Author Topic: Episode 633: The Courage to Talk Fire Emblem with My Boss  (Read 5407 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 633: The Courage to Talk Fire Emblem with My Boss
« on: July 28, 2019, 03:24:00 PM »

My annual performance review is about nothing but Rhajat.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/51248/episode-633-the-courage-to-talk-fire-emblem-with-my-boss

Fire Emblem is out now, so we hope this pre-Fire Emblem episode serves as something you can pay 40% of your attention as you play it. Unlike the normal RFN process of ignoring timeliness, we planned ahead by having Syrenne join us to talk Three Houses. She's had the game for a bit, and has seen the credits "seven times." There's some spoiler stuff here, but most of the conversation focuses on impressions and the shortfalls of the game's branching plot. She's also been playing this month's other Nintendo-published and Koei Tecmo-developed game: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Summary: it sure is one of those. James has been playing Sega's non-Yakuza Yakuza game, Judgment. The criminal investigations and lawyer main character attracted a lot of Ace Attorney comparisons, but the plot really should be raising some eyebrows over at Capcom. Jon has Castlevania Anniversary Collection, a game he didn't intend to buy but did anyway, and has some thoughts on Castlevania I and II. He's also back on his New Nintendo 3DS XL to play some Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. He's spoken highly of the bigger screen on the XL, and how it improves the 3DS overall, and now its helping him reengage with this remake. Greg is still playing Blazing Chrome but he's also working on his RPG backlog with games like Persona Q2. Guillaume closes out New Business with the demos of: Ape Out, Songbird Symphony, and Oninaki. We see you Tokyo RPG Factory, we know what you're up to.

Listener Mail this week took a backseat to all the New Business, but we still managed to answer questions about the fading stigma around being a "gamer" and Nintendo's weird upside-down covers. In the new Nintendo Universe all upside-down characters are Gooigi. Please update your Hystoria books accordingly. Next week we're going to try to do a heavy-dose of Listener Mail, so go ahead and fill our inbox with your questions.

THE RUNDOWN
00:01:49: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
00:40:09: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
00:43:26: Judgment
00:54:02: Castlevania Anniversary Collection
01:07:11: Blazing Chrome and Greg's RPGs
01:13:13: Demos of Ape Out, Songbird Symphony and Oninaki
01:25:47: Listener Mail - The Shame of Gaming
01:34:49: Listener Mail - The Upside-down Boxart

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 633: The Courage to Talk Fire Emblem with My Boss
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 08:39:25 PM »
Even Greg has fallen to Lindemann Syndrome. We're all doooooooooooooomed!

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Even Greg has fallen to Lindemann Syndrome. We're all doooooooooooooomed!

We all float down here...
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »
So I'm slowly playing Fire Emblem right now and am listening to the rundown in this podcast. But I would love to know which two routes have the WTF moment and which do not.  Without getting any spoilers.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 12:20:47 PM »
I love Syrene even though i completely disagree with her on so much i still really enjoy listening to her. I can listen to her own podcast. Does she have one?

With that said I finished the game last night in the "bad ending" and the stuff is overblown. I enjoyed the hell out of my experience. Did i get the "bad ending"? Yeah maybe but i still think the game was great and i didn't run into any of the buggy stuff she mentioned.

I'm exited now to play the other houses now.

I do agree that this is a great portable game. Sharp as hell. Same as Astral Chains. Super sharp and smooth.

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 09:40:15 PM »
Totally agree that a lot of nes games had bs. Contra ain’t one of them. That game is perfectly balanced. It’s not that hard and in 3-4 hours you can master it and pass it. Get spread gun and learn patterns and the game rains extra life’s on you.