Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Nintendo Switch Lite and Future Revisions

<< < (28/28)

Stratos:

--- Quote from: Kairon on July 06, 2021, 03:56:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mop it up on July 06, 2021, 03:12:24 PM ---Since it's functionally the same as the current regular Switch, I think it should replace it eventually, to help lessen possible confusion by having too many models. But, only if they bring it back down to $300 when it comes time to replace it.

--- End quote ---

And by doing so, Nintendo will have successfully maintained the $300 price point for even longer. They must really be trying to support that price point and avoiding a "price cut" below it for as long as possible.

--- End quote ---

Nintendo has always profited on their hardware and unlike other game console manufacturers the vast majority of their profits are from hardware sales, not software. It makes sense that they would work to maintain the price point over slashing prices.

Hopefully we see an improvement in joycon performance as well from newer peripherals since they have been plagued by issues like drift and connection stability for years. Now is a good time to stealth release new joycons with fixes since a lot more will go out into the wild, though I'd rather it be a clear and distinct difference so it will be easier to find the new ones. But I don't see Nintendo doing that as it would be admitting the flaws were widespread and hurt their chances with the class action lawsuits they are handling.

ThePerm:
"But I don't see Nintendo doing that as it would be admitting the flaws were widespread and hurt their chances with the class action lawsuits they are handling."

Bingo. I expect there to still be a complaint about the Joycons. They can save the fix for Nintendo's next system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version