.

There are more offensive beers than Corona, especially when adding a bit of Lime, which is why you see Budweiser knocking it off with their Bud Light Lime.  Not personally a fan of it, but I would tolerate one if it was offered to me at a Barbecue on a hot day.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
This is the best beer. Sorry for the crap quality, but SNL sucks and won't put their good stuff on YouTube.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 10:07:06 PM »
Sam Adams is awesome beer and Yuenglings is even better than that! I don't know if it taste better since its a local brewery   but it is very good (if they sell it near you). I also like Bud Light Platinum on the "get it anywhere and cheap tip. For the Non-beer/Corona drinkers (carbonated cow piss) try some Red's Apple Ale or it Strawberry variant. It's not as girly as drinking a wine cooler and you can enjoy it with most dinner foods.

I used to be a fancy beer guy. The greatest gift I ever got was a "beers of the month membership" 6 months of the UPS man dropping off a case of 12beers for micro breweries from around the country. He was my best friend and the closest thing I felt to the ice cream truck coming down the block.

Also, "BEER WEEK" in Philly is about as good as beer festivals gets...wait, I've never been to a beer festival so I( wouldn't know...but I like BEER WEEK!

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »
The only beer you need is my home-brew; Dan Draught.

I'll bite, send me a 6-pack!

Offline iandemel

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 07:22:42 AM »
Love polish beer, coz well I am Polish :P. Tyskie, Lech, Zywiec, Warka..etc

But when in doubt, can't go wrong with guinness.

Offline iandemel

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 07:23:35 AM »
Love polish beer, coz well I am Polish :P. Tyskie, Lech, Zywiec, Warka..etc

But when in doubt, can't go wrong with guinness.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 08:06:36 AM »
Right now its Awatar IPA and the Atwater Vanilla Java Bean flavor. I also enjoy shorts beer company and Arcadia Bay. Any Michigan Beer I typically like.

For when I have company over I tend to buy a case of PBR for them to drink instead of my expensive craft beers.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70