Author Topic: First North American Wii U Advertisement Video Airs Today  (Read 6974 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: First North American Wii U Advertisement Video Airs Today
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
Augh....my ears! 

Other than that, I think the commercial is good enough.  I think it spends its 1 minute effectively.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »
Opps?  Nintendo didn't stress the new system instead they refer it to as WII U.  Casual parents wouldn't know that that WII U means new system all they would see in an Tablet controller?

The UK one was a bit better IMO in showcasing the system and the games.  The NoA has way to much going on and it's short compared to the 2 1/2 minutes one that was in Europe.  It's confusing to the casuals IMO.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 10:39:40 PM »
wub wub!

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »
Nicholas, that's a good ad!
Seriously all they have to do is make an ad focused on that golf scene:

No music. The GamePad on the floor, a ball in the sand. She walks up to it. Swings her remote. Pan up to the TV and there's your ball, flying off into the distance. Cut to logo: Wii U. Fifteen seconds. A million sold.

I was at the E3 2011 conference and that scene got the most audible reaction by far. I hope it still exists as a viable play mechanic, though; I'm worried they tried and the Wii remote-to-GamePad interaction just wasn't right. Our imaginations ran away with the original Wii's potential, and much of it stayed a fantasy. Hopefully Actual Wii U is closer to the truth of what we all imagine it can become.
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com