Author Topic: Interesting Project...  (Read 3384 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Interesting Project...
« on: October 04, 2004, 01:26:12 PM »
http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/47208/Yoshis_Mods_Project_Couch_Potato.html

A very cool thing to see, and since my friend and I both have the entire week off (Fall Break!  Sux for you college ppl), we were wanting to do a project, and we saw that.  If someone has pictures of it, those would be useful, but what I'm really asking for here is if anyone has any ideas on how we could make a similar thing happen with a GameCube or PS2 (neither one of us owns an Xbox).  I own two Wavebirds, and, though they're quite costly, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get our hands on a Logitech controller for the PS2.  I'm wanting to know if we shoudl do that or just get a cheap Xbox/controller off of eBay.  Thnx in advance.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Interesting Project...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 01:36:06 PM »
You have a fall break?!  What the hell?  Throughout my entire school life I have never ever heard of such a thing.

• View Profile
RE:Interesting Project...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 01:52:36 PM »
Yes.  We also have a spring break, and like twelve other days off just for the hell of givign us a day off.  And its Plano ISD, one of the top ISD's in the country.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 02:08:04 PM »
Uh I guess go with ebay, unless you goto a used games store.  I wouldn't do it myself though, that is, take apart my games system to make a remote for it.  But to each their own.  Be careful.

And I've never heard of a fall break either.  What is ISD?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 03:07:07 PM »
ISD = Independent School District

We're planning on having the supervision of an experienced electrician with us when we perform the mod.  Also, we've decided to go with buying an Xbox, if at all possible, but we're not finding unbelieveably good deals on eBay; could anyone help?  We're finding a bunch of great things, but they're either retarded eBooks, or not readily available (like 6 days from now, and we like need the console by Saturday; we live in Dallas, Texas, if that helps).  Help?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 09:23:51 PM »
I have a fall break, and I'm in college.  Whereas I did not have one in high school.

However, I only get off two or three days extra.  The big break is at Christmas, we have about a month off.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 06:54:34 AM »
Kirby, I remember when it used to be like that for us.  I went to CCISD (Corpus Christi, Fellow Texan) just now it's all 3 day "Thanksgiving Break"  Sucks for us, but we get out earlier than y'all.  HOOWAH!!
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 08:20:52 AM »
I sorta have fall break this week, its more carryover from the fact we're still missing school from Ivan.

It was a nice month long break, i must admit.   If you ignore all the destruction, devastation, and people who no longer have homes (myself included)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 02:03:24 PM »
That's too much work to be able to do and still call yourself lazy.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 03:24:41 PM »
Fall breaks aren't terribly uncommon.  I'm at the Art Institute in Portland, and we go year round here.  In between each term we have a break.  2 weeks for Christmas and Summer, and one week for Spring and Fall.  The trade off is you have to go a full physical year less.  It's pretty nice.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 12:40:07 PM »
The thread's gone way off topic, but that's all right, because I've abandoned this project for something more doable...

4 8 15 16 23 42