Author Topic: Got a new Job and my Old Job Retroactively Docked me 3 PTO days  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Got a new Job and my Old Job Retroactively Docked me 3 PTO days
« on: February 27, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »
Which was $502 of pay.  The literally went into my time card and put PTO days on 3 of the days I worked the last week I was there.  So not only are they screwing me out of 3 Days of pay they are also making me a criminal for working without pay those 3 days.

I bent over backwards trying to make for a smooth transition from the company and they just stabbed me in the back.  They know I don't have the money for a lawyer so I have no recourse.  I should have not transferred any of my knowledge or helped with anything.

I worked there for 5 Years.  Over 4 different Managers.  Lack of Funding.  I kept that place running without the resources I actually needed.  IT = being Screwed.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Got a new Job and my Old Job Retroactively Docked me 3 PTO days
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 06:34:33 PM »
report it to the labor board?

I'm sure there is someone you can tell it to that wouldn't require you to get a lawyer or go to court.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »
Didn't think about that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:55:58 PM »
Which place of business?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:15 PM »
What BNM said.  This isn't a lawyer issue.  This is what you pay taxes for.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »
wow, shady as ****. 

There has to be some recourse for this….You should post this on Reddit, there are enough people there thirsty for social justice where someone with actual knowledge might bubble to the top with worthwhile advice.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this grief, I can't imagine being in that scenario.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:45:48 PM »
It's not shady, it's completely illegal.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 10:18:26 PM »
Yep, time to contact: http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 12:38:53 AM »
Its a new job and not a new position at the same company right? I would hate for you to
"**** where you eat". The BS you have to put up with in the IT world is wondrous. I installed a network, fixed cameras and worked for free many a day at my old gig and couldn't even ask for a reference for the job I start on Monday. It's the expectation and assumption that "everything with a cord" falls into the IT DEPT's box that really gets me but at least we can still find work.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »
IT is a ridiculously thankless task.

The amount of times i've told clients and management (especially recently) that things are going smoothly not because "it just works" because i have been keeping an eye on it and working to stop YOU being inconvenienced is increasing almost hourly.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:34 AM »
Yeah,
We did are Annual Corporate get together yesterday for my new job and it was pretty obvious there was no way for IT to get recognition for being the backbone of the company.

Heck, I've been told that my current manager hasn't approved training for over a year and there is a budget specifically for that.  There is this mentality in IT Managers that they need to save the company ridiculously low amounts of money when you think about it instead of getting the job done.  I could be trained on something or spend over a week trying to figure it out.  Ultimately the company will pay more for that week than just sending me off to training.  I also like that my CIO is telling us to spend 20% of our time innovating and my manager like "Heck No am I going to let you spend and hour and 36 minutes a day innovating."

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 12:23:49 PM »
2 weeks ago i was working on 4 computers at once. Two required encryption (one of which was 100+ miles away and if i fucked it up i would have to send it in at our cost and restart the process), one required a setup for another client and a fourth required tinkering for use on Office 365 and learning how it works.

At the end of it, i was told by management i spent too long doing it. If doing four at once is "too long" then imagine how much time i would have taken doing them individually?

I left my headphones on for the entire three days i was working on it - the universal symbol of I AM BUSY GO AWAY - just to tell everyone not to interrupt.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 09:56:55 PM »
So Ceric, any updates here?

get your money due to you? filed the complaint? any resolution at all?