Author Topic: Waluigi, We Hardly Knew Ye  (Read 16915 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Waluigi, We Hardly Knew Ye
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
they haven't done Wario Bros yet? I could have sworn they did. I would love a Waluigi game, something where you got to be a dick to get anywhere. Something like torturing sheep or something. In a lot of games you run into npc characters and you have to help them, but in a Waluigi game your goal would be to make the situation worse.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:26:56 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MarioKart7

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »
I dislike Waluigi so I dont care/mind if he is not in MK7

Offline hck

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 01:55:17 AM »

Wario made more sense because you turn an M upside down and it becomes W. But there is no M in Luigi, so I never really agreed with the Waluigi name. Maybe they should have just had his name spelled backwards or something, to make him like a backwards Luigi. Have him named Igiul or something.

I'm not sure if he can really be considered part of the Nintendo canon anyway since it was Camelot and not Miyamoto or whoever who invented him.

Wario and Waluigi have the "wa" in their names because in Japanese, "warui" means bad.  Thus "Wario" = "Bad Mario"

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:42 AM »
Why did you die Waluigi! Why did you leave us in this time of Kart Racing. You were the best quirky sidekick villain ever! I will miss you in Mario 3D Kart...

He's never really dead, so long as we find a way to remember him.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 02:59:25 AM »
When Waluigi was first introduced, I did think it was rather silly but thinking about it later, it made sense to me that a mirror version of Mario (Wario) should have a brother also. Personally, I firmly in the Waluigi camp and try to use him as much as possible in any games he is in as long as it isn't a big handicap.

When I play with my friends, we all know Waluigi is my guy. Believe it or not, it is the voice that sells me on the character same reason I dislike Luigi. Waluigi has a dishonest sound to his voice. He reminds me of a cliche 1930's gangster - "Wahhh. The coppers got nothin' on me, see? I gave them the ring around the rosie and flatfooted it to Chicago. Waaaaah."

I love his "You Lousy" taunt in Mario Party games. So perfect to use when another player has just acquired a star and the shimmering sound effects have just ended. I love to use that brief silent to voice my displeasure at the current turn of events with a "You Lousy" being all you can here.

Camelot seems to have the most fun with him. In their opening videos for their Mario Sports games, Waluigi always has gets the best gags. The Toadstool Tour opening video where he has an easy putt and keeps missing and his reaction ("Wah, I hate this game!") is a true to life experience we can all relate to. In the Mario Party games, Hudson seemed to catch on to this and gave him some great showboating poses for when he wins his Mini-game battles. He also seems to be the most upset at losing than any other competitor. I love that competative spirit he displays.

As someone else posted, he has a smarmy quality to him. I think it's the mustache. You can easily get a bumbling Inspector Closeau vibe with him as well as that Snidely Whiplash feel of villainy. Waluigi looks like the kind of guy that would sell out his mother to save himself. The kind of guy that the Police threaten in a back alley to get info from and then, after getting the info, they throw him in the slammer anyways because they just don't like him. A small-town with much grander aspirations he cannot fill no matter how much he tries.

Plus, he was the villain for Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix's story. So, he has some legitimacy to being included regularly in with the other Mario Cast.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 01:44:49 PM »
The feature has been updated with a story by Andrew Brown about how he pranked the world into believing that Waluigi was in Super Mario 64 DS:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/28610
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »
I hope everyone longing for some facetime with Waluigi is planning on picking Fortune Street.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
I hope everyone longing for some facetime with Waluigi is planning on picking Fortune Street.

He's in Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics, and I mentioned this at the end of this feature.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »
I saw that you did, I was just posting a pic of him in Fortune Street because I read some good impressions about the game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »
Wow, I'm surprised I don't recall hearing about that Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS prank. That seems like something I would have caught word of eventually, and I know I visited this site back then. That's a pretty funny story, and it seems you put a nice amount of work into it.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:28 PM »
Waliugi is awesome! He is a neutral, both helping and annoying the mario bros. I reckon he is one of the best nintendo chracters, because Nintendo does corny chracters better than anyone else! 
Made you look ****.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »
BTW Waluigi was in the MK8 demo at E3, so YEY!
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
Yup.  And the Best Buy demo.  He was my pick.

No Waluigi hat in Animal Crossing.  Wonder if that's something they can send out through DLC...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 10:29:45 PM »
wow... I'm sorry you took to write such a long article about Waluigi haha
Just saying I'am a massive wario bros fan!
WHY DID THEY REPLACE HIM WITH HONEY QUEEN! :@
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »
What has Pap been up to?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 11:43:02 PM »
wow... I'm sorry you took to write such a long article about Waluigi haha
Just saying I'am a massive wario bros fan!
WHY DID THEY REPLACE HIM WITH HONEY QUEEN! :@
because womens rights :D
besides the honey queen actually shows up in a mainline mario game(twice)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50:39 PM »
2016: The Year of Waluigi.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.