Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Nintendo Switch Wishlist Game Recommendations

<< < (2/6) > >>

Khushrenada:
Yeah, I've wanting to get around to those games for some time after seeing Clex Yoshi and I think Halbred (Zach) giving them a lot of praise and love. Right now, it is like Pokemon games for me. A series I buy and don't play. The first game I bought was 1/2 Genie Hero for the Wii U. I was in an EBGames and there was a used copy special edition available so I grabbed it at that lower price. About a year later, I visited a Toys R Us and they had a single copy of Shantae and the Pirates Curse for 3DS at like half price so I snagged that as well. However, it wasn't until early 2020 that I finally got around to purchasing the original Shantae GBC game on the 3DS VC after starting a thread and getting into those VC offerings in the later half of 2019. I want to go through the series in order.

I see I left off Shantae and the Seven Sirens on this list. It's actually on the Wish List for my eShop account but I missed it here. It would be in the same spot as Risky's Revenge as something I'm likely going to pick up at some point. However, I'd rather get Risky's Revenge first.

I also like games such as Shantae where you can play for a bit and make steady progress. I've been playing Bye-Bye BoxBoy on my 3DS and doing a World a day. I could probably go through more but just doing that I've almost completed the game and still had time for other activities.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: pokepal148 on June 29, 2021, 12:09:02 PM ---I cannot recommend the Crash N-sane trilogy unless you have some sort of nostalgia for the originals. The Spyro Trilogy on the other hand is really good outside of some incredibly minor issues with the third game which was handled by a different developer.

--- End quote ---

I've got no nostalgia for them but have wanted to try them just to satisfy my younger self's curiosity. While I was happy with the N64 offerings I played, Crash was one of the few PS1 games and series that did get my attention and would have wanted if I had a PS1. But then the whole series seemed to fall into mediocrity and then people even began criticizing the originals as never very good. That may be the case but it is still a bit of gaming history that I'm sort of still open to trying out. Go back to that moment in time when that type of game was enjoyed. However, there is a reason I've got it so low on my wish list and am not worried if I never get around to it because the majority opinion seems to be that only the third game of that trilogy still has some worth in replaying today. (Although some people did prop up the N. Sane Trilogy as a better collection than Mario 3D All-Stars at the time of that game's release because Nintendo didn't remaster or remake the games like N. Sane did.)

Are you familiar with the channel GINX esports TV? I've been getting a free preview of it through my cable subscription over the past couple weeks. On the whole, it's a worthless channel if you aren't interested in esports and watching people play League of Legends or Fortnite for example. However, there is one show I saw that caught my eye as I was looking at the channel's offerings called Origins. It's sort of a documentary style program that sort of traces what led to the development of a game, its reception and effect and current impact or status. I watched a few episodes that were about PUBG, Fortnite, and Wii Sports. I learned quite a bit on some of these titles and I highly recommend the Wii Sports one as it really explored what made it one of the biggest impacts in gaming without stuff like Wiimotes smashing TV or the hardcore vs casual debate that erupted during the Wii years as many in the industry tried to fight its success. Gave me new appreciation for a game I wasn't all that into back when it did first come out. Anyways, last night, the show did an episode on the Spyro series which is a series I've never paid much attention to. By the end of it, I was considering adding the Spyro Remastered Trilogy to this wishlist. However, I think you are wrong about a different developer for the third game. From the program I watched last night, Insomniac Games developed the first three games. They left their partnership with Universal after the third game was finished to go on their own but Universal kept the rights for Spyro and then began hiring other developers to make further games with the property.

When Toys For Bob worked on the Remastered Trilogy, they got in contact with Insomniac Games and sort of worked with them to get their approval and make sure they were happy with the product which Insomniac appreciated and did give their approval for the product because of that. From everything I saw, the original three games were all done by the same development team at Insomniac.

nickmitch:
The Famicom Detective Club games are good too, and also very short. I beat one in only a few hours and I think James said on the podcast they were like 8 hours long. I’m partway through the second one, and they’re both neat little stories that I think are enjoyable. However, the biggest thing for me was that they scratched the Ace Attorney itch for me since it’s been so long since I played one of those. But if you get The Great Ace Attorney when it comes out, it could satiate that need for you.

For Fitness Boxing, I would recommend the sequel over the original because of the slight changes they made. You're not gonna miss anything from not playing the first game unless the song list is that important to you. Also, the demos are pretty ok. The initial workouts are not too intense, and that's what you get in the demo. So it doesn't give a full picture of what you can expect from the full game.

Kairon:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on June 28, 2021, 05:53:28 PM ---Low Concern
Starlink

--- End quote ---

Do you already have a copy of Starlink for the Switch? Because...uh...I got some spares...

Khushrenada:
Heh heh heh, I'm sure you do. No, I don't have a copy. I could get a physical copy for cheap as well but I've never bothered because I soon became aware after it released that the smart and more cost efficient way to acquire the game would be the Digital Deluxe edition. As such, I've never been interested in getting the physical copy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version