Author Topic: February Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
February Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

Which games will you spend your points on?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36530

Donkey Kong Jr., Pictobits, Punch-Out!! (NES), and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars are this month's Club Nintendo digital game rewards.

Both Donkey Kong Jr. and Pictobits are available for 150 Coins each and are redeemable through the 3DS eShop. Punch-Out!! (NES) is 200 Coins and can be download onto Wii U platforms through the eShop. Finally, Super Mario RPG, also 200 Coins, is downloadable through the Wii Shop Channel on Wii U, via Wii Mode, or through the same shop on traditional Wii consoles.

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: February Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »
I think it's very disingenuous of them to put 'Wii U' above Super Mario RPG, just because technically you can get it through Wii mode.
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline gamehiker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
Agreed. I may get it anyway, but knowing that I'll do it only to drop in another dollar fifty for the full Wii U experience is disappointing.

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 06:45:01 PM »
Yay, another month and another group of games about which I don't care or already bought.

Offline mustbeburt

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 06:48:59 PM »
I also agree that it's disingenuous.  I was really excited when they released 1080 Snowboarding with the "Wii U" tag above it.  I was like... they released an N64 game on the Wii U VC!... but they didn't.

Offline thumbscar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • bookwyrm05 blog
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »
If you have 200 extra coins? Wow get Mario RPG. It is most certainly worth the hassle of navigating Wii mode and the Wii Virtual Console.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
If you have 200 extra coins? Wow get Mario RPG. It is most certainly worth the hassle of navigating Wii mode and the Wii Virtual Console.

Kind of wishing I didn't blow all my coins on 3DS game cases recently. (Don't regret the swag I ordered... but definitely would've been into Super Mario RPG if I had enough coins.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 12:12:08 AM »
I really enjoyed DK Jr when I was a kid, but now I get bored of it after like 5 minutes.

Pictobits is pretty good, but when it gets hard its practically impossible hard, even with XL screen I still feel its too small to play this.

Super mario RPG is a wonderful game with a great story and music and fun simple gameplay. Graphically it suffers but outside the first mario and luigi I find it the best Mario RPG that has replay value and doesn't outlast its welcome.

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 12:55:11 AM »
I remember how awesome looking it was back in 1997 when it first came out.

Graphics don't hold up entirely 16 years later but there's some things to like there still.

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »
Oh man, might have to grab PictoBits. My wife already has it on her DSi, where I played most of it, but would love to have on my own system, if only for the music. So worth it if you haven't played it before.

For now I'm still really enjoying last month's DSiWare offering, Spin Six. Lots of hidden puzzle gems on that store. BTW: Did you know that eye crust is made of hardened proteins?
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com