Author Topic: I bought an xbox :)  (Read 3688 times)

Offline seen33

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I bought an xbox :)
« on: October 04, 2004, 08:27:56 AM »
sorry guys...  But I cant take nintendo anymore.  the last game I bought was TOS and the last one before that was nearly a year ago.  As for what's left in gamecube for me, well im going to buy the next zelda, metroid prime 2 and possibly 1 or 2 more games if i see any good ones.

I was just tired of missing out on hundreds of great titles cause they are xbox and ps2 only.  I bought burnout 3 for xbox and i cant put it down.  its just too amazing.  It sadens me that gamecube never got it.  Also, Online play is something i do alot of.  I grew up on consoles and moved to pc in the days of starcraft.  although I still played my N64, I would always use my pc to play online games.  Well after now getting xbox live (2 months free with burnout 3) and playing it and other games online (like ESPN NHL 2k5)..  I will be paying for a yearly subscription.

I own 3 memory cards for my Gamecube.  with all that $ I had to pay for those cards it has already boosted the system price to more then that of the xbox which I did not need to buy a single memory card for.  Xbox has 5.1 and DTS compared to PL2 on GC.  I have a good surround sound system and play both systems in surround modes if the game supports it.  PL2 is nothing compared to 5.1.

Also, xbox has hundreds of games for system link.  although I dont bring my consoles to friends houses,  My other friend has a xbox and we play system link games over XBC now.  I even own a gamecube + mario Kart and so does my brother (who lives away at campus).  I mean we played a game on warp pipe but it was laggy to say the least.  then when he came home we played MK over lan with 7 players for like 2 hours and never used the lan mode again.  It just was too boring.  We couldent even choose our carts.  Maybe its also the fact that i did not enjoy MK: DD nearly as much as MK64 and the fact that they took out the bomb from multiplayer which was one of the greatest aspects.

Anyway THUG 2 comes out today (or tommorow) and im gonna buy it for my xbox.  after owning THPS 3,4 and thug for gamecube... im happy to get thug 2 xbox version.  Although its lacking online play from the ps2 (that sucks) it still has system link so I can play more then 2 players.  also, the custom soundtracks you get are really a plus.  Also, games on GC that come out as well on xbox, I will never buy for gamecube if there is an online option for the game on xbox.   Goldeneye Rouge agent is another example.  Im deffenitly gonna pass on this game for Gamecube.  I would much rather have a FPS that has a great multiplayer mode and has online options like the xbox version will.

Lots of you seem to think that online is evil since no1 makes a profit on it or something?  well GOOD... its about freaking time a multi-billion dollar company took a small loss of profits in 1 area to satisfy customers.  I mean.. even if M$ does lose money on xbox..  they still have made money in the long run on having a bigger user base for their system (cause people like me bought the system for online/system link play).  Besides.. OVERALL the xbox scene has made a profit, as with ps2 and gamecube.  Nintendo could easily afford to take some losses in the online marketplace.  I garuntee they would sell more systems/games if they did have online play like the other systems.  I hear xbox is gonna "change" for the next generation.. and I welcome the changes as long as they still support online/lan.  Although this thing I hear about "no hard drive" is really a downer for me.  This better make the system much cheaper at launch cause im gonna have to buy memory cards for it.

Anyway enough of my ranting...  Im just here to say im enjoying my xbox much more then my gamecube which has a layer of dust on top of it now  .  I just dont seem to like the way nintendo is thinking now-a-days and if they dont fix things up.. im not going to buy the gamecube 2.  Im not interested in connecting my system to my portable..  I would much rather have online/lan play.  The DS is looking good and if nintendo is smart and offers online play (Rather then just lan) I will pick one up for sure, but i still dont care about connecting it with my Gamecube or gamecube 2 to unlock stuff.

BTW.. if any1 is interested.. check out my video game setup.. I managed to get them all hooked up at once with like 3 differnt switchboxs and power bars and a hub for pluggin in both systems.  its also quite organized Extra controllers/perhephials are kept in the side drawer thingys of the entertainment unit.

http://xs.to/pics/04092/VideoGames.jpg  

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
RE: I bought an xbox :)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 08:33:13 AM »
Yeah, it's nice to have multiple consoles. I still like my Gamecube better, but they both have their pros and cons.  Send me a friend request at molobert if you want to play NHL 2k5 or something

Offline seen33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 08:43:40 AM »
actually I rented ESPN nhl2k5.. already brought it back.

Games I currently own are

Fable
Burnout 3
Tony Hawk 2x
Star Wars KOTOR ( I havent even opened this one yet haha)

I also want to get Mx unleashed, top spin, halo 2, crimson skies, MTX motocross,marrowind and mroe but i cant buy all these games at once ha.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 09:23:56 AM »
And I absolutely don't care

(lol Fable)

And to make sure others don't think I'm a fanboy, I have an Xbox and 2 games: Halo and DOA3...The only other titles I am going to get are Conker and Kameo, if they even make it out this gen...The Xbox for me has been the most disappointing console ever...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
RE:I bought an xbox :)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 10:04:44 AM »
I agree with Bill.  I did have an XBox at one point because I actually thought it was a great system.  I mean, I was telling everyone "I would never get rid of this!"  Then....about a month or so later, I got tired of it.  It is a good system, just not very fun.   My GameCube is the same way, just it actually has games I want.  ToS is just amazing.  I thought that RPGs should always have been turn based, then after playing ToS.....mind was changed.  The Xbox was a let down, and now my PS2 is becoming one.  It's just sitting there not doing anything...and it actually has dust.  Oy, I need to stop wasting money.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 10:15:05 AM »
How come whenever somebody buys a second console they always act like they've betrayed us or something?  It's always "I'm sorry guys but Nintendo isn't cutting it anymore so I bought an Xbox."  You're sorry?  Who cares?  Buy whatever console fits your needs.  As long as you've made an informed decision I don't care.

The Gamecube doesn't have very good third party support.  That's a fact.  The Gamecube only has two online titles.  That's a fact.  Gamecube multiconsole games are rarely the best version.  That's a fact.  If those bother you enough to buy another console it's perfectly justified.

One thing I always find weird however is that whenever some thread like this comes up it's always the Xbox they bought.  That just seems weird to me since the PS2 has much more variety and more Japanese games (which a Nintendo fan would probably like more) and thus to me seems like a better choice.  The Xbox has a lot of the same third party problems the Cube has.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 11:05:18 AM »
heh Ive been tempted to buy an xbox or ps2 for one simple reason, the  games are so cheap! before anything I should explain, I live in Bogota and in my country ( and Im pretty sure all latinamerica is the same) piracy goes around rampant, I havent seen a legal xbox or ps2 game ever. I only own 5 games for my little black cube, and that basically is equals to my mom's salary. Thats the only reason ps2 and xbox succeded here, very few people can afford the console not to mention the games, unless they are filthy rich or insane Nintendo maniacs like me that doesnt care if their families go bankrupt, otherwise Nintendo would still reign supreme around here.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
RE:I bought an xbox :)
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 12:40:56 PM »
I feel the same way about Nintendo recently, and I haven't played my Cube for longer than an hour at a time since 2003.  There hasn't been a game that's been released that I actually wanted since like Soul Calibur 2 and F-zero GX.  The only one this year so far was ToS and Pikmin 2.  I'm not interested in MP2 at all, bought the first MP the day it came out and never got into it, if I have time one day maybe I will.  Right now the only GC games I'm interested in is RE4, SF2, Advance Wars, Geist, and LoZ.  I've just been having way too much fun with my PS2, especially playing online.  And some games for PS2 I own, have good GC versions but lack online play so it's a no brainer as to which ver to buy.  I do want an XB for a few games, and maybe one day will buy one.  I understand your long explanation because if you just said "I bought an XB" you would get some flack.  I hope Revolution changes things as far as the games Nintendo releases and gets from 3rd parties.  

EDIT: The good thing about GC compared to my PS2 is that I can play 4 person multiplayer with friends, but that occasion happens maybe once a year, and now that we're getting older I will be lucky to have it happen at all.  By the same token though we can do that with XB too, with alot more games.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 03:06:16 PM »
i Play teh Vitua Cop2

BANG BANG with my imported lightgun

Go Dreamcast!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.