Author Topic: Mortal Kombat X!  (Read 11459 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Kombat X!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »
I've been out of the loop in this series since MK4....can anyone give a brief rundown of the gameplay changes since then?  I don't care about the story as much, since most fighter stories are garbage.

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
I've been out of the loop in this series since MK4....can anyone give a brief rundown of the gameplay changes since then?  I don't care about the story as much, since most fighter stories are garbage.

Mk 4 was just MK3 in 3D. Deadly alliance was a real proper 3D game that gave every fighter 3 combat styles, two hand to hand and one weapon. Deception kind of narrowed that down a bit and Armageddon was just MK Trilogy in 3D using the Deception game engine it was okay but not great. MK 9 was like SF4 it was 2D fighter like classic MK but rendered using polygons. MK vs DC was more like a traditional 3D fighter in a lot of ways.

Also the fighters moves have grown more intense, somewhat customizable in some instances, and the gore is far more intense now than ever before.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »
Mortal Kombat (9) is the best in the series, realistically, but nostalgically MKII is the best. This one looks awesome.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »
Don't discount MK9's story.It was great, full of fanservice for fans of MK from 90s -- story basically starts like a movie and goes through many familiar characters. Basically -- if a character was in any of the first three games, he/she is in MK9.

Gameplay wise -- it now works on 4 buttons instead 6. Now it's basically Tekken button layout. No run button, but you can press forward twice and do dash. Not everyone has roundhouse kicks.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 10:01:26 PM »
I agree the story has always been one of the strengths in this franchise especially compared to other fighters, the game play has been all over the damn place though. The gore and the story is what keeps the series going. Also by now there is some nostalgia mixed in but the games have always had a great, well developed story with a rich mythology and deep motivations for their characters, not all of them but they do have an actual mythology something most fighting games lack.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »
Yeah some of the fatalities are really really vile. But also hilarious in terms "yep, they went there".

Thankfully story mode doesn't have fatalities.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EROmqidZQc

Goro is pre-order exclusive character.

I knew this kind of **** would happen. WB always does stupid obnoxious DLC crap like this.

Never, ever, ever buy their fighting games day one and always wait for "GOTY" editions with everything in.

I am still moderately hyped to play the game itself sometime in 2016...

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 10:28:21 PM »
You go ahead and wait another year I will get mine day one and if they do a game of the year edition so what I don't buy DLC anyways.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 11:04:38 PM »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »
WB keeps pushing their DLC feces.

Now new Batman has 40$ season pass before the game is even out. Obviously we don't actually what have they cut from the main game to sell us piecemeal so it's a complete scam as all pre-release DLCs are.

At this point i am gonna stop even waiting for GOTY editions and start waiting for Humble Bundle editions and set donation bar to 0 to WB.