Author Topic: Post your favorite Wii U games  (Read 7558 times)

Post your favorite Wii U games
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »
Keep it simple post a list of your favorite Wii U games, offer as much or little information as you like about them, why you like said game, why others would/should too. Lets try to shift the focus from all the negative to something a little positive for once. You don't have to do a top 25 list or anything like that just list all the Wii U games that make you glad you own the system.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Post your favorite Wii U games
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:23:34 PM »
WONDERFUL 101: is reason enough to own the system. This ain't even a joke.

Zombiu : Underrated by people who play to much Call of Duty

Lego City:   sPretty much Gta with legos and FUNNY, like legit FUNNY.

MARIO KART 8:  Best game in the series with a Teraton of replay value(DLC IS JUST Bonus Time)

I'll leave the eShop games to other because if I start talking about Shovel Knight.....

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
Wonderful 101
Monter Hunter 3 U
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »
FIFA '13
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Need For Speed: Most Wanted U
Lego City Undercover
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 02:55:08 PM »
Super Mario 3D World - The best EAD Tokyo Mario game yet and maybe my favorite game ever.

New Super Mario Bros. U - Don't ignore this just because it's yet another NSMB game, they've finally reached a level of quality on par with Mario 3 and World.

Pikmin 3 - It's Pikmin. That's all you should need to know.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - One of the best 2D platformers I've ever played, and without motion controls (unless you want them).

ZombiU - Basically Dark Souls but with zombies, one of the best uses of the GamePad so far.

FIFA 13/Madden NFL 13 - They're out of date now, but they make fantastic use of the GamePad and make me really sad we're never going to see second iterations of them.

I feel like I'm forgetting some; I may post more when I'm in front of my Wii U.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »
I'll let you know when I find one. Hopefully soon!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
I basically only have 3 games, but I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Super Mario 3D World: The creativity in this game is unparalleled and the level design is absolutely fantastic. Loads of variations too, but not really any big open levels to explore, which is a shame. Not quite on par with the Galaxy games, but really what is?

Mario Kart 8: It's the best Mario Kart yet. Character selection is lacking a bit, I mean what's with no Diddy and Birdo? The new tracks are fantastic, the retro ones are good, but I think all of the best ones have been taken by now. Last, but not least, the game is gorgeous. Mario Karts have always looked pretty horrible, but not this one. It's brimming with character and charm.

I've also quite liked playing a lot Beerio Kart with my housemates. I can't believe I only just discovered this game!

Wind Waker HD: What can I say, it's my favourite Zelda game in glorious HD. Probably the last Zelda that needed a HD remake, because the original is still absolutely gorgeous. Still I bought it because it's just another chance to play through this masterpiece.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
Super Mario 3D World
Floaty Peach. Thanks, Nintendo. That's was all I wanted yet the rest of the game was amazing.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Fixed the two worst parts of the game: constantly changing wind directions and the Triforce fetch quest. If I'm nitpicking, they could have added a dungeon or two. Jabun just gives you Nayru's Pearl. Nintendo had a chance to fix that, but decided against it. Still great though.

ZombiU
A great launch title. It effectively uses the GamePad. The game is a little light on content though.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »

Two games stand out to me as "system sellers", although one of those games is admittedly not going to appeal to everyone:

Super Mario 3D World - Count me in for the love-fest. This game was simply a joy to play through and marks the first time I've actually chased that elusive 100% mark since Mario moved into the third dimension. The Mario Galaxy games were good, but (for me) 3D World completely overshadows them.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - If you've played Tri to death on Wii, this game won't blow you away... but the additions and improvements are significant. Also the rare case of a game with excellent online features that is available on (and exclusive to) a Nintendo console.

That said, the game I'm most excited about is yet to be released. Terribly excited about the Xenoblade sequel in 2015.   ;D
NNID: ejamer

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, NSMBU, Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3. In that order.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »
Super Smash Bros.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 01:34:29 AM »
To mention a few not yet listed, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Nano Assault Neo and Stick it to the Man.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:36:49 AM by ShyGuy »

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
nobody liked that Sonic game that was released or Rayman Legends?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »
I'm interested in the Sonic game and I'll try to pick it up the next time its on sale.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 04:56:26 PM »
nobody liked that Sonic game that was released or Rayman Legends?

Rayman Legends was high on my want list.. but by the time it came out some of the impact was lost and the other games I listed just ended up being more impressive to me.  I like the game and recommend people try it, but it didn't end up being my favorite by a long shot.
NNID: ejamer

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
OK . Since nobody seems to wanna say it. Shovel Knight might be Game of the Year. Its so freakin awesome!

"it is so choice, if you have the means I highly recommend picking one up"

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
is Shovel Knight Wii U exclusive or can I get it on Steam or PSN? Looks like it is on Steam so I am covered there.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:26:25 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 08:42:17 PM »
I think it's on just about everything. I have it on 3DS myself.

J.P. Corbran

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
WiiU, 3DS and Steam. Since it sold like gangbusters, PSN and XBoxLive later on in 2015. I haven't hyped a game up like this on NWR since World Of Goo back in the day. $14.99  is a steal.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
The game got so much hype and acclaim that I actually played it instead of just buying it and then playing FIFA again.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 04:10:33 AM »
OK . Since nobody seems to wanna say it. Shovel Knight might be Game of the Year. Its so freakin awesome!

"it is so choice, if you have the means I highly recommend picking one up"

God I want to play this too badly! Still waiting on an Australian release.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Toki Tori 2+

"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 12:33:40 AM »
So far I'd have to say Mass Effect 3.  Not a Wii U exclusive but wow, this game drew in me unlike basically any game in the past 5 years or so.  The last game to get me hooked as much as ME3 was probably 999.  I've only owned Nintendo systems so this was my first time playing a game in the series.  I'm not generally a big fan of shooting games (partially because I'm bad at them) but I enjoyed the mix of shooting and special powers in this game, I was impressed by how massive the universe of the game was and the detail that went into it, and the story was generally really good, though it did get a little bizarre at times.  Using the gamepad screen as a map isn't revolutionary but it was really helpful and I wouldn't have wanted to play the game without it.  If you haven't played any of the games in the series, I highly recommend it, the way they briefly covered the events of the previous two games in the intro was good enough to have an idea of what's going on without having to play the previous games and it can be found cheaply, I got it from Amazon for around $10.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 02:44:11 AM »
Gee, this is actually a rather tall order, but it's not due to a lack of options! My favourite release so far would have to be Super Mario 3D World, as it was an absolute blast from start to finish. NSMBU, NSLU, and DKC Tropical Freeze are terrific platformers, and I've enjoyed Mario Kart 8 and Need for Speed Most Wanted U greatly as well. Pikmin 3, Batman: Arkham City, and The Wonderful 101 were also quite enjoyable.

On the eShop, the NES Remix series, Shovel Knight, Guacamelee and Ducktales Remastered were big hits with me. I'm very eager to play several games which I already own but have yet to begin, such as Darksiders II, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut, Batman: Arkham Origins, Lego City: Undercover, Rayman Legends, and Zombii U.

There's also plenty to look forward to in the next 12 months as well!