Author Topic: New Nintendo Title for Japanese WiiWare  (Read 1833 times)

Offline NWR_Karlie

• twitter.com/JonLindemann
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
New Nintendo Title for Japanese WiiWare
« on: September 03, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »

Imagine really fast vertical Tetris combined with Operation.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/23973

Nintendo's Japanese website has been updated with a page for a new Nintendo-published WiiWare title.

Surinuke Anatousu, developed by Nintendo and Keys Factory, is a single player puzzle game where you direct a Tetris-like shape of varying shapes and sizes through gaps in the approaching wall by moving and rotating it in three dimensions. The gaps vary in size and shape, and power-ups can cause your shape to change in size. Four control schemes are supported, Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Remote (horizonally), Classic Controller, and Classic Controller Pro.

The game will be released as part of the Japanese weekly downloads on September 7 for 800 Wii Points.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Nintendo Title for Japanese WiiWare
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »
I only watched the 2nd video, but I wonder what happens when you miss.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »
It reminds me of that one game show, I believe it was called "Hole in the Wall" here in North America, but may have actually been titled something like "Human Tetris" in Japan. Looks like it could be fun, I might download it if it were to make its way here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »
This is a pretty nice idea. I haven't really seen anything like this.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17:37 PM »
It reminds me of that one game show, I believe it was called "Hole in the Wall" here in North America, but may have actually been titled something like "Human Tetris" in Japan. Looks like it could be fun, I might download it if it were to make its way here.

It was called Brain Wall, although English speakers sometime referred to it as human Tetris since that it was it looked like.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
Whoa.  That actually looks pretty cool.  I didn't listen to the music, (in a mute-necessary situation), but with some driving tunes that could be a fun, intense puzzler.  (And an aside: Bring back Tetrisphere!)
And that TV show was ree-diculous.
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com