Author Topic: Mounting GCN on wall?  (Read 2270 times)

Offline KnuxSonic

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mounting GCN on wall?
« on: June 03, 2003, 03:49:29 PM »
Okay, this may sound strange, but I'm thinking of mouting my GCN on a wall with some super glue and velcro. The velcro will hold, i'm sure of it, because it's supposed to hold up to 20 lbs... what I'm worried about is how it might effect the GCN. The velcro would bind the bottom side (where the modem ports are) to the wall, thus making the GCN vertical. The fans wouldn't be blocked but would this cause extra stress on moving parts such as the laser's motor?
-------"They call them fingers, but I aien't ever seen 'em fing... oh there they go." -Otto

Offline NThumb

• View Profile
Mounting GCN on wall?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 12:45:15 AM »
Monting  your gamecube to the wall? That is weird. I really don't recomend doing that because you wont be able to put a modom, a gameboy playet,and what ever gose in that tiny serial port. If the Cube is veical I think it will mess up yout system becuse it was not created t o be on its side. Therefore it mightscrach your games . Why would you need to stick on the wall any way! The game cube can fit nearly anywhere because its size.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Mounting GCN on wall?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 12:48:12 AM »
suspend it from the roof! that would be awsome i could knock up a thing todo that pretty easy and still have it so you can use the ports underneath it... hrmmmmmmmm now you have got me thinking

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 09:32:15 PM »
i was thinking of mounting mine vertically within the shelf i have all of my systems on. The initial concern i had was with the laser and malalignment, but given that the GC is meant to be moved about, i think would be less of an issue. There were no warnings in the GC manual saying that the system must be oriented any particular way either so...

i would suggest some sort of wall mount. The Velcro may hold together, but it may not hold to the wall, especially if it gets hot. i had a dry erase board and corkboard that fell apart due to the heat in my room. You could attach the cube to the mount, or make a sort of cradle to hold it in place, as i'm thinking of doing. This way, it's easy to remove the system if you need (say you want to add a Gameboy Player), and day-to-day tasks like switching games doesn't tax the Velcro's adhesive.

You need to decide how you'll orient it, and how you'll deal with wires. It's a good excuse to get Wavebirds, if you haven't already.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline controllerport1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 03:16:09 AM »
I had the same idea if mounting it on the wall! (great minds think alike!) I've been thinking...the cube's handle is strong, so anyone could make a device that holds the cube by it's handle.  All you have to do is design a holder. My idea was a wooden holder that mirrors the shape of the cube's handle.  The cube would appear to defy gravity, and would look swift. Just make sure you attach the sweet holder you design to a wall stud, or the holder might pull away from the wall.  Aoi Tsuki's idea of a cradle rocks too.

Just make sure to keep it Viewtiful people!
shiggfriggantastic!

Offline phreak97

• View Profile
RE:Mounting GCN on wall?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 12:19:24 AM »
i dont think the gcn cares how it sits.. or how it moves or anything.. iv had mine on its side for hours (until i realised it was blocking the vents) and iv had it upsidedown for hours and hanging by its cables even for at least an hour.. once i got extra pissed and kicked it about a metre and a half(it would have gone about another metre but the wall was in the way) the game didnt even flicker let alone chunk or freeze.. the gcn has never scratched any of my discs (except when i threw a controller at it and the top opened and the game decided to keep spinning but off the spindle instead of on it.

i dont think you would have much trouble.. unlike sony or microsoft, nintendo are a GAMES company.. the make quality GAMES and GAME systems.. they know how to make them good.. who here has heard of a gamecube dying because of its own fault? or for an unknown reason?

of all the nintendo products i own the only problems they have had were for VERY good reasons, unlike my psx which after being dropped once by accident decided it didnt have an ext or mc ports.. also i currently have an xbox lying somewhere which wont recognise anything plugged into its controller ports..