Author Topic: Digg Dugging  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Digg Dugging
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:30:45 AM »
Hey everybody.  I'm sure most of you know about Digg.  If you don't, I highly suggest checking it out at http://digg.com.  Basically, it's a really cool way for people to quickly give a thumbs up or a thumbs down to an article.  Based on these ratings, the articles are then listed over at Digg.com.

NWR recently put a "Digg this Article" link at the top of the news stories that go up.  This gives you the ability to give your opinion on some of the articles, and possibly put it in front of more people's eyes.

Anyway, I'm not sitting here asking people to Digg every article here, as that defeats the purpose of Digg.  If you see an article that you think is really cool and/or really informative, hit the link up and join the Digg community.  It's one of the most interesting things going on the web right now.    You'll also then be able to digg articles at other sites too, as it's spreading everywhere!  I finally took the time to create an account today.  I've been meaning to do it for quite some time.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Digg Dugging
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 11:50:41 AM »
How about del.icio.us or newsvine?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Digg Dugging
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:21:43 PM »
Wait, so you didn't register on Digg for MattVDB's Wii Tribute Animation?  What a jerk.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »
Digg is where Slashdot deports its idiots and trolls to. From the few glimpses of it I've seen I'm not going on that website ever again.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:22:49 AM »
I agree KDR when it comes to comments.  But I think the general system works pretty damn well.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »
this is something one of my professors would jizz himself over.  he's so into all this "web 2.0" crap.  I can't stand it.

Too bad it's my major...
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 07:06:03 PM »
When did we need other people's opinions to form our own opinions?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 07:18:20 PM »
Could you add a "don't digg this article" link, too? It might come in handy for certain articles

Originally posted by: oohhboy
When did we need other people's opinions to form our own opinions?

How did you find PGC? Through a google search? Guess how the results of that search were ranked?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 07:30:27 PM »

How did you find PGC? Through a google search? Guess how the results of that search were ranked?
When you typed in "GameCube" into Google, PGC used to be third or fourth on the list. When you type in "Wii" or even "Nintendo", NWR is nowhere in sight.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 08:20:41 PM »
If I remember correctly, I ran into you guy pre-GC launch when I followed a story through IGN and never looked back. I was at IGN for about 2 visits.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 10:07:41 PM »
Wow Vudu, thanks for the support.  I'm glad you liked it.  I've been on Digg for around a year now.  It's had its phases, some good, some not so good.  It's currently going through a not so good one, in my opinion, but there is still quite a bit of good information there.  Do sign up.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 02:02:49 AM »
I don't think I really knew what Digg was back when MattVDB had his thing.  I did submit it to Kotaku though, so it's not like I didn't support.  

Also, you can unDigg articles by clicking on the Digg this article link first, then clicking the bury link.  That will only be available if someone has already submitted the article though.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 03:04:16 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering
How did you find PGC?
I found PGC after visiting GameSpy.  It was back during their "planet" days.  I just typed "planetgamecube.com into my browser and got lucky.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!