Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 415005 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #1175 on: February 22, 2019, 12:16:37 PM »
i just haven't played since like, 2007 or 2008 i think, before i even joined staff.  i want to try it again. it was a blast.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 23, 2019, 09:06:37 PM »
Okay, so I've got my game together, and the sign-up thread is here: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=57427.0

I put the sign-up thread in the Funhouse for greater visibility.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 25, 2019, 07:21:41 PM »
… mafia? :D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1178 on: February 25, 2019, 09:48:56 PM »
I don't know how to play, but I'll try...
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 12, 2019, 07:05:36 PM »
Look you had your chance for a special April Fools Mafia game and you all blew it which is probably for the best. I was mostly planning to actively troll anyone who actually signed up for and attempted to play the game. Basically it's an idea I've been toying with for years but never felt confident in actually going through with because I'm worried I might take it too far and make it unfun for everyone. With the Telethon I could at least say that the game was just a stupid thing that I did to help raise money for the kids.

That said I might be willing to do something a little more serious sometime but it doesn't feel right for me to commit to a Mafia game as the most last second stretch goal in NWR telethon history and to host the next Mafia game anyways when we didn't meet the stretch goal so someone else is going to have to bite the bullet for me on this.
I'll probably do an April Fools special thing. I have an idea that would work well as a sort of teaser for what the April Fools Mafia game would have looked like without being at all a full on April Fools Mafia game. I don't want to give anything away but I'll probably open sign ups as soon as the current game ends.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1180 on: April 04, 2019, 05:54:57 PM »
Just thought I would let people know I am working on my Resident Evil Mafia game.  One conversation I had in particular this game sparked an idea on some things that I want to implement into REM. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1181 on: July 09, 2019, 06:00:43 AM »
updates?
Made you look ****.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1182 on: July 09, 2019, 07:26:29 AM »
I'm sorry I have been busy with some things.  If I have time I will try and work on it during the current game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 06, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »
Got plans for the future, anyone?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 06, 2019, 05:57:18 PM »
I was entertaining the idea of a Halloween game during October. Thinking a Nightmare Before Christmas theme would be fun.

Alternatively got an idea from the child role in the last game. Would be neat to come up with a game where people can't be killed off (or make it much more difficult). Where the Mafia would instead have to find a specific hidden role and target them to win or make it so they could begin killing folks.

In this game, the townies would not vote out who get's killed, but who get's "unmasked" as a sort of public investigation. Instead of people getting hit, they would perhaps be neutralized from making a vote or using a power.

Still working out the details, but I would like to see a game where most everyone gets to remain IN the game, as this could really change some of the power dynamics.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1185 on: September 06, 2019, 06:45:30 PM »
Got plans for the future, anyone?
I am actually wrapping up some roles for my game.  Just need to put everything together.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 06, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »
Sweet, good to know.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1187 on: September 06, 2019, 10:44:26 PM »
I should be posting the sign up thread either tonight/ tomorrow or on Sunday.   I should let everyone know before hand that I won't posting the specific roles used in the signup thread but I will give you an idea on what roles could be used. I'll leave it at that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1188 on: September 07, 2019, 05:33:04 AM »
I am going to post this part of my setup to hear from others and see what they think of one aspect of the game.

Viruses to cure for players for that day. Like the Madness from Mafia 50 but beatable. Players infected by the virus will be given tasks to beat the virus but only they know what that task is.
Progenitor Virus- Unable to post but unkillable unless by vote out.

T-Virus- If not cured will cause the virus to spread to anyone the player has been in contact with via PM. Effects are unable to be killed but can not use their roles or vote if they have them for one day. 

G-Virus will revive a dead player one time and their alignment will be randomized. Newly revived players who become Mafia will be told their teammates but will have no roles or abilities. Can vote. Essentually a goon. Players revived and become townies will be able to vote and will have no abilities. Vanilla Townie.  Players that become 3rd party will be given a random role and will have to follow the guidelines to win. Can vote.  This will be given to a few random players at the start of the game but they won’t exactly know they have the G virus.

T-Veronica can use as a defensive barrier to protect themselves but because of the mental degradation they are unable to use their roles and are unable to vote. This will last 1 day once infected. Players infected by this virus can be voted out though but not killed via hit or kill. 

C-Virus is a rare strain of virus. The player will be able to target a player and that player will die but in the process after succumbing to their own injuries they will die too. Like a kamakazi attack.  There is also the Anti-C vaccine item which will if taken before attaining the C-Virus they will be immune to the C virus.  Combonation of the T-Veronica and G virus.

Daylight Serum is a T, G and T-Veronica anti-virus. Can use on player who has the item and has later attained T,G, or T-Veronica virus to cure it. Won't have to do any of my silly tasks.

Las Plagas virus: Player is outed if Mafia if they become infected. Will have one day to recover via tasks,  townies/Townie Roles die once infected and 3rd party is unable to win even if they survive at the end of the game.

T-Abyss virus triggers an all death game if not cured. No one survives. Very Rare.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:38:02 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 07, 2019, 08:32:34 AM »
Sounds like this could potentially be a bit broken/confusing but I'd be willing to try it. It's certainly different!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1190 on: September 07, 2019, 08:39:20 AM »
Sounds like this could potentially be a bit broken/confusing but I'd be willing to try it. It's certainly different!
I figured it would be good for the theme.  I did have one other mechanic but I think having these in here with all the roles would be enough.  By the way the sign up thread is up now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1191 on: November 04, 2019, 01:57:45 PM »
So I have another idea for the game using the roles that didn't make it to this past game like a second Mafia and kinda having the 2 Mafias and then a few townie roles and then the rest of the players being vanila townies and  mafia goons for the two mafia. There is one thing on one of the Mafia which make it different but I will have the mechanics of it explained and it won't be a closed setup.  The two Mafia teams will alternate nights with their actions and what they do and the Townies will have to figure out the Mafia and survive the game and the Mafia will have to survive each other while trying to eliminate everyone else.  It should be fun.

I have some things I have IRL that I need to do so I won't get to this game and hosting it till January so if someone wants to jump in and host a game or two before then I would be okay with that.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 04, 2019, 02:27:41 PM »
Are there any future games planned before Revisedent Evil 2.0?
I might try my hand at hosting one if no one else has one planned. It'd be much more traditional than BeautifulShy's mindbender though, just because I've never hosted before.

I would also consider stretching days from 48 to 72 hours, depending on how others feel about that. I know I definitely missed out a lot in the last game due to a busy first week. Would a 4-day cycle from in-game Day to Day be too long though?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1193 on: November 04, 2019, 02:40:57 PM »
As far as I can tell there isn't any new games planned. Yes it is a good idea to start with a simple game just to get a feel of how hosting is like.  As to the days length it used to be like 24 hours and I think it got extended to accommidate international players but I mean for me as a host I like the 48 hours just for the fact that it isn't stretched over several days long.   Maybe have the 72 hour time but cut down the time for night actions to maybe a hour or two after the day was closed but you can send in actions early.  That might work.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 27, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »
Buckle up revheads, I'm claiming the driver's seat for Mafia 83: F-Zero - Strapped for Crash!
This brand new F-Zero release takes full advantage of cloud game streaming, meaning you can play anywhere using just your browser! Expect a lag-free experience, with no purchase or subscription required, all beamed directly to your device from NWR's top of the range server farm.

Assuming I get the green light to post threads in this board, sign-ups will be going up shortly.
Please note this will be a more traditional game than last month's mind bender, hope that's okay.

Your homework: Please Select Your Machine!

(Names and details can be found here, if you're somehow not steeped in F-Zero lore.)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1195 on: December 22, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
So the current game is likely over soon so I am going to post that I will host the next game. However it will start in January at some point.  I will throw the signup thread up after this game is over and it will be up through the holidays and I will note when signups close.     This will be the game that I talked about earlier in this thread.
So I have another idea for the game using the roles that didn't make it to this past game like a second Mafia and kinda having the 2 Mafias and then a few townie roles and then the rest of the players being vanila townies and  mafia goons for the two mafia. There is one thing on one of the Mafia which make it different but I will have the mechanics of it explained and it won't be a closed setup.  The two Mafia teams will alternate nights with their actions and what they do and the Townies will have to figure out the Mafia and survive the game and the Mafia will have to survive each other while trying to eliminate everyone else.  It should be fun.

I have some things I have IRL that I need to do so I won't get to this game and hosting it till January so if someone wants to jump in and host a game or two before then I would be okay with that.

Basically barebones aside from the 2nd Mafia's leader which if you saw my previous game google doc you know what it is.  I will explain more in the signup thread.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1196 on: January 22, 2020, 11:16:05 PM »
Someone is free to host the next game as my other games aren't ready yet.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1197 on: January 23, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
Ya know I think I have become energized again to host the next game.   

What game is it going to be? Well it is going to be the current game and all the different changes I tried to foolishly implement as the game was going on.   I guess Khushrenada wants to host the next game. Sure that's fine.

As to my hosting this game I am going to be hands off and just answering questions, tallying votes and locking threads going forward.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 06:33:32 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 24, 2020, 05:51:20 PM »
Yes, as BeautifulShy mentioned in her edited post above, in more news to further upset people and keep them from playing Mafia games, I am coming out of my hosting retirement to take on the next game. So brace yourselves for that unwanted return.

My theme will be based on a videogame. It is a theme we have not used before and it is a Nintendo Franchise. It is not Fire Emblem. Sorry Smash fans. I'll make the official announcement in a few days.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 24, 2020, 07:02:52 PM »
Perhaps we should have a couple of months of a break before another game? I think people get burned out on these things if they happen too often.