Author Topic: LEGO Builder's Journey (Switch) Review  (Read 8342 times)

Offline John Rairdin

• Director
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
LEGO Builder's Journey (Switch) Review
« on: June 22, 2021, 07:01:23 AM »

Wait, this was an option for how LEGO games could work?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/57626/lego-builders-journey-switch-review

It is hard to know where to start with LEGO Builder’s Journey, but perhaps the most important prerequisite is to let go of any concept you have of LEGO games. Whether that is the modern 3rd-person action games, or LEGO Island, LEGO Builder’s Journey is nothing like any of them, beyond its inclusion of colored building pieces. This is of course what makes it so interesting. Were it not for the LEGO branding on every brick, it would likely be regarded as a high concept indie game that seeks to explore the human condition. Statements like that are why I say that before we begin, we need to let go of what a LEGO game normally represents.

LEGO Builder’s Journey is a puzzle platformer of sorts that most easily draws comparisons to Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, or perhaps the classic Lemmings. You’re presented with a small three-dimensional playspace and must create a path for your character to reach a set end point. As the story progresses some stages become more about completing an objective than reaching a specific point. Regardless,  you’ll accomplish all of this by placing LEGO pieces. Sometimes they’ll just be strewn about the stage; other times they’ll come floating down a river or even be generated by the player using blocks that link and duplicate as you place them.

The act of picking up and placing LEGO is arguably the most accurately represented it ever has been in a game. There are no specific structures you have to build, no instructions to follow, just a goal to be accomplished. Pieces are varied and can all be freely rotated and placed anywhere. While the freeform gameplay is absolutely a plus, it is often hard to tell exactly where a brick is going to attach as you float it above the playspace. Bricks also have a habit of snapping to specific points, likely in an effort to mitigate some perspective issues, but half the time I found myself fighting with this feature to put the piece where I actually wanted it rather than where it thought I did. A simple indicator that marks the spot below a piece where it will attach would have made a huge difference. In the end though, the building mechanics here remain more satisfying than they ever have been.

LEGO Builder’s Journey is only about two hours long, easily experienced in a single sitting. In fact, I’d strongly recommend that be how you play it. What impressed me most was how engaged I became with the faceless, voiceless characters it employs. Unlike the typical LEGO minifigures usually seen in these games, the characters here are simple LEGO creations themselves. That being said they’re excellently animated and provide quietly emotive actors throughout the story. The plot itself is, on its surface, a simple story about a child wanting to spend time with their parents. Within the subtext, however, are much more complex concepts of the differences between doing something for fun and for work, and the effects our lives have on those around us.

The LEGO branding on LEGO Builder’s Journey is simultaneously its greatest asset, and highest hurdle. The LEGO bricks themselves are the perfect tool to tell this story, and factor in heavily to its themes of play versus work. However, the name LEGO also runs the risk of obscuring this quietly beautiful adventure, simply due to the type of game we’d generally associate with the brand. This is a wonderful game that is likely to hit a little deeper than you expect. If this represents a future direction for how LEGO treats their games, LEGO Builder’s Journey is a sign of very good things to come.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Builder's Journey (Switch) Review
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »
Ok, I think I will have to play this

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 04:20:52 PM »
I like that they seem to be trying something a little different here, I'll probably have to check this out at some point.

Offline michealspencer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 11:52:11 PM »
Tips for keeping your house smelling nice

If you want to live healthily, your house needs to be clean. Clean is not enough; your home has to be filled with fresh smells creating good feeling all day long. Even if you always get busy at work, your kids and pets running around, bad smells are being generated. Odors happen in every house, and the importance is who can control and eliminate it well.

If you are struggling with odors which don’t go away, and you want to find a solution for it. Don’t worry because it is for you all. We will show you some of our experience in dealing with terrible smell sticking in our house. Let get started!

Check Here: Allinoneguides.com

1.  Vacuum and clean your house regularly

The most important way to keep your home smelling good is keeping it fresh each and every day. You should have the best vacuum cleaner for vacuuming your house, curtains, stairs and all the corners of your house frequently. You can take a look at the ten best reviews of vacuum cleaner to find the best one for you. Focus on the cleaner with good user agreement & feedback.

You might not have enough time to vacuum and clean your home every day, but you should do it at least 2-3 times a week.

2.  Eliminate rubbish disposal smell

The rubbish disposal can be causing a terrible smell in your home. Food garbage tiles up over time and starts to seep the scent around your kitchen and spread to all of the rooms closed. You can eliminate this smell by cutting some lemons, oranges, grapefruits or limes. The acid in these kinds of fruits can kill the odors and bacteria while it is still very natural and friendly to our health.

3.  Fresh perfumes

Don’t forget one way to keep your home smelling pleasant, is by introducing some scents such as chamomile or lavender. You can easily buy this aroma online with a budget-friendly price from best reviews ever of aromas and scents. Some kind of fragrance is also natural and is not harmful to humans. Remember carefully reading the instructions and reviews from customers to make sure that it is not causing any allergy for your family members. We recommended TOP product evaluated on Allinoneguides.com for those who like to buy aromas online.

4.  Deodorize the carpets or floor

Carpets are one of the things which keep the smelly odors in your house. It is better to have vacuum cleaners to keep it clean and make some deodorizing carpet powder with natural ingredients instead of purchasing the chemicals.

5.  Grow some plants

As you know, the atmosphere in some places with a lot of plants would be much fresher and purer than the others. That’s why you should keep some plants in your houses such as  palm trees, orchids or peace lilies. It is not only to freshen up your home but also bring energy and beauty to your house. You can choose some easy to take care of plants if you are busy people, it is better to check up best reviews guide to find the good plants for your house.

Read More: Product comparisons: A guide from ALL IN ONE Guides to making the best choice

A beautiful house is not only looks but also scent house. These above tips surely bring a pure and delightful home without odors for you. If you experience any tremendous deodorizing solution, or products for improving home’s smell, don’t hesitate to share it in the comment below.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 01:40:36 AM by michealspencer »